Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140290 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #270 on: February 02, 2008, 11:29:06 pm »
We had two great chapters today, Louise - you've gone above and beyond the call of duty!  LOL!

Now, I have to hop on over to the other thread - looks like you're on a roll!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #271 on: February 02, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »
I am indeed.

If there is anything good that can be said to come out of the tragedy of Heath's death and the new focus that Brokeback has received as a result of the notoriety, for me,  is to give me another shot in the arm toward the first cut of reworking the rest of the Greenlea stories so that I can offer them to new fans and to those who need to read a positive story of hope for the Ennises of the world.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2008, 05:47:29 am »

I understand where you're coming from, souxi  :)

But, I actually don't find that part of Ellery charming.  And he's isn't quite telling everything like it is.  My mouth fell open when I realized he hadn't contacted the D.A.'s office after he spoke with Marigold.  To let Paula find out from Marigold's attorney, and then to give that "Oh, any news?" line to Paula at the courthouse?  *shakes head*  I applaud that he was able to get a plea from Marigold, but he was already pretty darn close to crossing the line, and now he's crossed it.  I'm very curious to hear what Wes will have to say - and if Ellery will come clean about exactly what he said to Paula. 

See now I do find that charming. I can,t help it lol. Yes I know maybe his methods are a bit errrrr, different? But hey it got the desired result didn,t it? Miss snooty knickers will get over it lol. As for crossing the line, I can,t help it, I have to forgive him, he reminds me so much of me lol.
Thanks for this Louise. It really is helping to cheer us all up a bit.
Souxi. xx

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2008, 12:34:45 pm »
...Yes I know maybe his methods are a bit errrrr, different? But hey it got the desired result didn,t it? ...

I'm not so sure Ellery would agree - I don't think he desired the result of that ass kicking he got from Wes!   :laugh:  (Or having the case taken out of his hands).  But I do agree that Louise is doing a great job of cheering us up! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
Top Ten Things Ellery Needs To Do
(In addition to attending the Seminars)

10.   Get a subscription to Ms. magazine.
  9.   Go to the video store and see if there are any old "Maude" episodes
        available.
  8.   Since he doesn't like the whiny voice of the doctor on his meditation tapes,
        replace them with the "The Feminine Mystique" book on tape.
  7.   Make a substantial donation to N.O.W. (bonus points if he actually becomes   
        a member but I realize that's pushing it).
  6.   Have Mr. Coyote give him a lickin'.
  5.   Write another essay.   This one entitled, "Women Are Not the Enemy: How
        I've Learned to Stop Being an Arrogant Jackass"

4.   Make dinner for Edna and serve it to her (bonus points if he wears one of
        her aprons).
  3.   Have Mr. Coyote give him another lickin'.
  2.   Apologize to Paula and mean it.
  1.   Make an appointment with Stew and get his Will updated and POAs drawn
        up!!!!!!!!!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #275 on: February 03, 2008, 01:54:11 pm »
What? I go away for a couple of hours and there's two pages of posts and two chapters to catch up on??

Gosh, you are on a roll Louise! We're in France right now, doing a bit of skiing (tomorrow hopefully) and I brought my computer with me. Well there's a first time for everything I guess. If I fall and hurt my knee like I did last year, at least I'll have this place and your stories to keep me busy!

Top Ten Things Ellery Needs To Do
(In addition to attending the Seminars)

10.   Get a subscription to Ms. magazine.
  9.   Go to the video store and see if there are any old "Maude" episodes
        available.
  8.   Since he doesn't like the whiny voice of the doctor on his meditation tapes,
        replace them with the "The Feminine Mystique" book on tape.
  7.   Make a substantial donation to N.O.W. (bonus points if he actually becomes   
        a member but I realize that's pushing it).
  6.   Have Mr. Coyote give him a lickin'.
  5.   Write another essay.   This one entitled, "Women Are Not the Enemy: How
        I've Learned to Stop Being an Arrogant Jackass"

4.   Make dinner for Edna and serve it to her (bonus points if he wears one of
        her aprons).
  3.   Have Mr. Coyote give him another lickin'.
  2.   Apologize to Paula and mean it.
  1.   Make an appointment with Stew and get his Will updated and POAs drawn
        up!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, the numbers 10 to 7 are a mystery to me, but I wholeheartedly agree with the others! OMG, Ellery wearing Edna's apron!!! LOL
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #276 on: February 03, 2008, 02:47:29 pm »
Hmmm, the numbers 10 to 7 are a mystery to me, but I wholeheartedly agree with the others! OMG, Ellery wearing Edna's apron!!! LOL

Oops - sorry, Fabienne.  Yeah, I guess those references might not be easily recognizable outside of the U.S. - "Ms." is a landmark feminist magazine first published in the 1970's.  "Maude" was a popular 1970's American sitcom about an outspoken feminist.  "The Feminine Mystique" is a book written in the 1960's that some think helped to ignite the contemporary women's movement. "N.O.W." is the "National Organization for Women."  Can't see Ellery doing any of these! LOL!

Have fun and be careful!

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #277 on: February 03, 2008, 03:28:45 pm »
Now #5 there has some really good potential plot-wise!

I'm doing a few Sunday chores but soon will be typing away on the next installment - to keep you all distracted and in good cheer.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #278 on: February 03, 2008, 03:38:01 pm »
I,ve got to stick up for poor Ellery here lol. Yes he may be an arrogant jackass, but that,s just in his nature, and you can,t change the way you are inside. He may be able to learn to bite his tongue, but his basic nature, he can,t change that, and I wouldn,t want him too. He,s just great the way he is thanks. And making him write another essay is treating him like a child, IMO. You wouldn,t have Wes make him do that would you Louise? Poor Ellery. It,s not his fault he doesn,t like woman, and he probably doesn,t mean to be rude, he just can,t help himself.
Thats my 2 cents, for what it,s worth.  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2008, 03:50:29 pm »
Souxi are you so funny.  A champion for good old Ellery!  It's nice to know there are people rooting or the arrogant jackasses of the world Soux!!