Author Topic: The 10 Best Songs of 2007  (Read 12195 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: The 10 Best Songs of 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 09:03:07 am »
Never heard a none of them. 

Nor I, Clarissa. Not one!  ::)

I saw the list in Time magazine and thought it may be popular here at BetterMost, where polls about contemporary music and film seem to be quite popular. Seems I was wrong.  :'(

Personally, the closest I get to popular music is Tchaikovsky, so I'm certainly no judge!  :-\

Did I mention, you can listen to all 10 songs at time.com/toptens? 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 12:04:13 pm »
Never heard a none of them. 

me neither.... :-\
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 08:42:01 pm »
Well, I voted for "Rehab", "Delilah", and "Umbrella".

Although, I have to say, my faves were anything by Daughtry, and "Please Don't Stop The Music" by Rihanna.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 09:29:14 pm »
I do believe my list would be different although I voted for "Hey There Delilah", "Rehab", and "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" in that order. And I actually do have the CDs that these three are on. I may be wrong about the Radiohead one, but I have several of their CDs. I think the worst in the list would have to be "I Get It" by 50 Cent. I think it is time for gangsta rap to retire. "1234" is interesting. "Me Llaman Calle" is interesting also since it reminds of a group you would see just performing somewhere in New York City. Rhianna has much better songs than "Umbrella." It is time also to get away from that same sound that Snow Patrol made famous which is what I hear in "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem. There are way too many bands out there doing this same sound and they need to brighten and liven it up a bit. "Potential Break Up Song" sounds like it popped out of another time period. Where's Toni Basil with "Mickey" since this song would be more fitting during that time. Same goes for "Baby Fratelli" which sounds like some kind of really bad attempt at doing a punk rock song.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 12:29:27 pm »
I love "Hey There Delilah"!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI[/youtube]
Time: 4:03

It's so sweet and simple:

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

BTW, there are a couple of funny "Hey There Delilah" parodies on YouTube: especially one called "Hey There Khalilah."

I voted for "Umbrella", too.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:55:36 pm by Fran »

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 12:46:44 pm »
I love "Hey There Delilah"!

That would be my favorite song by far of the ten listed. I agree it is a great song. I made a statement about one of the other songs sounding like it was from a different time period. In some ways "Hey There Delilah" may too, but it seems to me to be more of a song that defies time periods. I think it will last farther into the future than the others.

injest

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 07:54:31 am »
I do believe my list would be different although I voted for "Hey There Delilah", "Rehab", and "Jigsaw Falling Into Place" in that order. And I actually do have the CDs that these three are on. I may be wrong about the Radiohead one, but I have several of their CDs. I think the worst in the list would have to be "I Get It" by 50 Cent. I think it is time for gangsta rap to retire. "1234" is interesting. "Me Llaman Calle" is interesting also since it reminds of a group you would see just performing somewhere in New York City. Rhianna has much better songs than "Umbrella." It is time also to get away from that same sound that Snow Patrol made famous which is what I hear in "All My Friends" by LCD Soundsystem. There are way too many bands out there doing this same sound and they need to brighten and liven it up a bit. "Potential Break Up Song" sounds like it popped out of another time period. Where's Toni Basil with "Mickey" since this song would be more fitting during that time. Same goes for "Baby Fratelli" which sounds like some kind of really bad attempt at doing a punk rock song.

Is "I get it" the one that starts out "What what what don't kill me only makes me stronger"???

*gag*

puleez! I turn off the radio right there....I am so over the whole "I am a victim of the SYSTEM man..."

it gets a little tiresome...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 02:50:56 pm »
Is "I get it" the one that starts out "What what what don't kill me only makes me stronger"???

No, that's "Stronger" by Kanye West.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 04:19:30 pm »
....I am so over the whole "I am a victim of the SYSTEM man..."

it gets a little tiresome...

Me too!!! I have seen some interviews with some of the gangsta rap stars and it is always the same idea. It is this thing about I grew up in the ghetto so now I need to talk about what the system did to me and destroy things more. The thing is that it might be time to do something constructive with the hatred instead of promoting violence, murder, drugs, pimping, and the like. Seeing interviews like that made me just shut down the gangsta rap. Hey these guys are rich now so do something to help, not hurt, the communities you came from. And to make sure I stay on topic here that is the reason the 50 Cent song is not in my top 3. The beginning of "Umbrella" reminds me of that too so I get turned off before Rhianna begins to sing and accordingly it is not in my top 3. And I do like Rhianna!!!

injest

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 04:52:12 pm »
Me too!!! I have seen some interviews with some of the gangsta rap stars and it is always the same idea. It is this thing about I grew up in the ghetto so now I need to talk about what the system did to me and destroy things more. The thing is that it might be time to do something constructive with the hatred instead of promoting violence, murder, drugs, pimping, and the like. Seeing interviews like that made me just shut down the gangsta rap. Hey these guys are rich now so do something to help, not hurt, the communities you came from. And to make sure I stay on topic here that is the reason the 50 Cent song is not in my top 3. The beginning of "Umbrella" reminds me of that too so I get turned off before Rhianna begins to sing and accordingly it is not in my top 3. And I do like Rhianna!!!

I can't handle anything that repeats the same words over and over....and she drives me nuts with the Ella, ella, ella....remember stuck records? I always want to call the radio station and tell them to jiggle the needle...