Author Topic: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI  (Read 52462 times)

rtprod

Re: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006, 06:35:58 pm »
huh? I was talking about myself! You take my breath away, babe! LOL  ;)
Well, I'm pretty short for breath on cam, for sure  ;D

How about, bite my lip for me and I'll consider shutting up!  :o

Oh, sorry, could have sworn you were making allusions but I guess that's just not like you.   Yep, I'm your own personal masked hero.  Wait, that sounds familiar...?

Thanks for the compliment babe...  And I was talking about you, didn't you know?    :-*

Short for breath on the cam, eh, can't say I didn't notice.  It's all that chain (cigarette) smoking you subject yourself to...

rt  ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:45:14 pm by rtprod »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006, 06:38:43 pm »
All I have to say about the overhyped, over conspiracy theoried, "must-see most awaited film of the year" is...

(play me)
    |
    |
   \ /
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:41:10 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

rtprod

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2006, 06:41:54 pm »
All I have to say about the overhyped, over conspiracy theoried, "must-see most awaited film of the year" is...

(play me)
    |
    |
   \ /

Yeah, Phil, for some reason there's a little sadistic pleasure to be had in this belllyflop.    :laugh:

Everyone, play me...too.  lol

rt

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2006, 06:46:36 pm »
Well, although it's a critical bust, it remains to be seen how it'll affect the box office, especially in it's first weekend.  I read somewhere that the book has been selling better than ever, and there's still a lot of anticipation for the film.  It's just too bad that Ron Howard seems to have ruined it.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2006, 06:48:47 pm »
Well, although it's a critical bust, it remains to be seen how it'll affect the box office, especially in it's first weekend.  I read somewhere that the book has been selling better than ever, and there's still a lot of anticipation for the film.  It's just too bad that Ron Howard seems to have ruined it.

Juan

I think despite the critical like or dislike it will open big....lots of people expecting between 80-100 million...

It'll open big because of the controversy and because of Tom Hanks....

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2006, 07:02:00 pm »
Yeah, there were those estimates that it would open bigger than Spiderman or something.  That looks unlikely now with the review, but it will probably still do well it's first weekend.  If I'm bored I will probably see it, but I haven't gone to a Ron Howard movie since I think Apollo 13.  I think.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2006, 07:08:07 pm »
Yeah, there were those estimates that it would open bigger than Spiderman or something.  That looks unlikely now with the review, but it will probably still do well it's first weekend.  If I'm bored I will probably see it, but I haven't gone to a Ron Howard movie since I think Apollo 13.  I think.

Juan

Yep.....bets were 4/1 or something like that saying it would gross 120 million this weekend beating Spidermans 114 million and 2/1 saying that it will gross 100 million...

So the reviews might damper that a little but it will still be big!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2006, 07:14:25 pm »
Oh, sorry, could have sworn you were making allusions but I guess that's just not like you.   Yep, I'm your own personal masked hero.  Wait, that sounds familiar...?

Thanks for the compliment babe...  And I was talking about you, didn't you know?    :-*

Short for breath on the cam, eh, can't say I didn't notice.  It's all that chain (cigarette) smoking you subject yourself to...

rt  ;D

Eye nose who you were talking about!  ;) Smoking? I haven't smoked a cigarette in my life, you know that! Other things, yes, but not a cigarette.  ;D

Everyone, play me...too.  lol

*raises my hand* Oh, I will, I will!!  :o

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2006, 08:50:59 pm »
Watched the news on TV last night about the critics' reactions in Cannes to this film... Apparently they hated it. They laughed at some point when it was NOT meant to be funny. I haven't read the book, didn't want to, but was wondering whether I'd go see it, what with all the hype. So it's overhyped then.
I'll keep my money to go and watch "Transamerica" instead, which has just been released here. AND maybe go back to see "C.R.A.Z.Y", which unfortunately is going to go unnoticed with DA VINCI coming out at the same time.
Da Vinci C overhyped and bad. C.R.A.Z.Y=no hype, and excellent!
Life (or the world of movies) is unfair.
rt, have you seen C.R.A.Z.Y? (Not being released in the States, but still, since you are in the know...)

If you really want to know about the Da Vinci Code mystery, read The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln. It's the book Dan Brown took the idea from (the authors even sued him for plagiarism but lost). It's much better actually, more interesting than Dan Brown's but it's not a novel, it's an investigation they made on the subject. I'm sure you can find it at any library or book store in France. BTW there's a lot about France in that book.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

vkm91941

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2006, 08:58:23 pm »
ROFLOL   :laugh: I think ya'all spent way too much time on that NC-17 thread  :laugh: