Author Topic: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI  (Read 52411 times)

rtprod

Re: OT: It's a BUST guys: DA VINCI
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 01:16:11 pm »
USA Today trashed it this morning with two stars and said they turned the novel into plodding nonsense, with an annoying soundtrack to boot.  They were also not impressed with Tom Hanks in this, and Ron Howard is no longer the golden boy.

Muhahahaha... take it down more pegs.

Yes, how the mighty have been falling these days --- first Cruise's rep takes a beating and his status as worldwide box office king now seems in question, and the glory days behind.  And now Howard and Hanks.  Well, we'll see how the receipts tally up...  

Hoping for a "fell far short" declaration by Sunday evening.  

rt

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 01:21:24 pm »
Yes, how the mighty have been falling these days --- first Cruise's rep takes a beating and his status as worldwide box office king now seems in question, and the glory days behind.  And now Howard and Hanks.  Well, we'll see how the receipts tally up...  

Hoping for a "fell far short" declaration by Sunday evening.  

rt

OT: I think that Tom Cruise's interesting year with the media damaged his celebrity big time.....I personally don't see MI:3 grossing more the Ice Age 2 (190 mil)....which is a little upsetting considering its Tom Cruise...and MI:3 was definetely better then the first two (particularly the second)....again IMO!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2006, 01:28:16 pm »
Why spend twenty bucks on a movie like this when you could use that money to buy a DVD of a quality film you love? 

...Or 60 bucks on three DVD copies of the same quality film you love (so you can have one to lend out, and one as an emergency back-up should the other one fail)?

;)
No more beans!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2006, 01:29:01 pm »
...Or 60 bucks on three DVD copies of the same quality film you love (so you can have one to lend out, and one as an emergency back-up should the other one fail)?

;)

Did anyone else do that with BBM?  LOL

vkm91941

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2006, 02:04:06 pm »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2006, 02:08:01 pm »

rtprod

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2006, 02:32:23 pm »

;)

Barb, have you been sneaking into my (1400+) DVD library?

I have two of that particular title out on loan right now.   ;D

rt

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2006, 02:57:07 pm »
Barb, have you been sneaking into my (1400+) DVD library?

I have two of that particular title out on loan right now.   ;D

Interesting...  I have two of same out on loan right now, myself.  (And I'm gettin' a little tired of waiting for those two boneheads to *finally* watch it - one's had it for a month, and the other for a couple of weeks.)
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2006, 01:02:04 am »
I'm disappointed that you say that, RTP. I really REALLY liked the book. In fact, I've read it 3 times. I was hoping the movie was going to be as great.

On a side note, I love how Brokeback seems like our lover. If we are talking about a movie we really like, it seems the majority of us say "I really liked this movie, I mean it's not as good as Brokeback, but it was good" as if our movie will feel rejected if we happen to like another movie. I might be rambling, I don't know. I'm real tired.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2006, 01:43:31 am »
Just got back from watching 'DaVinci' and it was OK.  Wasn't great cinema, wasn't even very good cinema, but it wasn't a stinker either.

It was slow and overlong, but never got boring.

Acting was good all the way around, but Sir Ian makes everyone else look like a piker.

I did get 'Jesus'd on the way in.  Some theological Christian group was 'god blessing' everyone and handing out pamphlets to anyone going into the theater. 

It wasn't a pray-in or a protest, just a Christian 'presence' I guess.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:45:45 am by delalluvia »