Author Topic: TOTW 02/08: Was Lureen pregnant when she met Jack?  (Read 47239 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: TOTW 02/08: Was Lureen pregnant when she met Jack?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 05:37:54 pm »
When I first read the new question for Topic of the Week.....I thought...."WTF where do they get such stupid ideas from?".....but now after reading the posts here, especially the time line, I can see why its been asked.

Regardless of all the evidence to the contrary, I dont think she was pregnant. There is no way she would have still been riding those horses in the rodeo if she was.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 05:38:38 pm »
If she wasn't pregnant, she certainly would have been after riding Jake bronc in the back of daddy's T-bird that night after the rodeo.  That is, assuming she was ovulating, and his gun went off!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 05:40:15 pm »
One would think so!!

Look at the son!!

Strange in that BM movie!

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 05:54:50 pm »
I question strongly this: Thanksgiving scene: "This is MY house and this is MY child." Jack reasserts his paternity. L.D. backs down quickly --  because they've all agreed to uphold, tacitly or openly, the story that Jack IS the father.

Because Laureen did not likely tell Jack the player or lover, or later on metion to her husband, still Jack, that this child was not his (from his boys driving for fun, may I say)!! ??

Hugs!!

moremojo

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 06:10:24 pm »
Because Laureen did not likely tell Jack the player or lover, or later on metion to her husband, still Jack, that this child was not his (from his boys driving for fun, may I say)!! ??
This is a further possibility that Jack may not have been the father while truly believing that he was. An intentional discrepancy with the timeline would complicate this approach, assuming that Jack was as cognizant as anyone of the normal nine-months gestation period.

Certainly, Jack was Bobby's legal father, and bequeathed the Twist name to him. So from this standpoint, Jack could be just as adamant as any biological or adoptive parent would have been in asserting his childrearing rights to L.D.

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 06:37:13 pm »
Or here is a possibility, Ennis has just damn near given Jack an orgasm at the foot of the stairs, perhaps his mind was just a bit cloudy when Ennis introduces him to Alma, and he inadvertently said his son was eight months old, when if fact he was less than 8 months old.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 06:44:20 pm »
Or here is a possibility, Ennis has just damn near given Jack an orgasm at the foot of the stairs, perhaps his mind was just a bit cloudy when Ennis introduces him to Alma, and he inadvertently said his son was eight months old, when if fact he was less than 8 months old.

Good point...lol......and lets face it, after that godam reunion kiss, who gave a flying f*** how old his kid was..........

Offline Artiste

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 07:18:45 pm »
Thanks moremojo, thanks huntingbuddy, thanks Katie77!!!

Well said moremojo!!

Did you and others ever think that Lureen's child is not the same at all as Jack?? In the BM movie, that is.

Hugs!!!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »
Did you and others ever think that Lureen's child is not the same at all as Jack?? In the BM movie, that is.

oh for gods sake!!!!!.....it was a movie.......with actors....... ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »
I'll probably get off topic here, but I saw Bobby as a child that was spoiled from day one by Grandpa and Grandma Newsom.  He probably had any toys and such he wanted with LD's money, and I always assumed Bobby was their first and ONLY grandchild.  I think the Thanksgiving scene at the Twist home, was to show the viewers just how pissed Jack had become with the whole situation of his father-in-law spoiling the child.  Jack took control of the situation and let LD have it that day.  The comment  LD made that "boys should watch football" was particularly irritating to Jack.  I'm not sure if he said that to question Jack's masculinity, or to just be an asshole and try to run the family Thanksgiving show; but Jack told him how it was, and I was proud of how he did it.