Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 72354 times)

Offline SamChez

• Don't Say Much
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 09:32:05 pm »
For some inexplicable reason this makes me feel good!
Me 2.  I've been beside myself worring about Jake.  So glad he found the strength to make it to Perth.  I pray he finds closure - I pray we all do.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 02:47:13 am »
Me 2.  I've been beside myself worring about Jake.  So glad he found the strength to make it to Perth.  I pray he finds closure - I pray we all do.

Do we have to?  Because I'm not ready yet....  :(

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 05:25:30 am »
Jake is not taking Heath's passing well.  Here's a recent article:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272618762.shtml#sharethis

Jake Gyllenhaal Leaning On Reese Witherspoon, Sister For Loss of Heath Ledger
By Brenda Jones
Feb 8, 2008

Jake Gyllenhaal is struggling mightily with the shock and is desperately leaning on his girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, to help him cope with the grief he feels over his late pal Heath Ledger, sources tell OK! Magazine.  A pal of Jake tells OK! that Reese has been crucial in getting the Brokeback Mountain star through this terrible time. 

"Jake calls Reese every night," the friend confides.  "He told her he’s having a hard time facing something as big as this." Jake’s first call when he heard about the loss of Heath was to his older sister, Maggie, the report claims.

A Gyllenhaal family insider says Maggie, 30, is trying her best to be there for her 27-year-old brother.  After she spoke to him on the phone, the insider says, “Maggie must have been concerned for Jake.  I heard he sounded groggy, like he was in a daze.  He was mumbling about Heath being gone, his voice was shaky and he was choking back tears during the conversation.  I’m sure Maggie could hear the hurt in Jake’s voice.”

Jake, who is godfather to Heath’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, with Michelle Williams, feels guilty for not being there for his Aussie buddy.  “I bet Maggie’s worried about her brother beating himself up and wishing he had known how bad things were,” says the friend.  “There is only so much a person can do.”

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 05:31:51 am »
Jake is not taking Heath's passing well.  Here's a recent article:

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272618762.shtml#sharethis

By Brenda Jones
Feb 8, 2008

Jake Gyllenhaal is struggling mightily with the shock and is desperately leaning on his girlfriend, Reese Witherspoon, to help him cope with the grief he feels over his late pal Heath Ledger, sources tell OK! Magazine.  A pal of Jake tells OK! that Reese has been crucial in getting the Brokeback Mountain star through this terrible time. 

"Jake calls Reese every night," the friend confides.  "He told her he’s having a hard time facing something as big as this." Jake’s first call when he heard about the loss of Heath was to his older sister, Maggie, the report claims.

A Gyllenhaal family insider says Maggie, 30, is trying her best to be there for her 27-year-old brother.  After she spoke to him on the phone, the insider says, “Maggie must have been concerned for Jake.  I heard he sounded groggy, like he was in a daze.  He was mumbling about Heath being gone, his voice was shaky and he was choking back tears during the conversation.  I’m sure Maggie could hear the hurt in Jake’s voice.”

Jake, who is godfather to Heath’s 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, with Michelle Williams, feels guilty for not being there for his Aussie buddy.  “I bet Maggie’s worried about her brother beating himself up and wishing he had known how bad things were,” says the friend.  “There is only so much a person can do.”

Oh bless his heart. I could just hug him.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 06:24:43 am »
With all due respect (ie. I certainly don't mean any criticism for posting articles here that are available on the net!) - but I think that report sounds like total fanfic.

Seems to me there would be no way on knowing that stuff unless Reese Witherspoon and Maggie Gyllenhaal went around blabbering to sundry acquaintances /"friends" about Jake's emotions and their intimate conversations with him. These ladies are good at keeping their goings-on private in everyday life, they'd be doubly so at this time and if things really were as bad with Jake as this story says. I think it's totally fabricated. May incidentally hit on the truth, for all we know, but... no.

The fact is that we don't know the first thing about what Jake has been up to. There was an early newspaper report he'd arrived in Australia, but no images and he's not been mentioned in any further reports as being present at the gatherings that took place today. I don't think he's really there. Whatever he's doing he's keeping his own counsel and just staying completely out of the media spotlight. Good for him. I hope whatever is going on, he's doing OK.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 06:36:31 am »
You don,t think Jake is really there? With all due respect Mikaela I really don,t think Jake would miss attending the funeral of his best friend do you? Maybe there have been no pictures of him because he,s requested that the police keep the media well away from him. If that report was true and he sounded groggy, my guess is he was probably blind drunk, and who could blame him? Poor Jake. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:54 am »
You don,t think Jake is really there? With all due respect Mikaela I really don,t think Jake would miss attending the funeral of his best friend do you? Maybe there have been no pictures of him because he,s requested that the police keep the media well away from him. If that report was true and he sounded groggy, my guess is he was probablu blind drunk, and who could blame him? Poor Jake. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

although Noone else was granted this - not Michelle or the family or his apparently current at the time Gemma Ward.

Who knows...
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 06:44:39 am »
although Noone else was granted this - not Michelle or the family or his apparently current at the time Gemma Ward.

Who knows...

Not that I know anything, but it's hard for me to believe that there was much depth to the Gemma Ward relationship.  But who knows.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2008, 06:46:33 am »

Who knows...

Aye Kelda, your right, I,m just thinking out loud really. This is just all so bloody awful. Whatever Jake is doing, I,ll send him a big hug anyway. I reckon he could do with one. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((Jake))))))))))))))))))))))))))))).  
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

yb

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 06:52:33 am »

Not that I know anything, but it's hard for me to believe that there was much depth to the Gemma Ward relationship. 

I agree with this.

As for Jake, I have to doubt the report that he had arrived in Australia.  If he was there, I don't think he would have been able to escape the cameras.