Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 72616 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2008, 05:28:12 pm »

I think of all the things that i have seen.  That play in the water was the best of
all.  I think he would have liked that.  Very much.    :(

Beautiful mind

mvansand76

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:59 pm »

I think of all the things that i have seen.  That play in the water was the best of
all.  I think he would have liked that.  Very much.    :(

I am very sure he would have, Janice.... *hug*

That looked like such a balm for the soul and release from sadness....

Very well-said, Mikaela. It felt like that even from looking at the pics....

:-*

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
 :) Yes, don't you wish you could have been there? I know I do....

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 07:43:05 pm »

This article specifically mentions Jake being 'noticeably absent' and that he is 'in seclusion since the death of his mate.'

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23189271-10388,00.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 07:54:10 pm »
Poor lamb.   :'(

For what it's worth, Jake, there are a whole bunch of people whom you've never even met who love you and hope you're getting through it all okay, too.

I thought of all of them yesterday saying their final good-byes.  Such a hard, hard day for all of them.  It's still so heartbreaking.
No more beans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 07:55:04 pm »

This article specifically mentions Jake being 'noticeably absent' and that he is 'in seclusion since the death of his mate.'

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23189271-10388,00.html

>:( :( :( ???  I don't know why I'm so fixated on this situation with Jake, but it's seeming more and more distressing to me.  I think this has a lot to do with personal ideas and reactions to grief.  But, I simply can't imagine missing a good friend's/ a best friend's funeral or memorial service.  I really like Cate Blanchett and it's great that she was so involved.  But, it just seems like such a huge omission to not have Jake there and actually playing a rather large role in the memorial.  I guess I just don't get it.

:(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 08:07:59 pm »
Have you seen the reports that Kirsten Dunst has just checked herself into a rehab facility - news keep claiming that what happened to Heath finally made her realize she needed help. Don't know the veracity of that, maybe it's just gossip, but...  I know it's years since she and Jake broke up, but one thing and the other - I'm sure it's pretty tough on him. But at least he's got a loving family who can take care of him.

I do think it's strange that he's been so noticably absent though.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 08:11:40 pm »
Well, we know that the production had to be halted on his current film because he was too distraught.  That's not the MO for our usually impeccably professional Jake - Jake who has never been fired from any job he's ever had and who is understandably quite proud of that.  I think his poor heart has been broken in two, and he's having a much more difficult time dealing with that than perhaps anyone would have suspected.  I'm glad he's with a grown-up woman who can help him through it and that he's not dealing with it alone.  But I'm worried for him, in a startlingly maternal way.

No more beans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 08:20:01 pm »
ednbarby, I think what you say here is very perceptive.  I do think the fact that Brothers has been halted (does anyone know if this is still actually the case?... I know it was reported a while back.) combined with the apparent lack of any public appearance or public statement (at any of the memorial services either in Hollywood or Australia) are striking.  If he was thinking purely in terms of PR and Hollywood-image, maybe he would have come out and had some kind of eloquent statement issued on the situation.  The fact that he's just sort of missing in action is very worrisome and to me sort of indicates that something is going on.  I'm still stuck on the idea that he (apparently) missed this recent big memorial service.  I just can't imagine missing something like that if one of my best friends passed away.  Especially if I was a godparent to that person's child.  Again, I just don't get it.
:(

How are Gyllenhaalics (beyond the realms of BBM forums) reacting to all of this?  Do we know?

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2008, 08:27:06 pm »
I took a little peruse of fan sites for Jake and none of them have any up to date news on them.  We are not the only Brokeback fans wondering what happened to Jake, however.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”