Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain back in theatres  (Read 31296 times)

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Brokeback Mountain back in theatres
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 01:25:55 pm »
Janice, I totally agree.  Whilst we will never forget Heath, I want everyone in the world to remember how amazing he was. 

I never had the joy of seeing BBM on the big screen and I have been checking out my local cinemas who aren't showing it.  Hopefully, they will soon. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 03:04:23 pm »
Janice, I totally agree.  Whilst we will never forget Heath, I want everyone in the world to remember how amazing he was. 

I never had the joy of seeing BBM on the big screen and I have been checking out my local cinemas who aren't showing it.  Hopefully, they will soon. 

Sandy, funny - i was just thinking - I'd love to see this on the big screen again and then Sandy could come with me! And I also just checked the GFT etc, nothing.. I did email to ask if they were thinking of showing it.

The picturehouse in St Andrews is showing it on Wednesday at 11pm according to S1.com .... its only a three hours drive.....  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 04:33:48 pm »
Well after I replied to Chrissi's post, I asked myself whether I would go to see it in the cinema if it had been on screen here currently. I think I would...

Fabienne, I've just checked the Brussels theatre website (www.cinebel.be) and it is shown in the cinema STYX!! It's on every night at 7pm until Thursday for sure. I am NOT sure I'd want to see it right now, to be honest... but if you feel like it, we could go together. However, I should warn you, the screen in that cinema is tiny(!) and it's shown in English with Dutch and French subtitles - who 'eat' a lot of screen... It may be, that watching the DVD was the better option..

I'd be available Sunday or Tuesday..

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 04:49:14 pm »
Fabienne, I've just checked the Brussels theatre website (www.cinebel.be) and it is shown in the cinema STYX!! It's on every night at 7pm until Thursday for sure. I am NOT sure I'd want to see it right now, to be honest... but if you feel like it, we could go together. However, I should warn you, the screen in that cinema is tiny(!) and it's shown in English with Dutch and French subtitles - who 'eat' a lot of screen... It may be, that watching the DVD was the better option..

I'd be available Sunday or Tuesday..

j.U.d.E.

Hey Jude, I'll send you a pm.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 05:09:57 pm »
I agree that overall it would be good if theaters showed BBM now and more people would get the chance to see it, now that there is interest in it and Heath.

I happended to check the web site of the county library system for San Mateo County, which is just south and next to San Francisco.  I wanted to see if they had a dvd of "New Kelly," since I have never seen it and would like to. (They do, although the San Francisco Libarary Ststem does not.) 

While I was there, I checked and saw that of the 40 copies of the BBM dvd that they have, all but 3 are currently checked out!

Pete   
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 05:28:29 pm »
While I was there, I checked and saw that of the 40 copies of the BBM dvd that they have, all but 3 are currently checked out!

Pete   
Which is good, of course!! But also kind of horrible... It's like - hurry, we have to see that film with the dead actor now..

Sorry, it was just the first thing I felt, when I read your post Pete.

Of course, the more people see BBM, the better!!

j.U.d.E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 05:29:06 pm »
Hey Jude, I'll send you a pm.  :)
And I have sent you one back!  :)

j.U.d.E.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 05:37:47 pm »
Interest on BBM on IMDB.com is up by 3,977% on their moviemeter.  It's skyrocketed in popularity.  Yep, couldn't find anything on Heath at library or Blockbuster. Even Casanova was checked out and it's always there.
I will have to reconnect with Netflix one of these days. 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:45 pm »
Interest on BBM on IMDB.com is up by 3,977% on their moviemeter.

I'd never seen the moviemeter before, so you inspired me to look it up. I'm still not entirely sure what it is, but BBM is in the top 10. And on their starmeter (again, whatever that is), Heath is #1 and Michelle is #2.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:30 pm »
I'd never seen the moviemeter before, so you inspired me to look it up. I'm still not entirely sure what it is, but BBM is in the top 10. And on their starmeter (again, whatever that is), Heath is #1 and Michelle is #2.

I'm glad that Heath's movies are getting attention.

But, damn, I wish it could be for some other reason.  :(
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.