Author Topic: Heath Ledger Film Festival - Saturday Events  (Read 39352 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger Film Festival - Saturday Events
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2008, 05:40:13 pm »
I've been having my own mini film festival of late.  Watching some of Heath's previous movies in chronological order, to work up to the Dark Knight. 

It is so interesting to see him so young in movies like Four Feathers...  The Order is next on my list (which I realize hardly anyone liked)... Then Brokeback (which I am excited to watch again, as I haven't watched it in since shortly after Heath's death)... I am also sort of doing this to work up to Candy.  Which I have had on my DVR for ages but haven't been able to bring myself to watch yet.  I really want it watched prior to the Dark Knight, however...

Just thought I'd share...

;)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline optom3

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2008, 03:11:35 pm »
I've been having my own mini film festival of late.  Watching some of Heath's previous movies in chronological order, to work up to the Dark Knight. 

It is so interesting to see him so young in movies like Four Feathers...  The Order is next on my list (which I realize hardly anyone liked)... Then Brokeback (which I am excited to watch again, as I haven't watched it in since shortly after Heath's death)... I am also sort of doing this to work up to Candy.  Which I have had on my DVR for ages but haven't been able to bring myself to watch yet.  I really want it watched prior to the Dark Knight, however...

Just thought I'd share...

;)

I have been doing the very same thing. Candy is a really harrowing film.There are some lighter moments but they are few. Heath's performance is incredible, IMO. He does not go OTT as a heroin addict,it is a slow inexorable slide.
It is also lovely to hear his own accent. It is nt however for the faint of heart.I had a couple of drinks to get me through it.Than very quickly watched AKT completely out of order, but just to introduce some levity.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2008, 09:48:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice...

I watched The Order today.  It was such an .......  odd (?) film.....  Really, I didn't think it was too bad until towards the end, and then I was sort of like "you've got to be kidding me" in terms of the plot...  I would have predicted a stronger response from Alex...

It was definitely an adult-Heath movie, not a young-Heath film.  And it was of course great seeing him and hearing his voice/narration briefly... So, in a sense, I really actually liked the movie.  And because of that, well, I did spend some time thinking about the film/plot, etc.  I am pretty sure, however, I would've hated it if it had been anyone other than Heath as Alex.  It is interesting to me that it had three actors from A Knight's Tale in it (Heath, Mark Addy, and Shannyn Sossamon) - not sure if by design or coincidence.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."