Author Topic: Heath Ledger's Accidental Overdose - Discussion Thread (Was: Breaking News)  (Read 85138 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: BREAKING NEWS: HEATH LEDGER FINAL AUTOPSY RESULTS
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2008, 04:27:44 pm »
You have to hold the abuser responsible. Also the Abusers Loved ones. This is why Brittney Spears was committed because an abuser has no clue of what they are doing.

Did I miss something? I don't know that we know he did this habitually, or for what length of time he may have been taking these medications.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2008, 04:31:55 pm »
Americans are increasingly finding it normal to have a medicine cabinet with a half dozen drugs in it.  And for "stress/anxiety," I've seen people who have been on up to 10 different kinds of them, with the leftovers still sitting on the shelf.

I know. Last time I went home I was surprised at the amount of friends of mine who are now taking antidepressants for this or that. I don't know if they really need it but from what they told me some of their problems were just stupid and silly. When I feel down, I go running or swimming or take a walk. But that's me.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2008, 04:32:47 pm »
Ya Think? Well lets see. who do you think put the pills in his mouth and who swallowed them?

Ross thats an awful thing to say. I agree with Ed. Bickering about wether or not he took them all at once, or not really doesn,t matter any more does it? We will never know what went on because we wern,t there. The way that you worded that almost makes it, sound as if you think it,s his own fault.  For heavens sake the  poor guy isn,t even buried yet. Let,s show some respect eh?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2008, 04:33:08 pm »
I don't think there is a parallel between Britney Spears and Heath.  Britney was a chronic meth user and has indulged in repeated public bizarre behavior due to acute psychiatric problems that were played out in front of the media.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

mvansand76

« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2008, 04:33:53 pm »
You have to hold the abuser responsible. Also the Abusers Loved ones. This is why Brittney Spears was committed because an abuser has no clue of what they are doing. They just want to get high on what ever they have at hand. When someone like Heath is on set he has access to the company Dr that will perscribe meds for the talent. When you are on multiple movies there are multiple Dr's and that means multiple drugs.  This added to maybe his regular Dr's perscriptions can equal a deadly cocktail. The abuser is responsible for his own actions no one else. This is why Brittney Spears had to be committed. It's to bad Heath didn't have people in his inner circle that cared more about him.

This speculating is exactly what made me so intensely sick in the past two weeks, RossInIllinois. Please would you take it somewhere else? Maybe one of the tabloids would be interested in your speculations.

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2008, 04:40:19 pm »
I know I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is out of line...

But an ad was put in the Australian paper from "the men and women of Bettermost.net." There is every possibility Heath's family and friends may come to this site. Do we really want them to read that he was a drug abuser, and that he and they are equally responsible for his death because they didn't care enough about him?

Please. Think of what you're saying, and who might read it. This is the last thing they need.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2008, 04:42:36 pm »

But an ad was put in the Australian paper from "the men and women of Bettermost.net." There is every possibility Heath's family and friends may come to this site. Do we really want them to read that he was a drug abuser, and that he and they are equally responsible for his death because they didn't care enough about him?

Please. Think of what you're saying, and who might read it. This is the last thing they need.

Thank you, Verona.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2008, 04:43:22 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking, thank you Verona...

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:09 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking, thank you Verona...

Yes me too. Night all, see you all tomorow.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))))))))))
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2008, 04:45:51 pm »
I am going to whip out some very high level, technical medical jargon here in the hopes that we can just stop all this speculation and hurtful discussion and move ahead.

It was an adverse drug event (ADE) with the tragic consequence that Heath died. That's it. No finger pointing, no blame.

Leslie, RN
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!