Author Topic: Heath Ledger's Accidental Overdose - Discussion Thread (Was: Breaking News)  (Read 85433 times)

injest

Re: BREAKING NEWS: HEATH LEDGER FINAL AUTOPSY RESULTS
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2008, 12:17:11 am »
Three of them were from England.

As for Glenn Beck and the others, it's pure, unadulterated homophobia. They would NOT be reacting this way had Heath not been in BBM. Funny, they didn't treat Rush like this... and he WAS an addict buying drugs on the black market!

Verona!! you stop that! Rush is a Conservative!! you know they don't do bad things!!! and besides...GAWD has forgiven him!

and besides...CLINTON!!

(when you are Rush and anyone questions you all you have to do is say the "c" word and all is forgotten)

;) ;) ;)

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2008, 12:21:11 am »
Verona!! you stop that! Rush is a Conservative!! you know they don't do bad things!!! and besides...GAWD has forgiven him!

and besides...CLINTON!!

(when you are Rush and anyone questions you all you have to do is say the "c" word and all is forgotten)

;) ;) ;)
You're a girl after my own heart!  :-*

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2008, 12:24:37 am »
As for Glenn Beck and the others, it's pure, unadulterated homophobia. They would NOT be reacting this way had Heath not been in BBM. Funny, they didn't treat Rush like this... and he WAS an addict buying drugs on the black market!

Before I forget, let me tell you I am thrilled to see you as a part of our community, Verona.  You've already blasted past the 100 message mark!

Beck is too crazy to be dwelling on homophobia.  He's an also-ran to the usual conservative commentators, late to the game and usually just ripping others off.  He thinks he's funny, but the universal truth about a lot of humor from these people is that it's never funny and it's usually about death.  John Gibson definitely was going after Heath for his BBM role, but 50 years from now people will still remember Heath Ledger and nobody will remember John Gibson.

As far as the pill popping Rush, he didn't buy the drugs himself, he forced his maid to take a cigar box stuffed with cash to some seedy West Palm Beach street corner to do the deal for him.  I have nothing bad to say about Rush for falling into the trap of prescription drug addiction - it happens to a lot of people.  I fault him for his rank hypocracy on demanding the condemnation and jail of everyone excluding himself and his ideological soulmates who end up caught in these kinds of "moral scandals."
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:15 am »
Before I forget, let me tell you I am thrilled to see you as a part of our community, Verona.  You've already blasted past the 100 message mark!

Um, thanks for pointing that out... LOL But seriously, thanks for the welcome. I'm thrilled to be here!

That was my problem with Rush too. Always pontificating that drug addicts should go to prison, but when it's him or his buddies... suddenly it's a different story.

Glenn Beck is just sick. He's no Michael Savage, but he's sick.

mvansand76

« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2008, 06:22:05 am »
I think most adults have several medical practitioners, don't they? Geez, my oral surgeon gave me Vicodin. My regular doctor had no idea, and I never gave it a second thought. Don't people get that? At that exact time, you would have found Vicodin, Effexor, antibiotics and my anti-seizure drugs in my medicine cabinet, prescribed by four different doctors, none of whom knew the other had prescribed the drugs. And there was absolutely nothing sinister going on... one was from my dentist, one from my oral surgeon, one from a neurologist, and one from my regular doctor. Happens all the time. Who knows how that would have looked if I'd died?

I think that's what's good about the Dutch system. Here, the GP/family doctor is the ONLY doctor who can prescribe medicines. So if a neurologist says that I should take codeine, I take that advice to my GP and ask him if I can take this (taking in mind the other medicines I am taking). We also never get more than 30 and no refills.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #195 on: February 07, 2008, 06:27:44 am »
Experts said the combination of sedatives and the other medicines likely combined to suppress his brain function and his breathing.

That's what I figured. Your brain needs to tell your lungs to breathe... if you're numbing out those signals, and your respiratory system is also being suppressed...

:-\

So he just fell asleep and never woke up.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Heath Ledger's Accidental Overdose - Discussion Thread (Was: Breaking News)
« Reply #196 on: February 07, 2008, 06:58:18 am »
I just found this on google news, so apologies if it,s already been posted. There is a beautiful picture of Heath too.  :'( :'( :'(
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/02/07/2008-02-07_rx_drug_cocktail_accident_killed_heath_l-1.html

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #197 on: February 07, 2008, 07:29:51 am »
I just found this on google news, so apologies if it,s already been posted. There is a beautiful picture of Heath too.  :'( :'( :'(
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/02/07/2008-02-07_rx_drug_cocktail_accident_killed_heath_l-1.html

Thank you, Souxi. The message from Heath's family (to the right) was nice to read also. Not from my own experience, but from family and friends -- I know that losing a child is the hardest thing anyone can go through. That was nice of them to let us know that they'd spent that wonderful 2 weeks with Heath during Christmas.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2008, 09:03:36 am »

That was a lovely pic of Heath, Souxi.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2008, 09:47:11 am »
Not exactly news here, but Jonathan Dienst was on the Today show this morning. He talked about the combination of drugs bringing on respiratory failure. He also mentioned that federal authorities are looking into how Heath got so many different medications.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.