Author Topic: As Easter nears, no Easter in Annie's story or the BM movie?? But??  (Read 41710 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: As Easter nears, no Easter in Annie's story or the BM movie?? But??
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2008, 10:46:41 pm »
Because he wanted to prove to the world that he was a potent man, and the visible proof of that is children.

exactly correct! you cut right to the heart of it!  :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2008, 10:48:29 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!

I was just puzzled by your word: potent!! I did think immediately: Why not just sex with Alma, his wife!!
And then, re-seing your words associated with: children!! So, I remember now that Ennis loved his children!!
So, you are right!!

So, that is Ennis Easter gift: life: children!! ??
Au revoir,
hugs!

yes, if one wished to look only at the most positive interpretation of those passages in the ss or those scenes in the film. however, I think that if you probe deeper you will find other darker meanings.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2008, 10:59:06 pm »
Thanks to you two!!

Is children Ennis' Easter ?

Even if Ennis is gay or bi, he is OK with me for having children, and too having been married!

Brokeplex, is that your  darker meaning?

You lost me!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2008, 11:00:38 pm »
Thanks to you two!!

Is children Ennis' Easter ?

Even if Ennis is gay or bi, he is OK with me for having children, and too having been married!

Brokeplex, is that your  darker meaning?

You lost me!

Au revoir,
hugs!

the "darker" meaning is stated in Front Ranger's post, which I agree with.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2008, 11:05:33 pm »
Brokeplex:
I re-read Front-Ranger and yours, and I am still LOST !!

What darker meaning??

Having kids is a dark thing to do?

Not in my book! Is that it?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2008, 11:11:50 pm »
"Because he wanted to prove to the world that he was a potent man, and the visible proof of that is children". from Front Ranger

it is a 'darker motive' because Ennis is using procreation as a shield to protect him from visibility as a gay man. he is fundamentally using Alma for ulterior reasons, while Alma is in love with Ennis. that is a very dark situation Artiste.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2008, 11:31:05 pm »
Toward the end of the movie, not the story, Ennis came to appreciate and take comfort in his children and to feel the "reassurance of life's continuance." But he also felt the pain of the loss of his life's love, Jack, and suffered because he was alone while his children "had it all before them, and nothing was wrong."

Another darker side of the story is that, while Jack and Ennis were on Brokeback Mountain, time didn't exist. They had their own garden of Eden. But when Aguirre interfered and told them what roles they were to play, they accepted his judgement. Also, when the sheep got tangled up they endeavored to straighten them out according to the rules, thinking "what if we have to work for him again?" When Aguirre ordered the sheep to be brought down from the mountain, Ennis acquiesced, even though he felt that he was in a "slow-motion but headlong, irreversible fall," a fall from grace. He rejected Jack and walked away from their life together, even though his gut told him not to. Time began for them then, and they could never go back to Brokeback.

This echoes the story of creation, a story that begins before recorded time. Time began when the egg of the universe shatters and time begins. The egg is the same as the oeuvre, or oestre, which became Easter. When the egg falls into time, the physical universe materializes. This ancient concept is echoed in many stories and religions, but I'll just repeat one that seems appropriate for today:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All of the king's horses and all of the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2008, 11:39:28 pm »
Wow, brokeplex makes me ponder!

And you too Front-Ranger!

Then you made me laugh hard with surprising me with:

Humpty Dumpty story!! ... so much so that I could NOT spell his names!!

I must sit on the throne and think like the statue of what you both say!!

À demain... will answer tomorrow!

Hugs, hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2008, 11:45:17 pm »
Toward the end of the movie, not the story, Ennis came to appreciate and take comfort in his children and to feel the "reassurance of life's continuance." But he also felt the pain of the loss of his life's love, Jack, and suffered because he was alone while his children "had it all before them, and nothing was wrong."

Another darker side of the story is that, while Jack and Ennis were on Brokeback Mountain, time didn't exist. They had their own garden of Eden. But when Aguirre interfered and told them what roles they were to play, they accepted his judgement. Also, when the sheep got tangled up they endeavored to straighten them out according to the rules, thinking "what if we have to work for him again?" When Aguirre ordered the sheep to be brought down from the mountain, Ennis acquiesced, even though he felt that he was in a "slow-motion but headlong, irreversible fall," a fall from grace. He rejected Jack and walked away from their life together, even though his gut told him not to. Time began for them then, and they could never go back to Brokeback.

This echoes the story of creation, a story that begins before recorded time. Time began when the egg of the universe shatters and time begins. The egg is the same as the oeuvre, or oestre, which became Easter. When the egg falls into time, the physical universe materializes. This ancient concept is echoed in many stories and religions, but I'll just repeat one that seems appropriate for today:

excellent post. I think it is correct that time stood still for the boys while they were in their own private Arcadia, I can see the watch given to Ennis by Aguirre stopping temporarily. Aguirre returned to the scene, and metaphorically he started up the watch again. Aguirre always in control of the watch. 

Offline Artiste

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2008, 06:31:09 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!

You say:

Front-Ranger, brokeplex and to all too:
Please say more about the Humpty Dumpty story.
I do not think that get it yet!

Did Ennis became fat because he had a wife, some children, plus Jack (on the side)??

Ennis did fall... because he let Jack go once both (Ennis and Jack) came down from the Brokeback Mountain heaven?

And, again, Ennis, keeps falling because his wife saw him kissing a man (Jack)? She (Alma his wife) gets rid of her husband, divorsing him!!

Etc,?

Au revoir,
hugs! Note: I think that I get that Easter egg thing, but isn't that a myth like paradise in the bible is since its associated with sin as a result of loving oneself and another person??