Author Topic: Love Scene  (Read 22020 times)

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Love Scene
« on: August 23, 2008, 11:36:37 pm »
Forgive me if this was originally posted. Please don't attack me. :(

What were you're thoughts when you first seen the first tent/sex scene? And after?

For me, before I go on to the subject, 2 years ago when I first seen the movie on HBO when I was 16, the movie blown me away and I was crying. Somehow even way before I'd seen it and was an obsessed Brokie freak, I knew it would be a unique and wonderful film.

Now, my first thoughts on when I first seen the love scene between Ennis and Jack in the tent were like,"What the hell? That looks wierd. Damn, that should hurt." I was a bit freaked out at first but then as time went on, I'd gotten use to it and just like any other female Brokie, the scene turned me on big time. The scene was played out well and it's definetly every woman's fantasy. Both Heath and Jake did a very good job in that scene and I know it took a lot of time, effort, preparation, discussion, and bravery to do it. Especially since both of them are sexy. But, the whole point of the scene was to show how the huge, introverted emotions and passion had finally unleashed for both of them in that scene.

How about y'all?
Feel free to discuss. ;)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Love Scene
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 03:36:06 am »
I too, must have known that BBM was gonna be a movie that I would never forget. There are lots of movies I see the trailers for and think, "Oh I must go and see that", but never do, but with BBM I watched the local papers every day waiitng for the movie to come to my town, and was there on the first day it screened.

I had never read the book, nor read anything on the net about it, just a couple of film reviews in the paper, so I was not familiar with the story, all I knew was that it was a "love story between two cowboys".
I actually thought the "cowboys" were gonna be cowboys from the old wild west, so my first surprise in the movie was that it was set in 1963.

As the movie started, then progressed I kept thinking "when are they gonna fall in love, its gotta happen soon", so the beginning of the movie at that first viewing seemed a bit slow and drawn out as it got to the time when Ennis and Jack committed to what was happening to them both.

Never in my wildest thoughts did I think the initial "love scene" be what it was. I was a little embarrassed, and wondered if it was necessary to show so much detail, and my comments afterwards were that "the movie was fantastic, but they probably could have left out the sexual love scene, maybe just flap the tent or something a little bit more discreet".

Even at my second viewing a few days later, and accompanied by someone different to who I saw it the first time, I was still a little uneasy when I knew it was coming up, and wondered how my friend would react to it.

By the third viewing, another week later, the uneasiness had gone, and I was more relaxed about it, even looked forward to when it was coming up, and probably watched it more closely than I had previously, and finally found it pleasant, even exciting to a point.

More and more viewings only extended the excitement of the scene, more understanding of it, feeling the pure animalistic lust that the boys were feeling, and the realization of the importance of it to the rest of the movie. Without it, maybe we would all be stll wondering how and if it happened.

Just to enlighten you as to what an initiation it was for me, at the time I was 54 yrs old, and that was the first time ever, that I had ever seen a gay sexual act. I had never even seeen it in a still picture, let alone in a movie. Of course I knew that that was the way gay men made love, but I had never seen a visual of it.

Now it damwell turns me on a little, but not as much as TS2, but thats just the female hormones, more receptive to the romantic and gentle side of love making.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:02:30 pm »
Katie, you surprise me well: your post is so clear and phrased!!

I admire it!

And I love you thread          Gabreya          !

Will post later... since I want to re-read your posts !!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 05:07:59 pm »
I had read the book first and was curious to know how the sex would be handled. I was however more concerned as to if and when I would cry.
I had sobbed buckets reading the story.In the end the first time I saw the film was at home on DVD.
For me that turned out to be a wise move. I found the sex scene a big turn on, which I had expected, as it has always been a fantasy of mine. TS2 I fell in love with immediatey, ditto the reunion kiss and motel scene.
Having read the book I assumed I was reasonably prepared for my reactions. I could not have been me wrong. The scene at the Twist house and then
 Ennis's trailer didn't just have me crying I was sobbing uncontrolably.
I don't think I have ever cried like that in my life.I would have died if it had happened at the movie theater.
The story had been given to me by someone very special who was hoping I would read it and see sense.I didn't. Consequently seeing Ennis, who was in effect me, throwing it all away, was too much to bear.
I have no idea why, as a heterosexual woman I find 2 men having sex such a turn on, but I do and have done for as long as I can remember.
Sometimes I just stop the movie there, to avoid the sobbing later on.Sometimes I get as far as the motel scene.I very rarely get to the end.I watched the whole film last week and as per normal just crumbled at the end.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:10:54 pm »
Thanks, Katie, Artiste, and optom. You guys are great and I agree about the emotion of this movie. It had me crying a bunch of times and I'm a very sensitive girl.

The love scene between the two of them was a huge turn on EVERYTIME I see it. Of course. I was a bit shocked, startled, and uncomfortable at first, too. But, when I'd seen the second to third to fourth etc. times, I became used to it and really loved the scene. It would always 'GET' to me, even no matter how hard I try not to let it arouse me. Doesn't work. :laugh: It was to make us the audience see where their passions began physically. The sexual tension had finally broke when Jack had first put Ennis's hand on him. The way I see it, he WANTED Ennis's touch badly. He was emotionally, mentally, and sexually attracted to him. He wanted to send a message to him that he was in love with him and that he was highly sexually pining for him that he couldn't take it anymore. And Ennis was a virgin at the time so he didn't know how to react to it. Jack on the other, it was a bit unclear if he was a virgin or not but he definetly felt comfortable and hungrily ready to feel what it's like to make love to Ennis or the other way around. ;D
Plus, I think the scene was also a hidden meaning that Ennis and Jack in a way were telling eachother that they each are gay and they're sexually attracted to eachother by their actions(i.e. the hand on the crotch under the blanket, the holding eachother faces, the increasing breathing between them before and during, etc.).

And I agree with you about the Second Tent Scene. I find that scene very cute, emotionally, and sweet. I mean, Jack being gentle and affectionate towards Ennis was just beautiful. And when he kissed him, it was not only hot but also sweet. It was warm and loving. It was almost as if WE as the viewers 'felt' the first kiss he gave him. It was beautifully done by two great actors. You know, everytime I look at that scene, I wonder how Heath and Jake got their nerves together to actually kiss eachother. I know they had to really talk this out but after a while, they probably had gotten use to it. I've seen them deliciously kiss women but kissing eachother really took the cake. ;) It was beyond peaches and cream. It was beyond sweet. Let me put it at that. :D
But, yeah, on that part of the scene, it showed how they're characters are starting to feel and accept the love from eachother. :)

Personally, I think both the 1st Tent Scene and the 2nd Tent Scene are two of the best scenes from the movie.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:24:34 pm »
The Reunion scene is the scene I just play over and over.

Like I said, I had no idea of the story, so on first viewing I as I waited for Jack to arrive, I was a bit like Ennis, edgy and impatient, waiting to see how they would act towards one another after four "fucking" years. I was frightened it would be uncomfortable for them. I thought, that they would both hide their feelings and we as the viewer would be frustrated by this, and we would have to wait some time for them to finally admit their feelings.

BUT.......when Ennis grabbed Jack and pushed him against the wall, I could hardly breathe. I sucked in the bggest gulp of air, and felt like it was Ennis sucking the breath out of me and not just Jack. That kiss is the most memorable kiss in any movie I have ever seen.

The relief also, that I felt, that they were showing each other their feelings, that they were not gonna hide them, oh god, I thought, thank goodness they both feel the same, and they are not hiding it.

I was so entranced with that scene, and feeling so good about it, I was on a wave of eurphoria, and then when Alma unexpectantly opened the door, I nearly threw up.... NO NO NO NO....dont spoil it, please dont spoil it. I was sick to my stomach, for both Alma and the thought of the consequences.

Sometimes I wish I had read the book before I saw the movie, to prepare me for all of these scenes.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 05:32:40 pm »
Thanks, Katie, Artiste, and optom. You guys are great and I agree about the emotion of this movie. It had me crying a bunch of times and I'm a very sensitive girl.

The love scene between the two of them was a huge turn on EVERYTIME I see it. Of course. I was a bit shocked, startled, and uncomfortable at first, too. But, when I'd seen the second to third to fourth etc. times, I became used to it and really loved the scene. It would always 'GET' to me, even no matter how hard I try not to let it arouse me. Doesn't work. :laugh: It was to make us the audience see where their passions began physically. The sexual tension had finally broke when Jack had first put Ennis's hand on him. The way I see it, he WANTED Ennis's touch badly. He was emotionally, mentally, and sexually attracted to him. He wanted to send a message to him that he was in love with him and that he was highly sexually pining for him that he couldn't take it anymore. And Ennis was a virgin at the time so he didn't know how to react to it. Jack on the other, it was a bit unclear if he was a virgin or not but he definitely felt comfortable and hungrily ready to feel what it's like to make love to Ennis or the other way around. ;D
Plus, I think the scene was also a hidden meaning that Ennis and Jack in a way were telling eachother that they each are gay and they're sexually attracted to eachother by their actions(i.e. the hand on the crotch under the blanket, the holding eachother faces, the increasing breathing between them before and during, etc.).

And I agree with you about the Second Tent Scene. I find that scene very cute, emotionally, and sweet. I mean, Jack being gentle and affectionate towards Ennis was just beautiful. And when he kissed him, it was not only hot but also sweet. It was warm and loving. It was almost as if WE as the viewers 'felt' the first kiss he gave him. It was beautifully done by two great actors. You know, everytime I look at that scene, I wonder how Heath and Jake got their nerves together to actually kiss eachother. I know they had to really talk this out but after a while, they probably had gotten use to it. I've seen them deliciously kiss women but kissing eachother really took the cake. ;) It was beyond peaches and cream. It was beyond sweet. Let me put it at that. :D
But, yeah, on that part of the scene, it showed how they're characters are starting to feel and accept the love from eachother. :)

Personally, I think both the 1st Tent Scene and the 2nd Tent Scene are two of the best scenes from the movie.

I don't know whether it is different for men, but I have shared passionate kisses with a couple of women. I then  fell desperately in love with the love of my life.Kissing him was not so different from kissing a woman.Some people can kiss well and some just can't.
Heath in one interview said basically it is just kissing another human being,I thought that was a pretty mature attitude.
For me kissing a woman was a natural progression from the very deep friendship bond we had formed. There was no embarrassment attached, quite the reverse, it seemed the most natural thing in the world.
I suspect for Heath and Jake , with all the cameras etc around it was probably not much more difficult than a straight kiss or sex scene. I do know I was utterly convinced by their desperate sexual attraction and love for each other. That in itself is an amazing feat for 2 straight man.In fact I only ever see Ennis and Jack.
O

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 11:22:17 pm »
I don't know whether it is different for men, but I have shared passionate kisses with a couple of women. I then  fell desperately in love with the love of my life.Kissing him was not so different from kissing a woman.Some people can kiss well and some just can't.
Heath in one interview said basically it is just kissing another human being,I thought that was a pretty mature attitude.
For me kissing a woman was a natural progression from the very deep friendship bond we had formed. There was no embarrassment attached, quite the reverse, it seemed the most natural thing in the world.
I suspect for Heath and Jake , with all the cameras etc around it was probably not much more difficult than a straight kiss or sex scene. I do know I was utterly convinced by their desperate sexual attraction and love for each other. That in itself is an amazing feat for 2 straight man.In fact I only ever see Ennis and Jack.
O
Agreed. Yeah, I remember Heath saying that, too. He said it like it was nothing to be ashamed of. I respect that. I wasn't annoyed by it at all. And I agree. Kissing a man or woman in a way doesn't make any difference. We're human beings.
I think Heath and Jake had a lot of trust within eachother to do these Ennis and Jack love scenes. And I think that was one of the reasons, in real life, they had gotten closer the way they did.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 11:51:24 pm »
You know, I realized this scene is one of those scenes in movies that make the audience 'FEEL' what the characters are feeling. Seriously, it's a very well acted scene and they did a good job on capturing the audiences emotion and feeling. I think for us females, the scene got us feeling what the two guys had felt for eachother.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 03:49:54 am »
I have found this thread very enlightening with the views profiled here.
From my view as a gay male I remember being absolutely shocked at the
FNIT scene in a Tampa theatre that night. I did not know much about BBM
before I went but I knew I must see it. The sexual act of course did not shock me
and flowed very naturally but as soon as it was over I was startled. As I sat in the
theatre in the moment it was over you could hear a pin drop. Stunned I did not
believe I just saw such a private moment between the boys and felt like I had
stumbled into it, like walking in on your parents. I looked around and the audience
seemed to try to adjust themselves as well as I did back to normal. Or should I
use the world normal? After Brokeback life changed and never went back to what
was normal. Thanks to the boys and Brokeback. I never have to try to be the "old"
normal again.

Brokeback released me to live!

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris