Author Topic: Now we can post pictures!  (Read 52398 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Now we can post pictures!
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2006, 09:19:49 pm »
Heath and Jake on the '63 set--but Jack has the last meeting whiskey bottle in his right hand, which I missed in the scan. CLICK TO ENLARGE.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: A request for Julie
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2006, 01:46:24 pm »
Julie, can you pretty please with sugar on top do me a huge favor and post me a screen capture of Jack riding in the twilight alone, with his face all ruddy from the cold?  You know which one I mean?  Not when he's coming back and finding Ennis missing from the camp (though he looks mighty fetching in that slate blue shirt there, too), but earlier on.

I'd be forever in your debt.  :)

Since Julie's offline.... is this the one??  If not, let me know.  I have more.

This is the one.  I love how his face is ruddy with the cold.  I can just feel the stark chill in the air looking at him.  And I love how he doesn't seem the least bit phased by that coldness - like it's something he's grown up with and accustomed himself to.  It just appeals to me because I'm one of those weirdos who loves winter best of all, yet I live in the land of endless summer.  I miss feeling that bite in the air on my face and in my nose and ears.  He reminds me of it in this scene and I always feel like I'm back at home when I see it.

Thanks, darlin'.  :)
No more beans!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2006, 10:44:01 pm »
Love this picture. I found it over on davecullen. In my humble opinion, he was the hottest between 2000 and 2002. He's always hot, but he was hottest then.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2006, 10:50:54 pm »
What's the point of living if you don't have a dick?

...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2006, 12:02:55 am »
This is the full-sized version of my latest avatar, which I'm posting just so you can see how truly gorgeous it is, and also because it's soooooo reminiscent of the first scene of BBM when Ennis has hitched a ride down the mountain in the dawn.

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2006, 12:28:03 am »
How cool is this...the dozy embrace.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:55 am »
Thanks for the walk through time there Sparkle. I think he's hottest at present, but just my opinion of course.

Oooh, Celeste, beautiful!

DeeDee! That's awesome! I want one to put in my dorm somewhere!

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2006, 12:48:05 am »
Thanks for the walk through time there Sparkle. I think he's hottest at present, but just my opinion of course.

Oooh, Celeste, beautiful!

DeeDee! That's awesome! I want one to put in my dorm somewhere!

Wouldn't they make great Christmas gifts for brokies everywhere?
I need to find out who made them.

Oh, and the pic of him in that tux??? (panting)
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2006, 12:53:12 am »
I was a band geek in high school (and proud of it!), and sometimes at competitions there would be a souvenir stand. There would often be little figurines of people playing the various instruments made out of hardware like that. I always thought they were so cute. The dozy embrace is much better though!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2006, 03:18:18 am »
Eden barby, I didn't see your request. but I don't have that picture anyway, so it's good someone else did. sfericsf, who saw Brokeback 38 times in the theater, says that's his very favorite part of the movie...

Kids...and a remarkably pretty girl. CLICK TO ENLARGE
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 01:56:16 am by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters