Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!  (Read 17958 times)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
Re: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 03:07:26 pm »
We could plumb the depths of these characters, much as Tom Stoppard did when he revealed the inner lives of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.  There are, indeed, no small roles.

One of my favourite plays ever.

Sorry I have been AWOL. Was in Cape Town for the weekend. And buggered now, so need to sleep, to be ready for tomorrow.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:01 pm »
Meryl,

That IS cool, and I hadn't really noticed it before--- (leather vambraces!)  but NOW I will, and I'll be thinking of you every time!  Do they both have them?  Is Biker #2 the one who experiences the Ennis Kick?  What's with Biker #1 (or vice versa) that he doesn't jump up and defend his buddy against lil' ole Ennis?  ;D   I guess you two are going to have to share with us the 'inner monologue' that is going on in each biker's mind during this incident---

: : : : : : : : : :  Gosh, this young, handsome man has just administered a rather powerful blow to both my lover's face and ego with one of his rather appealing caliper-like legs....  and now he's gazing into my eyes with his own smoldering, dark-as-a-hot-cup-of-black-coffee eyes, and asking if I might like him to touch me....  with his hand...  in my facial area.....   OH, I'm so tempted to say, yes...YES....   but I fear the consequences of such a bold flirtation on my part--  after all, I did come to these holiday festivities with my dear, sweet, 'Freebird' Frank this evening and I know better than to hurt Frank's feelings...   after careful consideration of both the future of my relationship with Frank and our cycling group's lack of an efficient dental plan, I think I'm going to have to say...... : : : : : : : : : : :

".... I'd sure rather not."

;)  (Just tryin' to help, Meryl and Elle)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:43:58 pm by Sashca1007 »
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 04:00:15 pm »
ROFL! You need to put that up on the Lines U Never Heard on BBM too!! Immortal!! But...Fuzzy.. you say yr buggered?? You been to Mexico, huney? That's okay, just high tail it back to the Sunny Side of the mountain soon as yr all rested up!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 05:54:34 pm »
So, since it's the 19th now in Australia, do I need to start preparing myself for "going on" since I am in scene #4 or 5 (when Jack first mounts me  ;D) or do I have a few hours more? It really would work best for me if I could do my part tonight, even on the late side....So Ray, what time on June 19th is curtain call?

gotta practice my throwin moves....

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 07:37:44 pm »
Ray, I need to know when the curtain's going up--  I think I might be first in order of appearance!  Give me a fair warning!   :-\
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 09:49:22 pm »
A fair warning for me as well. This forum can be like a maze sometimes, if I don't have an assistant telling me where I'm supposed to make my appearance, chances are I won't be there.  ::) I am as eager to take part in the director's vision as anyone else, and thank you for the constructive information at the beginning of this topic, that clarifies things a great deal. I hope this will begin sometime late in the evening, monday is a full day for me (preferably 6:00 CST or so.)

Thanks, Daniel.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 10:36:16 pm »
Ushers to their places.  The throng of the audience is palpable.  Good news everybody, all the snack stations are restocking their products for the third time.  So far we have sold 54956745745165785612786 Choc Top Icecreams, 7657865225987689275496gallons of Slushy, and 165514165716785874265268946592185986452645 bags of Maltezers,  with 474176491696539131634 Big Mac trucks of Popcorn waltzing across the counters!  It's going to be a great opening night audience, if for nothing else but the sugar rushes! 

As this is a Plamovey, (Play/Movie hybrid), the curtain will raise/camera will roll at 6pm sharp somewhere in the world!  The first dress rehersal last night infront of a small trial audience went well so I am anticipating a great reception at the real thing.

I would appreciate promtness on the opening scene Actors' part as the show must go on!  However, it is not necessary for all cast to be present if you have nothing to contribute in the early stages.  You will be considered to be crew and audience, so please pitch in with set decorations for the appropriate scenes, musical accompaniments, or supportive criticism.  Remember, the louder we applaud, the better we perform!

*****Please report to Make up and Costume all actors in the opening sequence:  Ennis Del Mar (Older); Jack Twist (Older); Horny Fly; Aguire; Jack's Pants; Blades of Grass; Truck Driver; All other paticipants in scene one who have something to contribute with relevance!

A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG!
All please now follow the High Priestess in THE BROKIE PRAYER

Our Boys, who met on Brokeback, honored be your names.  Your story done, your souls be one,  in heaven as they were on Brokeback.  Grant us this day our friendly posts.  And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against you.  And lead us not into vexation, but deliver us from hatred.  For yours was the struggle, and the union, and the triumph forever and ever.  Yeehaw.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:47:51 pm by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »
Meryl,

That IS cool, and I hadn't really noticed it before--- (leather vambraces!)  but NOW I will, and I'll be thinking of you every time!  Do they both have them?  Is Biker #2 the one who experiences the Ennis Kick?  What's with Biker #1 (or vice versa) that he doesn't jump up and defend his buddy against lil' ole Ennis?  ;D   I guess you two are going to have to share with us the 'inner monologue' that is going on in each biker's mind during this incident---

: : : : : : : : : :  Gosh, this young, handsome man has just administered a rather powerful blow to both my lover's face and ego with one of his rather appealing caliper-like legs....  and now he's gazing into my eyes with his own smoldering, dark-as-a-hot-cup-of-black-coffee eyes, and asking if I might like him to touch me....  with his hand...  in my facial area.....   OH, I'm so tempted to say, yes...YES....   but I fear the consequences of such a bold flirtation on my part--  after all, I did come to these holiday festivities with my dear, sweet, 'Freebird' Frank this evening and I know better than to hurt Frank's feelings...   after careful consideration of both the future of my relationship with Frank and our cycling group's lack of an efficient dental plan, I think I'm going to have to say...... : : : : : : : : : : :

".... I'd sure rather not."

;)  (Just tryin' to help, Meryl and Elle)

Brilliant, Melinda!  I adore the subtext, as will our Director, I'm sure.  By the way, Ennis grabs me (yay!) by the t-shirt with both fists and shoves hard, then spins around to deliver the kick to poor "Freebird Frank" (LOL) before leaning in to me with the request about half my fuckin' teeth.  I figure I decline because I need time to recover from the incredible stimulation he has just delivered to my pectorals.  More about that when we get to our scene.  ;)

Ray, I need to know when the curtain's going up--  I think I might be first in order of appearance!  Give me a fair warning

I was under the impression we HAD started.   Something about that giant red "ACTION" followed by a truck traveling from right to left made me hurry to deliver my Blessing.  :)

Oops, I see Ray has posted.  Guess it was a false alarm.  Gonna go get some Maltezers.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:14:25 pm »
Alright, Tootie here, needing my costume. Who has my frumpy dress? I think it'll need to be extra frumpy to make up for the absense of my walking partner Elizabeth. Once I get my costume I'll be ready for the integral Walking-Behind-Aguirre scene.  :P

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 11:19:43 pm »
Beautiful to see Meryl's prayer again, so beautiful. I am getting butterflies! Now, really, 6 pm sharp somewhere in the world--would that be in 41 mintues? I am just checking.

And this was kind of confusing
*****Please report to Make up and Costume all actors in the opening sequence:  Ennis Del Mar (Older); Jack Twist (Older); Horny Fly; Aguire; Jack's Pants; Blades of Grass; Truck Driver; All other paticipants in scene one who have something to contribute with relevance!

hunh? how come this says (older) when it's the first scene, hunh?
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."