Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76586 times)

mvansand76

Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 07:25:56 am »
My additional scenes would be:

1. One more scene on the mountain after the second tent scene, showing them just talking or a scene that shows how much everything is right for them at that moment, something like the campfire embrace, just leaning into each other and talking.

2. Ennis coming home to Alma after BBM. I want to write that scene.

3. The WHOLE motel scene (duh) or the scene at the diner before they leave for the mountains. Lovely. But to be honest, I do think that the motel scene works perfectly as it is.

4. Their last camping trip (they talk they had about their kids, the "that's one of the two things I need right now...", I LOVE that in the book).

And you know what, just more of them together in the whole movie, I think somebody once suggested to just skip all the Cassie scenes, all the Monroe scenes, all the Randall scenes and replace them with Jack and Ennis scenes. That would've worked fine by me!  ;D

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 07:57:22 am »
My additional scenes would be:
2. Ennis coming home to Alma after BBM. I want to write that scene.

Hmm, sounds like you may have a fan fic waiting to be written?  Be sure to let us know if you write something!

A lot of my fantasy scenes have been realised by some of the incredible BBM fan fic stories around that fill in the gaps we didn't see.  It's different to seeing it on screen of course.  However, some I've found as moving and some more moving. 

There's also been several things I've read that if I'd thought of, I'd certainly have been fantasising about!   ;)
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2006, 10:19:29 am »
........ he strokes Jack's face and looks at him in this sort of slightly pained heavy-breathing besotted way (the way you look at somebody when your knees feel weak)... his face really close ... and then ... the nuzzle ... !!!!

...That moment lasted about 5/8ths of a second, and I could have used a LOT more of that sort of thing. Would it have killed them? Would it have really undercut the "never enough time" message all that much? They could add an hour and a half of loving looks and nuzzles and affectionate caresses and it still wouldn't be enough time, in my book. (Please, Director's Cut, please please please!!!)

Better late than never: I just need to say that there are no words to express just how much I agree with the above. (As long as that hour and a half also included a sufficient ratio of hot 'n tender kisses, of course. )

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2006, 11:39:17 pm »
I would love to see a scene of the boys all dressed up, Jack the darker one in a black Armani suit, Ennis in a creme colored Brooks Brothers suit.  Both are hatless and they walk into a banquet hand in hand.  As soon as they enter the crowded hall, all talk stops!  Next image the two boys sitting side by side, Jack playing with the curls on the nape of Ennis' neck.  Ennis traces Jack's jawline with a finger, seductively whispers into his husband's ear.   ::)

Okay, I know this could never happen in Jack and Ennis' world, but somehow this image of the two of them being able to be seen in public, be affectionate, always haunts me.  This is my fantasy for the two of them - a scene I would love to see.  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 10:00:02 am »

(1) That great "Ode to the Nuzzle" thread is in the archives.  Yeehaw!  It really is/was a lovely thread.

That's so funny, I think that's the one I started on imdb.com!

hee hee hee!  :D

Offline mlewisusc

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 10:47:47 am »
Gang,

I have been jonesing for deleted scenes since early December, so I understand where we're all coming from.

That being said, I do believe that the restraint truly enhances our longing and makes the film powerful in a way it might not be if some of the "unfilmed" scenes were actually included.  Scenes filmed but not included would be very very interesting but I doubt that all together they could cure the longing expressed here for that which simply does not exist.  IMHO if Jack and Ennis ever got what we want them to have, this fascination, this forum, and this discussion simply would never have existed. :)
"Good enough place" - Ennis del Mar

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:08 am »
Gang,

I have been jonesing for deleted scenes since early December, so I understand where we're all coming from.

That being said, I do believe that the restraint truly enhances our longing and makes the film powerful in a way it might not be if some of the "unfilmed" scenes were actually included.  Scenes filmed but not included would be very very interesting but I doubt that all together they could cure the longing expressed here for that which simply does not exist.  IMHO if Jack and Ennis ever got what we want them to have, this fascination, this forum, and this discussion simply would never have existed. :)

Deleted scenes would be good .... just as an FYI. You are right that at least the sex scenes were pretty much shot as is (that is what I have read from Ang, anyway). But I think it would be cool to have a couple of commentary tracks ... like one with the screenwriters and Ang. Another one with the cast. So a special edition would be great!!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 02:09:05 pm »
the sex scenes were pretty much shot as is (that is what I have read from Ang, anyway).

That's funny, I thought I'd read Ang saying just the opposite -- that they went on much longer but were edited shorter! You may well be right; I haven't kept up with interviews that closely. I hope I am, though! Even if they're not included in a deluxe edition, we can always hope to find a bootlegged version someday.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 03:14:53 pm »
That's funny, I thought I'd read Ang saying just the opposite -- that they went on much longer but were edited shorter! You may well be right; I haven't kept up with interviews that closely. I hope I am, though! Even if they're not included in a deluxe edition, we can always hope to find a bootlegged version someday.

Anything more would be great! I hope they hear us loud and clear ... "WE WANT MORE" (of everything)!!  ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2006, 10:39:33 am »
Read this post on IMBb

Ennis goes to Brokeback around 1965 to contemplate what happened

Ennis look south toward Texas
Jack looking north toward Wyoming, perhaps on a moonlit night.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.