Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705402 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2810 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:40 pm »
ANGRY SHOPPER, NOW SUPER PISSED:

((Storms off after DO-DO's suggestion of improved spiritual well-being in a Sisterhood of some kind .. Still fuming, she marches out of the supermarket, pulls out a can of spray paint from her purse and heads for the side of the building ..  She is almost done with her "work of art" when she hears approaching voices ..

She hops on her bike and takes off ..

..))

%%  I'll be back ..muahhahahaha..%%

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:21:19 pm by Lucise »

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2811 on: September 28, 2006, 05:05:43 pm »

(( TERRY CLOTH, returned to his customary position in ENNIS' jacket pocket, sees the vandalism outside the Riverton Grocery.  ))

TERRY CLOTH:

&&  Price-gouger?  MONROE is a price-gouger?  I thought what he was asking for those condiments was fair.  &&
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2812 on: September 28, 2006, 05:08:23 pm »
MONROE:

((Shakes head in utter disbelief at all the goings-on))

**These here aisles sure have seen many strange events lately. Wet sheep tricks, blazingly hot CHER tricks...... Cult prozelytizing...... Kids being brought in here as for regular kindergarten.........customers storming off all enraged! Are we ever selling any groceries here anymore? And what about my culinary selections, are they quietly rotting on the shelves? **

((Sighs deeply))

**Guess I'd better go and peek carefully at what's happening to ALMA: That husband of hers seemed about as unstable and about to go off as ever.**

((Tip-toes towards the condiments))

**She may soon need help! She may be in danger! **

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2813 on: September 28, 2006, 05:09:48 pm »

(( I see the graffiti and could not agree more.  ))

ME:

&& MONROE is a prince alright, and a d*mn sure fine prince at that ... ummm-hmmmmm...  &&

(( At this point, I believe that I sigh dreamily again despite my pee-soaked shoes.  ))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:11:24 pm by Cher »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2814 on: September 28, 2006, 05:10:10 pm »
ENNIS:

((Hiccups loudly))

I was watchin TV an guess I had a few too many beers, but I figured you could keep an eye out for em.  I saw a billboard outside I got ta check out, had my name on it.  But then again, maybe I was seein things, cause there was two Holsteins climbin up over each other ta change the message last time I drove past...

Come on ALMA, you know how I get when I'm drinkin...

((Now very upset .. ALMA shakes her head at Ennis in disbelief..))

** Ennis, why are you drinking when you are supposed to be looking after the girls?  >:(  Do I ask so much from you that you can't just take care of your own daughters for one afternoon while I work?  What am I supposed to do now .. I got like 3 more hours on this darn shift ..  **

((ALMA relents a little when she sees the look on Ennis' face ..

))

** Fine, I'll figure something out ..  you aint doing right by me here Ennis ..**

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #2815 on: September 28, 2006, 05:14:16 pm »

DO-DO:

((Steps outside to calm herself down by means of the fresh air and a cigarette or rather five))

((Eyes the writing on the wall sceptically))

** Monroe is a priest?  HAH! I think not! Hah! What a joke! He wouldn't even hear me out on my fanatical fantastical visionary water marketing proposal! He's so not spiritual, I bet he wouldn't know the sacred relics if he stumbled over them in the road! He's far too much the over-cautious money-counting capitalist pri**, sometimes! **

((Sighs and lights yet another cig))

**Why doesn't he see there's more to living than food? Spiritual products can put money in the till, too!**

>:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:31:49 pm by Mikaela »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2816 on: September 28, 2006, 05:22:23 pm »
ENNIS:

ALMA, don't go lookin at me all that way, a man's home is his castle, an his liver is his beer gut.  Or somethin.  Call yer sister, she's too ugly ta have a date tonight, she'll help out with the girls.  I got ta go... need some Butt Butter at the Drugstore.

((Staggers out))
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2817 on: September 28, 2006, 05:27:30 pm »
((Now very upset .. ALMA shakes her head at Ennis in disbelief..))

** Ennis, why are you drinking when you are supposed to be looking after the girls?  >:(  Do I ask so much from you that you can't just take care of your own daughters for one afternoon while I work?  What am I supposed to do now .. I got like 3 more hours on this darn shift ..  **

** Fine, I'll figure something out ..  you aint doing right by me here Ennis ..**

(( My humanitarian desire to help this poor mother and her children and try to save that towering peanut display dovetails beautifully with my need to get my perky peanut of an ex-husband out of MONROE's grocery store pronto.  ))

ME:  

Here, ALMA, we'll help.  SONNY, you take ALMA JUNIOR outside to the swingset.  Ask her if she needs a push or something.  

** GO, SONNY, now!  Outside! **

SONNY:

OK, c'mon ALMA JUNIOR, let's go ouside.  Be careful about those peanuts we're walking by.  Be really careful, OK?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:29:54 pm by Cher »

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #2818 on: September 28, 2006, 05:28:18 pm »
MONROE:

**Oh, bother! I can't see a thing from behind this here shelf. The beans are stacked so tightly, I bet they're even sound-proof. I'll have to go round the other way.**

%% Hope my BAA is all right. It turned so silent here, all of a sudden...... %%

((Hurries off in the other direction))

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2819 on: September 28, 2006, 05:35:43 pm »
ENNIS:

ALMA, don't go lookin at me all that way, a man's home is his castle, an his liver is his beer gut.  Or somethin.  Call yer sister, she's too ugly ta have a date tonight, she'll help out with the girls.  I got ta go... need some Butt Butter at the Drugstore.

((Staggers out))

((Alma watches in continued disbelief as Ennis staggers out of the supermarket ..Unsure of whether to be more upset by the fact that Ennis just called her sister butt-ugly or that he was about to buy a product called Butt Butter .. ))

%% What is the problem with that man?  %%

((Alma is not lost in her thoughts for long .. when JENNY starts to cry ..

))

** Sshh..sweet heart.  Don't cry .. Momma's here ...sshh..**

((ALMA looks around her to see where JUNIOR has got to when .. next thing she hears are bottles of roasted peanuts crashing to the floor ..

))

%% Aww crap!  Today is starting to turn into a real nightmare ..%%

** Junior!  Step away from the peanuts ..now!  Oh gosh!  **