Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705305 times)

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2830 on: September 28, 2006, 08:53:01 pm »

MONROE:

((Looks up to see CHER standing in front of him, right next to the ketchup........ She's removed the peed-upon shoes and is standing barefoot; - squeaky-clean feet.))

Oh, I was just thinking of you! Scout's honor, I really was! Look out, don't come closer - there's broken glass all over the floor over here.

((Blushes wildly at his own audacity:))

We could go....somewhere else. If you'd like.

ME (in a lush, low, rich, and sultry baritone whisper):

Sure, my sweet grocer man... there's another nice couch in the produce aisle...

or there's always that posh motel down the road with the great desk clerk ...

or we can go back to my trailer, which has been cleared of smoke damage from that onset fire

and redone marvelously, thanks to MISTER RAYMILLE's generous budget and great taste.

So c'mon, MONROE...

(( At this point, I sigh softly and dreamily into MONROE's ear.  ))

&&  Speaking of that near-tragic nightmare fire,

it's given me great inspiration for a new movie project.

&&

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUGHT%%
« Reply #2831 on: September 28, 2006, 09:22:08 pm »
MONROE:

((Watches in horror as REALLY BIG SPIDER emerges and crawls over CHER's feet))

Urgh Argh!!

((Jumps forward, kicks spider aside with a loud yell, takes CHER's hand and drags her towards exit))

Come on -  your trailer it is! Let's go! Too much strangeness happening here today, I'm exhausted! Not that there won't be new and exhausting strangeness happening in your trailer, if I know you at all, but..... never mind. Let's just get out of here! I can't take anymore!

((CHER in tow, he rushes past the front desk at top speed, out the door, past the chain-smoking DO-DO, past the writing on the wall, and on down the street.))

%% What was that written there? MONROE is a primate? What's that supposed to mean? Someone hinting that I enjoy bananas? Uh-oh. Here I go again with those thoughts. And whoever wrote it was wrong in any case.  %%

((Runs faster))

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2832 on: September 28, 2006, 09:26:20 pm »
((Meanwhile back in Texas, JACK is peering into the mystical mirror of the HIGH PRIESTESS.))

YOUNG JACK:

((smiles at the scene....))

**Yeah, 'cept me and Lureen.... ('less I can git away from 'er) we're adoptin', so the original film'll make sense.**

((Another thought comes to Jack's mind.))

**Wait, is that me? I'm gettin' confused.**

((The scene in the water shifts slowly to....))

HIGH PRIESTESS:

** I think that about answers your question.  There's a little boy on the way who's going to need his Daddy to help him grow up strong and happy. **

((One more picture starts to form, but the Mirror is fading fast, and JACK is left straining his eyes to catch what it is....))

((The water's surface returns to normal.  Meryl opens the venetian blinds, and daylight streams in.  JACK crosses to the door of the trailer and stands there looking out at the dusty parking lot, deep in thought.))
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2833 on: September 28, 2006, 09:51:47 pm »
MONROE:

((Watches in horror as REALLY BIG SPIDER emerges and crawls over CHER's feet))

Urgh Argh!!

((Jumps forward, kicks spider aside with a loud yell, takes CHER's hand and drags her towards exit))

Come on -  your trailer it is! Let's go! Too much strangeness happening here today, I'm exhausted! Not that there won't be new and exhausting strangeness happening in your trailer, if I know you at all, but..... never mind. Let's just get out of here! I can't take anymore!

ME (breathless and delighted and rich and baritone-y, thrilled to be back in my trailer with MONROE):

MONROE, honey, you must be really tired... they're just socks, dear.

These flowers you got me from the produce section are beautiful! 

Why don't you just relax... I'll light a candle.

C'mere.. s'alright, s'alright...

(( The lights dim in tasteful fashion.  In every situation, I am known for tasteful fashion.  ))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:05:13 pm by Cher »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2834 on: September 29, 2006, 12:42:47 am »

** I think that about answers your question.  There's a little boy on the way who's going to need his Daddy to help him grow up strong and happy. **

YOUNG JACK:

((Jack swallows... looks out at the dusty parking lot.))

**Alright... Still wish I had seen Ennis happier... I reckon ya can't control the water too much, huh? I'll try not to get on yer ass about it... I know what that feels like.**

((Jack grabs up JBB, puts him in his pocket, and steps out the door. He looks both directions on the street, turns back around and looks at the PRIESTESS.))

**Thankee kindly, ma'am.**

((Jack turns back toward the bridal store and begins the slow, long walk back to.... to whatever destiny waited for him there.))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2835 on: September 29, 2006, 04:00:09 am »

==CALL SHEET
aka THE NEXT SCENE IS ALMOST UPON US:

ACT II -- SCENE # 41 – JACK BECOMES A FATHER
and the Performers will be:
Jack  -  Daniel
Lureen  -  Ray
Fayette Newsome  -  Barbara (Goadra)
L.D. Newsome  -  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Bobby  -  Flashframe777

ACT II -- SCENE # 42 – THE REUNION
and the Performers will be:
Jack  -  Daniel
Ennis  -  Louise
Alma  -  Milli
Young Alma Jr  -  Becky

C&CD JT
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2836 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:26 am »
((Jack grabs up JBB, puts him in his pocket, and steps out the door. He looks both directions on the street, turns back around and looks at the PRIESTESS.))

**Thankee kindly, ma'am.**

((Jack turns back toward the bridal store and begins the slow, long walk back to.... to whatever destiny waited for him there.))

HIGH PRIESTESS:

** Hold on, sonny!  I offered you a ride, and I meant it. **

((Meryl whisks JACK and JBB back to the wedding shop in style.  While JACK is being fitted for his tux, Meryl takes stock.))

** Before Lureen becomes a Mother, she's got to be made an Honest Woman.  Let's see if we can wrap up this wedding in style!  We've got the cakes and a proper bridal adornment:

And some nice ice sculptures:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:12:02 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2837 on: September 29, 2006, 11:20:57 am »
** There are the Bridesmaids' ensembles:

How about some Groomsmen?

And every wedding needs Flower Girls: **

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2838 on: September 29, 2006, 11:40:57 am »
MIKA the MUSICAL DUMBASS MULE has graciously agreed to appear as the Special Entertainment, along with her Special Admirer, Bata Illic:

The Childress Chug-A-Lugs have been signed for the dancing:

And Harley "Hellboy" Hogg will be waiting to lead the procession of harvester/combines that will carry the wedding party to the reception after the nuptials: **

SHOUT OUT TO OUR FASHIONISTA, CHER and HER BOY TOY, MONROE:   Have you and  BOB MACKIE been able to come up with a proper wedding dress for our Rodeo Queen?  And is there any hope of some food at this shindig?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:51:34 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2839 on: September 29, 2006, 12:35:21 pm »
:D ;D  Joyful Announcement!   ;D :D

The B.A.M. production is very pleased to announce that world-renowned artiste Kelda will be performing in the role of L.D. Newsome, Yeaaaah!!!!!  :o ;D ;D    This VERSATILE highly accomplished actress-actor is also scheduled to play the part of CASSIE later on.  Would everyone please give a warm welcome to Kelda!  Yeehaw!!!!

C & CD JT
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:09:25 pm by Kelda »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."