Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1705332 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2930 on: October 02, 2006, 05:03:46 pm »
YOUNG JACK:

((As the Ride of the Valkyries plays for the seventeenth time hoping that Lureen will make an appearance at just the right moment.... Someone must have forgotten to tell her what her cue was, Jack can't stand it any longer. He rolls his eyes and looks desparingly at the orchestra.))

**Can we please play somethin' else until she actually shows up? That music is unnervin' enough as 'tis. Don't need it to be playin' in my head til kingdom come.**

(Play me!)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 05:26:07 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #2931 on: October 02, 2006, 11:37:51 pm »
%% Is he here?  Will he speak? %%

((Silence.  The creek at the far end of the meadow can be heard rushing over its rocky bed.  Meryl looks at JACK, whom she didn't think could grow any paler, but he has gone dead white.  A sudden gust of wind lifts Lureen's veil high in the air.  The Maid of Honor rushes to catch hold of it and tame it again.  Nervous laughter.))

%% Poor lad, I won't make him suffer longer than he has to. %%

** Today this man and this woman are brought together to pledge their love and trust before all, under a clear sky and brilliant Sun.  May they be given the strength they need to make and keep their vows.

John Harold Fitzgerald Twist, will you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife?  Will you love her, honor and keep her, and forsaking all others be faithful to her so long as you both shall live? **

((With an effort, JACK tears his thoughts away from Ennis and clears his throat.   LUREEN takes his arm and smiles up into his face, encouraging.  He croaks his reply.))

** I will. **

** Lureen Desiree Newsome, will you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband?  Will you love him, honor and keep him, and forsaking all others be faithful to him so long as you both shall live? **

** I will. **

((The ceremony continues, the young couple dutifully going through the round of questions.  The rings, engraved with a wheat motif, are exchanged.))

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 06:51:07 pm by Daniel »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2932 on: October 02, 2006, 11:58:23 pm »
((At last the HIGH PRIESTESS reaches the end of the ceremony.))

** LUREEN and JACK  have together made their covenant before this company; they have made their vows to each other, and have shown their consent by joining their hands and by giving and receiving rings.  I therefore pronounce them to be Husband and Wife. 

Those whom the Author Almighty has joined together, let no man put asunder. **

JACK and LUREEN

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there is no more loneliness.
Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you.
Go now to your dwelling place, to enter into the days of your life together.
And may your days be good, and long upon the earth.

YEEHAW

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2933 on: October 03, 2006, 12:21:15 am »
JACK and ENNIS

Love one another, but make not a bond of love;
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cup, but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread, but eat not from the same loaf.
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone.
Even as the strings of a lute are alone, though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping,
For only the hand of life can contain your hearts.
And stand together, yet not too near together;
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
Let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another, but make not a bond of love.

~ Kahlil Gibran ~

YEEHAW
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:56:58 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2934 on: October 03, 2006, 02:53:51 pm »
Thank goodness that wedding is over!  Now to let it all hang out at the reception!

Naughty Monroe!  Look at the ice sculpture he chose for the buffet.  Hey, we need the Pasties and the Blue Balls for adornment!

The Bridesmaids are already making good use of the gifts LUREEN gave them:

Bimbo and Jimbo are ready to hoedown:

The HIGH PRIESTESS is already three sheets to the wind:

And MIKA is so chuffed that she caught LUREEN's bouquet that she's signing free copies of her new record!

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2935 on: October 03, 2006, 02:59:34 pm »
LD Newsome

**Lureen - you got him to send that pre-nupt dintcha? All he'll get of ma business if you two split are the woman's uniforms and yer wedding dress right?**
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2936 on: October 03, 2006, 03:42:18 pm »

((The bikers, enjoying themselves at the bar after that lengthy wedding ceremony...))  ;D

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
MONROE:

= Has been watching the solemn ceremony from the sidelines, while simultaneously preparing the ice sculptures. (Never enough time, never enough, our poor exhausted caterer finds....) =

((Starts daydreaming:))

%% What if that was ALMA 'n me, getting hitched? That would be the perfect day, a day to remember........ And then, as the night drew in, we'd.......   :-*:P  %%

((Is lost in daydreaming, hands sculpting a representation of his mind's eye view. Entranced... ))

** Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm**

At the HP's final "YEEHAW" , MONROE wakes up and is utterly stunned to see his own creation))

Eeeeeeeeeeeeep!

(( In total panic, hurtles forward, grabs a couple of the symbolic wedding bouquets and salvages the unsatisfactory ice sculpture situation as best he may:))

**Whew! Close call! Bet that LD fellow wouldn't have taken too kindly to lewd and naughty ice sculptures, practically dripping indecency, here at his only daughter's wedding and all!**

((Studies the assembled guests, and ponders the likely goings-on as the feast progresses))

** The again, maybe I'm wrong. Why should the ice sculptures be any different than the rest....**

((Suddenly smells burning and sees smoke billowing through the air))

Oh no! OH NO!! Is it the barbeque going up in flames?!? What else could be burning that hotly?

((Dashes off once more, wiping sweat off his weary brow. This catering thing sure is no picnic!  ))
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:07:35 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
MIKA:

(( Busily signing records and handing them out to all and sundry, totally delighted by the incredible damand, while drinking far too much pink champagne))

Why my album is called the sub-dudes, you ask? Well, I decided to name it in honour of the Mikettes, of course!  He-Heeeeee-Haaaaaaa-Ho-Ho! But there's only one miracle on it, of course, and that's me!

(( Brays noisily (and if truth is to be told, rather drunkenly), drowning out the orchestra's first notes of the very enchanting bridal waltz ))

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2939 on: October 05, 2006, 02:54:48 am »

==CALL SHEET
aka WE HAVE MOVED EVER CLOSER TO THIS:

ACT II -- SCENE # 41 – JACK BECOMES A FATHER
and the Performers will be:
Jack  -  Daniel
Lureen  -  DeeDee
Fayette Newsome  -  Barbara
L.D. Newsome  -  Kelda
Baby Bobby  -  _ _ _ _ _ _

ACT II -- SCENE # 42 – THE REUNION
and the Performers will be: