Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1704701 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
ALMA~

Well go out and invite him in. Ill clean up this mess while you do

**I just noticed that's my 500th post! Yeehaw!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 03:50:44 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
ENNIS:

Thanks, Alma, guess I was just smokin nervously or somethin.

%%Maybe I should a brushed my teeth...%% 

((He dashes out the door, stops dead at the top of the stairs.))

WHOO WEE, It's Jack Effin Twist!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

((  It was a sunny day, everything was A-OK, but by noon the clouds had pushed up out of the west rolling a little sultry air before them.  ERNIE, wearing his best shirt, green and yellow with wide black stripes, didn't know what time BERT would get there and so had taken the day off, paced back and forth, looking down into a Sesame Street pale with dust.  MISS PIGGY was saying something about taking his friend to Mister Hooper's General Store for supper instead of cooking it was so hot, if they could get a piglet-sitter, but ERNIE said more likely he'd just go out with BERT and drink chocolate milk.  BERT was not a restaurant type, he said, thinking of the dirty spoons sticking out of the cans of cold beans balanced on the countertop.

Late in the afternoon, MISS PIGGY growling, that same old green pickup rolled in and he saw BERT get out of the truck, beat-up Resistol tilted back.  A hot jolt scalded ERNIE because he was not careful with the hot water like his mother told him to be but he did pull the door closed behind him like his mother told him to do when he went out on the landing.  Always listen to your parents.  BERT took the stairs two and two equals four.  They seized each other by the shoulders, hugged mightily, squeezing the foam out of each other, saying...  ))

BERT and ERNIE:

Son of a Henson, son of a Henson.

(( Then, and as easily as the right wand turns the marionette's arm, their mouths came together, and hard,

BERT's non-existent teeth bringing blood, his hat falling to the floor, foam rasping, wet saliva welling, and the door opening and MISS PIGGY looking out

for a few seconds at ERNIE's straining shoulders and shutting the door again and still they clinched, pressing chest and groin and thigh and leg together, treading on each other's toes until they pulled apart to breathe and ERNIE, not big on endearments, said what he said to his grouches and piglets.  ))

ERNIE: 

Little Muppet.

(( The door opened again a few inches and MISS PIGGY stood in the narrow light.  What could ERNIE say?  ))

ERNIE:

MISS PIGGY, this is BERT. 

BERT, my wife MISS PIGGY.

(( ERNIE's chest was heaving.  He could smell BERT -- the intensely familiar odor of crayons, rubber duckies and a faint sweetness like cookies, and with it the rumbling warmth of their basement apartment that summer.  ))

ERNIE:

MISS PIGGY, BERT and me ain't seen each other in four episodes. 

**  As if it were a season.  **

MISS PIGGY (in a low voice):

ERNIE, it's "BERT and I have not seen each other."

(( MISS PIGGY had seen what she had seen.  ))

ERNIE:

MISS PIGGY, BERT and me is goin out and get a drink of chocolate milk.  Might not get back tonight, we get drinkin and sayin the alphabet.

MISS PIGGY:

ERNIE, it's "BERT and I are going out." 

(( MISS PIGGY takes a dollar bill from her purse.

ERNIE guessed she was going to ask him to get her a pack of cigarettes, bring him back sooner.  BERT is trembling like a run-out horse.  ))

BERT:

Please to meet you.

MISS PIGGY (in her misery voice):

It's "pleased to meet you."  ERNIE --

(( But that did not slow him down on the stairs and he called back.  ))

ERNIE:

MISS PIGGY, you know cigarettes are bad for you.  Please don't smoke.  There's some a COOKIE MONSTER's cookies in the pocket a my other green and yellow and black striped shirt in the bedroom.

(( They went off in BERT's truck, bought a bottle of chocolate milk and within twenty minutes were in the Motel Sesame-esta saying the alphabet and jouncing.  ))

"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #3023 on: October 15, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »

((The Cookie Monster is delighted to see some of his old buddies!))  ;D

Offline coffeecat33

Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #3024 on: October 15, 2006, 06:31:10 pm »

(( SCREECH !!! - sound of squealing tires as a red and white truck rumbles down the road, kicking up clouds of dust as it pulls into laundromat parking lot.))

%% >whew<!  I almost missed my cue - and this is my debut! Where's the dang A.D. when you need them, or even the script girl!? %%

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:36:41 pm by coffeecat33 »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #3025 on: October 15, 2006, 06:33:12 pm »
** Is the ever-present wind present? **   

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #3026 on: October 15, 2006, 06:38:52 pm »
COMMERCIAL BREAK

<VOICE OVER> Jack Twist: Even in windy, dusty weather, I can rely on my Resistol to resist all!
%% I can resist everthin' 'cept temptation in the form a Ennis Del Mar %%

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3027 on: October 16, 2006, 05:59:15 am »
Clarissa, you have THE BEST sign line, ever' time I see one of your posts now, I laugh!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I will copy it here and here for posterity, 'cause I know how you like to change your sign line often!

"We warshed the rag gently and spun the drum slowly,
And bitterly wept as we bore him along;
For we all loved our warshrag, so brave, young and handsome,
We all loved our warshrag although he'd done wrong."  ~ JBB

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
ENNIS:

((running down the stairs))

You ol' sumbitch you, goddamn! 

((heading for Jack at full speed, in line for a full collision.))

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
ALMA~

((Alma tidies up the house quickly while Ennis goes to greet his friend))

%% this is really a good thing I suppose. Ennis needs a friend. Maybe this will be the thing that can get him fired up again! Maybe I should start thinking of putting on some supper.%%

((Alma quickly runs and puts a rump roast into the oven))

%% I sure hope Jack likes a good rump roast, That's Ennis's favorite piece of meat anyways.%%

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:53:32 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "