Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1677817 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #3820 on: January 14, 2007, 12:49:42 pm »
HIGH PRIESTESS:

** Send in the first subject! **

** SeƱorrrrrrr? **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3821 on: January 14, 2007, 12:58:19 pm »

** Sainted Streep and Streisand in a kickline!!  This is gonna be the acting job from Hell! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #3822 on: January 14, 2007, 05:07:38 pm »

MONROE:

(( Comes up for air for a moment, briefly extricating himself from ALMA's loving embrace: ))

Sure enough, bud - don't you agree it's simply the perfect line when you've been waiting and loving and wishing and longing for years and years, torn between dizzy hope and dark despair - and the love of your life *finally* gives you the "all clear"?

(( Turns back to the business of earnestly trying to break the Brokenarsed kissing record ))

Oh, happy day!!!!

ALMA~

((As she leads Monroe to the door))

I know your excited Monroe as we have waited along time for this  but The girls will be coming home from school soon and Ennis will be picking them up for the weekend at 5 o'clock.   I have alot to do before then.  I know... why don't the two of us go for coffee on Saturday night up to Don's up on Old Route 69.     I hear they have a new owner from the city that has fixed up the place.   I havn't been to a restaurant in years!  What do you think?
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3823 on: January 14, 2007, 06:27:41 pm »

MONROE:

(( Comes up for air for a moment, briefly extricating himself from ALMA's loving embrace: ))

Sure enough, bud - don't you agree it's simply the perfect line when you've been waiting and loving and wishing and longing for years and years, torn between dizzy hope and dark despair - and the love of your life *finally* gives you the "all clear"?

JACK:

Well, yeah! But now I gotta come up with somethin' original.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3824 on: January 14, 2007, 06:30:42 pm »
MONROE:

(( Can't believe what ALMA's saying. Dazed smile dying on his lips, body sagging ))

I guess I thought this means you'd.........

%% I have to leave!?! She's longing for restaurant food when she could be tasting more of me mine?!?

(( Nearly faints with disappointment ))

Yeah, all right.

I'll see you next month weekend, then.....

(( Turns away, wanders back to his car, Alma's letter  stuffed randomly into his shirt pocket. ))

%% Never an easy way..... %%

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3825 on: January 14, 2007, 06:36:03 pm »

AUDIENCE MEMBER:

** Awww, gee, poor Monroe!  Sh*t, that's hard! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3826 on: January 14, 2007, 06:38:37 pm »
JACK:

Well, yeah! But now I gotta come up with somethin' original.

MONROE:

(( Depressed as hell ))

Well, sorry 'bout that, bud. Sure didn't mean to steal your thunder none.

((Sighs))

Hope you'll manage to find pure, unimaginable happiness and joy when you meet up with the love of YOUR life soon.....  Now, THAT sure would be very ORIGINAL   'round here.....

(( Opens Super-size Special Deluxe ice cream box and starts digging into the contents with a determinedly  lovesick vengeance ))

%% Being in charge of the Super Market is good for *something*..... At least I can get my hands on comfort food any time of day or night.... %%
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:42:59 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3827 on: January 14, 2007, 06:49:11 pm »
JACK:

((Sitting up in bed.... by himself..... again, trying to watch the news on the television.))

Honey, ya comin' ta bed?

%% Not sure why I bother askin'. Know what the answer's gonna be.%%

((Flips the TV off and reaches for the tractor magazines he brought up from the mailbox. A blue postcard falls to the ground and Jack recognizes Ennis's handwriting immediately. His heart suddenly jolts in his chest and the all too familiar lump in his throat returns. He carefully picks up the postcard and reads it.... His heart pounding faster and faster....))

%% Does this mean?..... What's Ennis tryin' ta tell him?%%

((Jack let a little hope creep back into his heart, walked over to his closet and found the stash of money he'd put aside all these years. A sizable amount now. He and Ennis could start their own life together with it.))

((Suddenly Jack remembers the fear that crept into Ennis's eyes and voice when he mentioned it last. It wasn't just his wife, it was that other thing too. Ennis was afraid.))

Hell, we're all afraid. We just gotta do what we gotta do sometimes. We deserve a little happiness too, in addition to the fear. I know I do.

((Jack put the postcard in the top drawer of his dresser and got back into bed, turning off the light to sleep. Lureen probably wouldn't be done with her books (or whatever she's doing) until after midnight. As he drifted off to sleep, he developed a plan in his head. It wasn't the sanest, brightest thing he'd ever done, but he was definitely not afraid to try it. He'd faced what Ennis feared already. Wasn't too bad. Ennis thought it could get worse. Maybe. But Jack had to try and prove him wrong... and he knew how he was gonna do it.))

MONROE:

(( Depressed as hell ))

Well, sorry 'bout that, bud. Sure didn't mean to steal your thunder none.

((Sighs))

Hope you'll manage to find pure, unimaginable happiness and joy when you meet up with the love of YOUR life soon.....  Now, THAT sure would be very ORIGINAL   'round here.....

(( Opens Super-size Special Deluxe ice cream box and starts digging into the contents with a determinedly  lovesick vengeance ))

%% Being in charge of the Super Market is good for *something*..... At least I can get my hands on comfort food any time of day or night.... %%

((Jack winks at the invisible and far distant Monroe.))

Yeah, I hope this works too. Might need some help from some unusual people. Is that Miss Snow's Ice Cream? It's the best ya know.... Even the fat-free styles're tasty.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #3828 on: January 14, 2007, 06:55:23 pm »
ALMA~

**After Monroe leaves Alma starts to pack Alma jr and Jennys bags for the weekend.

That was so hard controlling myself right then. Monroes sweet kisses. Just like in my dreams! I havn't been kissed like that before. Actually I havn't been kissed  in years!    But I have to be very carefull not to rush this.  I can't wait for Saturday night when he and I will be able to go on our first date together!  I'm starting to feel like such a school girl again!!  I just can't believe this is happening!

** Alma blushes and giggles to herself thinking about her and Monroe and all the fun they are gonna have together!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 07:05:00 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #3829 on: January 14, 2007, 07:03:12 pm »
MONROE:

(( Looks up at hearing distant voice ))

Sure enough, it's Miss Snow's.  But I plan to keep up the comfort binge till the volume resembles Mrs. Iceberg.

(( Self-conscious all of a sudden ))

It's only because I didn't have time to make my own special recipe ice cream, of course. Nothing beats that one, if I may say so myself. But in the present circumstances, this here will have to do.

(( Waves spoon high in the air and tearfully cheers the invisible and far distant JACK on: ))

Good.... good luck! May your hopes be fulfilled and your wishes come true!!