Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1677834 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #3830 on: January 14, 2007, 09:05:10 pm »
JACK:

((Jack goes through the plan in his head as he looks over everything he's putting in the back of his pickup.))

Rope, check. Bananas, check. Hell, we can git those anyplace, 'pparently. Let's see. Harmonica? Yep, found it this morning. Well I guess thats about it, 'sides me of course. Oh, and this old thing'll go in the cab with me.

((Jack pats the bulging case he's taking with him.))

I only hope this postcard means what I think it means.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3831 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:56 pm »

** Sainted Streep and Streisand in a kickline!!  This is gonna be the acting job from Hell! **

THE PHANTOM OF THE FILM

((Dramatic organ music plays as the Phantom steps out from behind a pillar in the Mexican hotel.))

**Pardon me, mademoiselle. I could not help but hear your cry of distress and thought I might be of some service. I believe I can procure a male prostitute for you from this demesne if you would ask me of it. I am sure you will be quite satisfied with my selections.**

((The Phantom drapes his black cloak over his shoulder with a dramatic flair.))

**Is it always this hot? I just cannot wear this full porcelain mask.... it is so grotesque.**

((The Phantom disappears behind the column and reemerges with a slightly different mask.))

**Ah, this is much better.**

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 09:53:23 pm by Daniel »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #3832 on: January 14, 2007, 09:57:37 pm »
Ennis

%% Finally found a place I can afford, but I dunno, it don't look right. %%

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3833 on: January 14, 2007, 11:51:37 pm »
Ennis

%% Finally found a place I can afford, but I dunno, it don't look right. %%

AUDIENCE MEMBER:

**WHOA!  That's MY house!  I been at this Performance so long, the wife must've give me up fer dead and handed the keys t' the real estate shark! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3834 on: January 15, 2007, 12:45:57 am »
The HIGH PRIESTESS:

%% Oh Jeebus, tell me this guy didn't just appear in my suite smelling like fish and got up like the Lone Ranger... %%

** Oh Phan, how nice of you to come to my rescue!  As you can see, though, I already have quite a long queue of interviewees, thanks to the tireless efforts of my assistant Alessandro, and I really must--

Oh, Alessandro, would you be a love and take Monsieur Fântome into my adjoining apartments and let him get out of his traveling clothes and order him something long and cool to drink.  Perhaps he could do with a nice, 2-hour massage, too.  Yes, that's the very thing for you, dear!  Ta-ta, we'll dine together later!  Kiss-kiss! **

((The Phantom, unable to get a word in edgewise, is hustled off by the ever-efficient Alessandro))

** I must continue.  Everything pales beside my duty to my art.  NEXT! **

** SEÑÑÑÑÑOR!!! **

** AAAAAAUGH!! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3835 on: January 15, 2007, 01:33:04 am »
THE PHANTOM:

((Already warming up to the friendly locals, the Phantom has acquired an accent. He turns to Alessandro.))

**Is it just me, or does thee woman love to scream?**

%% Fish? Smelling like fish? I haven't lived in the underwater complex since CC got married... Some people.%%

**To be honest though, since acquiring the slightly cooler costume rendering the European opera cloak obsolete, I feel quite at home in this country.**

((The phantom mounts the black horse the local stableboy was kind enough to bring him.))

**And now.... Off to find a male prostitute. Tell her Holiness that I shall return tonight to dine with her, as per her invitation.**

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:51:59 am by Daniel »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3836 on: January 16, 2007, 01:44:00 am »
JACK:

((Entirely unawares of the current goings on in Mexico, Jack speeds along in his pick-up truck. He reaches for the radio and turns it on, hoping to find some of the good ol' boys on today. Instead, he hears a woman's voice singing out in soft, plaintive notes. He tries to turn the dial but nothing changes.))

**Well hell. What's wrong with the radio?**

www.accessyourinnerlight.com/03 The Dark Night of the Soul.wma

((Jack stops fiddling with the dials for a moment and just listens to the lady sing.  It was.... different, to be sure. But as he listened closely to the words he almost stopped the truck in the middle of the highway. His mind was flooded with the images of that night long, long ago on Brokeback Mountain, when he and Ennis had finally become truly intimate. Not just a physical intimacy but a deep and profound spiritual intimacy made clearer through that shared gold-lit night. It made Jack feel giddy as he saw the first signs pointing the way to Riverton. A genuine smile crept onto his mouth, and Jack almost laughed aloud at the immense hope that welled up in him.))

((When he stopped for Gas, Jack checked the radio tuner dial again. Sure enough, It'd been loosened so much that turnin' it didn't do anything. Jack smiled and shook his head.))

**That Bobby. He's either gonna be a car mechanic or a ..... well, or somethin' like that. Always gettin' into things and takin' em apart.**

((When Jack got back on the road again he turned the radio on again. This time finding a very enjoyable rendition of "King of the Road", a song he knew by heart.))

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:30:48 am by Daniel »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #3837 on: January 17, 2007, 01:35:57 am »
JACK:

((As Jack drives into Riverton, he realizes he has no idea where Ennis is living at now. He sees an old billboard in a field of cattle with the words "Del Mars Quart + Tand" but has no idea what that means.))

**No doubt those heifers up to sumthin'. Now.... where do I go from here? Guess I can try the old apartment... see if anyone's there that knows sumthin'.**

((Jack pulls into the small parking lot near the laundromat again, looking cautiously up at the stairs, hoping that Ennis would come running out again, the way he had when they had finally been reunited after bein' apart for four years. No Ennis.))

((Jack gets out of the truck and climbs the steps on his own. He raps on the door.))

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #3838 on: January 18, 2007, 01:48:54 pm »

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #3839 on: January 18, 2007, 01:52:08 pm »
Ennis

%%  I wonder what Jack is doin' right now, this very minute?  %%