Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1677850 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #4300 on: April 07, 2007, 12:00:46 pm »
~~Woo-hooo! The Director is in da house!!!

After the big marathon Thanksgiving blowout, we had a nice wacky interlude where JBB hooked up with gravy boat, the High Priestess and Empress of Everything tangled in the mud, and everyone went off on a bender due to somethin in the turkey. Turkeyethelene?? We had a very colorful intermission too, and now Ennis and Jack are together way up in the mountains reflectin upon the Thanksgiving fiascos. Oh, that Laurel Starkey is over her head, big-time, she'll be so happy to see you herding the cats sheep again!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4301 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:17 pm »
The One Who Is Earth shall seek to conceal from his own Eye the Truth of his Being and shall fall down before a False Goddess....and she shall be known by the casting about of her tresses and her utterance of Wannadancewannadance....

**What has always impressed me most about the False Goddess is how she knows to look both ways.  Her mama raised her right!**

:D 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #4302 on: April 07, 2007, 12:52:17 pm »
And the One Who Is Air shall discover himself ensnared of a sudden by Desire....A Dark Satyr shall appear when least expected, and he shall be led by a small Nymph endowed with the Gift of Gabbe.....[/b]

LASHAWN:

%%Why that is just so NICE for the High Priestess to acknowledge li'll ole me and say such kind things!  I bet I'm not supposed to know what she's up to, but there just ain't no secrets in a podunk town like Childress.  You want to know anything, all you need to do is to go to the hairdresser or the supermarket, plenty of people willing to talk about anything and everything, let me tell you!  Just think of li'll ole me leadin a dark satyr - what a hoot!  Randall is a dark satyr!  The first thing he'd do is get lost in the woods; I'm sure he doesn't know how to read a compass, Eagle Scout or not!  He was never really a scholar either.  Lord knows I had to push and prod him the whole time at A&M.  With me being Tri-Delt, we always had plenty of social events we just HAD to attend - It was so important for us to meet the right people, make the right connections, so we wouldn't end up in some nowhere town, but here we are anyhow!  It's funny how things work out.  Oh, well...the worst part is not having a Neiman Marcus...I'm going to have to drive into the city today to shop for a new Easter hat to wear on Sunday...I wish I had a girlfriend around here to shop with, but I haven't met anybody yet, being stuck out there on Roy Taylor's ranch day in and day out.  The silly ole Randall's been keeping himself busy weekends going fishing, doesn't even think to invite me, not like I'd actually bait a hook or anything gross like that, but it might be nice to sit and look at the lake, keep him company, and I could see to it he didn't get lost on the way back, he has no sense of direction whatsoever, I swear....%%
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4303 on: April 10, 2007, 12:37:26 am »
BLUE CARNATION FLORAL ARRANGEMENT:

%% Wish she'd learn ta talk without widenin' her jaw as far as she can. Gettin' sprayed down here.%%
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4304 on: April 12, 2007, 04:32:51 am »
WELLIWONT:

**Hello everybody, I am back finally, I just got caught up to where we are now in the show.  I can tell you that there are only 12 scenes left in the production, and the next four scenes are coming right up.  If I'm not around as much as I used to be it's because I'm busy preparing for my scene, learning my lines.  Y'see, in the next-to-last scene of the show I will be pulling double duty as director and as one of the characters.  I landed the part of John C. Twist Sr. way back at the beginning of this run, long before I was ever hired on as Continuity Director, Casting Director, and then finally Director.

So ever'body hang on to your seats, the ride is almost over.  The lease on this theatre expires on our one-year anniversary which is June 19th, so with any luck we can wrap this up before that day arrives.

The next Call Sheet is coming right up!**
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4305 on: April 12, 2007, 05:18:14 am »
CALL SHEET

==THE NEXT SCENES ARE:

SCENE # 58 – MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE TO TEXAS
          SCENE # 59 – CASSIE CATCHES ENNIS
          SCENE # 60 – JACK MEETS RANDALL
          SCENE # 61 – ENNIS, CASSIE & ALMA JR. ON A DATE

THE FOLLOWING CREW MEMBERS ARE NEEDED ON SET:
High Priestess - Meryl
Props Magician - Anke
Empress of Everyting - Leslie
Laurel Sparta - Daniel
Best Boy - Lee
Cissy Fuss, Assistant to the 2nd Unit Assistant Director - Leslie

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS ARE TO REPORT TO THE SET:
Jack - Daniel
Ennis -
Cassie - Kelda
Lureen - Lee
LaShawn - Lynne
Randall -
Alma Jr -

THE NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME PLAYERS:
Jack's Body Butter - Nicky
Phantom of the Film - Daniel
Guy Raphaelson - Daniel
any and all other BetterMostians who care to jump in ==
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:50:25 pm by welliwont »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4306 on: April 14, 2007, 04:41:29 pm »
Meanwhile, in the production tower, Laurel has become more agitated by the disappearance of Ennis.

LAUREL:

**What's the hold up here? Has anyone called the mafia or any other criminal organizations that are actually capable of finding someone? We're losing money on a daily basis while filming stops.**

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4307 on: April 14, 2007, 08:45:31 pm »
JACK:

**Umm, ma'am. I got a confession ta make. Never memorized no lines, been ad-libin' the whole thing so far. Umm, I'm waitin' for the Closed Captionin' prompters to catch up with the action so I know what ta say next.**

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4308 on: April 15, 2007, 11:29:34 pm »
JACK:

((Jack starts grumbling to himself.))

**Ya know, I'm startin' ta think this Ennis just don't like bein' around me none. He's never really available, always workin' or rushin' off ta be somewhere else, like now. He seems ta have run off again, mid-conversation even.**

((Sits down on the ground and takes off his boots.  He looks at the Audience.))

**I can't believe I'm doin' this for you folks... Anything fer entertainment, I guess.**

((Jack strips off one of his socks, and in a few moments procures a formidable Ennis-look alike.))

((Jack admires his handiwork for a moment then looks back at the Audience.))

**I knew this was comin' someday. I just knew it.**

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4309 on: April 16, 2007, 02:49:12 pm »

STAND-IN ENNIS~

%%my dream come true!  I always wanted to get a speaking part in a real show, what a lucky break!   ;D   I sure hope nobody answers the Casting Call for Ennis # 6.  I am gonna tear down all those adverts as soon as this scene is over.%%

((flips the pages of the script and whispers Ennis' next line one more time before tucking the tattered script into his jeans.  Glides onto the stage over to stage right, beside the fake river; crouches down, picks up blue speckled enamelware coffee pot))

**From the Screenplay, page 71:**

ENNIS
High-class entertainment.

%%phew!!  I did it!  Sure as hell ain't my fault that Daniel is not following the script; he shoulda said  the line before mine: 

JACK
All I'm sayin' is, what's the point to
makin' it?  If the taxes don't get it, the
inflation eats it all up.  You should see
Lureen, punchin' numbers into her adding
machine, huntin' for extra zeros, her
eyes gettin' smaller and smaller, it's
like watchin' a rabbit tryin' to squeeze
into a snakehole with a coyote on it's
tail.

....What-ever...  thinks he's too Goddam special......  %%