Author Topic: BROKIE & SAYIF (R.I.P. - 12th of June 08)  (Read 55135 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Naming that kitten.. -> one kitten died this morning......
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:27 am »
Hey Jude,
I wish them all the best.  It's so stressful, I know, and there's a lot of guilt and second-guessing when taking care of someone who won't tell you when he's sick, won't tell you where it hurts, pretends nothing is wrong etc.  Love them love them love them while they're here, however long that is.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2006, 05:23:02 pm »
So sorry to hear the sad news but you are the proverbial good samaritan in this story so don't beat yourself up.  Fingers crossed for the rest of the family - sounds like you are doing the best you can.  Good luck! You know you will get your reward in the form of purrs, licks & furry cuddles  :)
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2006, 02:45:13 am »
What a lot of love in these pictures, Jude.  Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing them.  How are the cats today?  Wishing them much love, Clarissa

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Naming that kitten.. -> I have more bad news..
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2006, 07:06:20 am »
Thank you everyone for your support! I wasn't going to post, but I think I owe you..

The second kitten was put to sleep an hour ago.. It was much much better on Saturday morning, when it came back from a night at the vet (with baxter etc). But in the evening it got worse and yesterday and especially this night was cruel.. I spare you the details but at 4:45am I called a vet urgency and that vet gave him about 8 injections...... AWEFUL!!! It had 40°C temperature :o  :o When I came home the kitten was bleeding from one of the injection points.. It was without strength whatsoever but always went (tried to..) to drink some water (I fed it water through a syringe).. At 8:30am I called my vet, who I knew was out of town, but her mother called back and said I could bring the kitten and her daughter would be on the way back to Brussels.. I left the kitten at 10am and at 11am the vet called me and said that she had put it to sleep. It was the best thing to do.. but I'm completely distraught by the fact that on its last day and half it went through HELL! What a way to go....  :'(  :'(  :'(

A friend of mine said now it would join its brother Sama' (sky). So I decided to posthumely baptize it Sahaba (cloud).

The mother rejected and ignored Sahaba. Very very cruel to watch.. I was angry at Brokie! The third brother seems to be in surplus of energy!! It's nice to see, but it hurts a lot too. Out of the three, he is the one I was going to give away for sure. He was very distant at the beginning, whereas Sama' and Sahaba where much more 'cuddly'... But that changed and he wants my attention a lot. I think mother and son noticed something was wrong..

I'll call the third kitten 'Sayif' (summer). So it's Sama', Sahaba and Sayif. I think that goes together well.

Sorry about the bad news. I can't help it, but I'm angry at myself, at that stupid emergency-vet and at that lethal virus that creaped into my life and that of the kittens in the last 3 weeks. I can't do with more! I'm wreck and I feel stupid. Two colleagues asked about the cats and I just said 'no cat-talk' and sent them away! My sister called me on my mobile, I ignored her call. I just can't right now.

Sorry again.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2006, 08:56:31 am »

Sorry again.

~ j U d E

Please - no apologies.  You have given love where and when it was needed, and will do so more.  There is no greatness beyond that. 

C
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2006, 09:25:28 am »
What Celeste said. 
It is not your fault.  I'm so sorry it happened under your watch, but baby animals die (sometimes baby humans too), and it's one of the terrible facets of life.

You were good to those babies!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2006, 11:18:21 am »
I am glad you were able to talk about it here. Let's hope for the best for the third kitten.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2006, 11:58:07 am »
That's right Front-ranger.  If anyone understands how it feels to be hurting & in pain it's us lot here.  Please feel free to vent here & tell us anything Jude.  Here is a piece of writing that has done the rounds on the internet.  It's more for those who have lost a pet that has been with them for a long time but I think you loved that little pair as much as you could in the time they were here.

R a i n b o   B r i d g e

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow
Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially
close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow
Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our
special friends so they can run and play
together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and
our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are
restored to health and vigor; those who were
hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of
days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for
one small thing; they each miss someone very
special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day
comes when one suddenly stops and looks into
the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His
eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run
from the group, flying over the green grass, his
legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in
joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The
happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands
again caress the beloved head, and you look once
more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long
gone from your life but never absent from your
heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2006, 01:35:08 am »
nic, I have a friend who always used to send Rainbow Bridge to people when an animal of theirs died.  Thank you for posting it. 

Jude, I'm so sad for you that those little charms died.  Their life with you was so beautiful, I am so happy about that.  Happy/sad/happy/sad.  I am grateful that you are sharing the journey with us.

Clarissa

vkm91941

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2006, 02:08:03 am »
I am so sorry Jude.  I know you must be feeling just awful but those poor little guys had so much love and care from you in their short lives, they were blessed to have found you.  When I had to put my beloved Princess Peach to sleep I thought I'd never get over it, I blamed myself for not treating her condition more aggressively at first, then for treating it too aggresively and adding to her suffering later.  But the fact was my baby had a good life with someone who loved her and your kitties were likewise blessed. }}}}}}}Big Hug for you honey {{{{{{