Author Topic: BBM is 3 Years Old This Month. How Are You Doing, Friends?  (Read 18694 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Re: BBM is 3 Years Old This Month. How Are You Doing, Friends?
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2009, 06:13:00 pm »
As some of you know, my man and I met in November 2003, and had been drifting, living in two houses, but usually sleeping in one, until February 9, 2006, the day of the first screening here. We went to the second screening, and on the way home he pulled over and put it to me that we should stop drifting, lest we end up like Ennis. That seemed to be the choice facing us, so we gradually eased him out of his flat and into my house (now our house). We're dating our partnership from Feb 9 2006 for legal purposes.

It was later that year that I went to Seattle and met Ellemeno all too briefly, but she took me to the Troll, and then to SF where I stayed with Pete and David, and had lunch with TwistedDude before going on one of her Asian Art Museum tours.

We have the DVD but only watched it once. Even those three guitar chords get me going.

On our 5th anniversary six weeks ago, I gobsmacked my man with a framed 8x10 photo of  Tab Hunter  autographed "To [Shuggy's man] and [Shuggy] on your 5th anniversary" apparently handwritten.
We saw The Dark Knight. Hope Heath gets a posthumous Oscar.
So a happy new year to you all, happier for the hope of change the new presidency brings, not just to the US but to the world.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2009, 06:19:27 pm »
Shuggy, it's so great to see you!  :-*

That's a wonderful story about how BBM changed your lives.  Are you going to keep us in the dark about how you got that signed picture of Tab Hunter? 
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2009, 06:34:42 pm »
Thanks for sharing, Shuggy. Powerful stuff.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2009, 04:04:25 am »
Shuggy, that picture of Tab Hunter reminds me of you!  I love being part of your story.  You were lovely to be with, and that morning was way too fleeting.  :-*

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 06:57:10 pm »
I'm fine, thanks for asking. I can't consider myself a BbM "fan" any longer as it is so much more than that for me. It is my beauty, my constant companion. It was my salvation in a very stressful time, it brought me many new, wonderful friends and allowed me to see myself through their eyes rather than my constantly critical self-view. It propelled me to take a hard look at my fears and try to move away from some of them.

Travel, rodeo, broadened horizons, Gyllenholism

Brokeback Mountain and Ennis and Jack are a part of my DNA now. They are melded with my heart and soul and a part of everyday of my life. My Brokie experience means everything to me. The beauty of that story still brings me to tears.

And there is Jake.

And there is Heath, there is Heath.  Always always Heath who took my heart and made it his.

Heathen

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 03:44:02 am »
Shuggy, it's so great to see you!  :-*
Thanks!

That's a wonderful story about how BBM changed your lives.  Are you going to keep us in the dark about how you got that signed picture of Tab Hunter? 
Not at all. You get them online here: http://www.tabhunter.com/autographs.htm. I put the ""5th anniversary" message in the slot for our names. As soon as I pushed "Send" I thought, "Oh heck, it'll just be a computerised printout of what I sent, superimposed on a rubber-stamped photo" and even more so when the "sent" email came back almost immediately, but no, it was written in felt pen, and when he appeared in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNP48HicRQ the signature (at 40" in) was the same.