Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90725 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:29 am »
Well you know its a free country, if they want to retreat and have their on conversations, even if they are about other people they can do that. There is no stopping them. As for me and my world the sun is out and I'm going to go outside and pretent I am in Alberta.....

It's raining cats and dogs here so I'll stay indoors, talk to my buddies all over the world, drink my coffee, listen to the hubby snooooooring in the back, thinking about Alberta and my plee to the Gods of Private Finances - I have to visit some friends - great FRIENDS I met here...... :-*

And to Jess if you read this........ ;)
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2009, 11:40:27 am »
Duly noted. Please be aware: men define masculinity. We say what is "girly" and what is not.

Be that as it is in May, the word misandry (another banned class from The Retreat To Copy Other Peoples' Stuff) refers to hatred and contempt for males. It's the counterpart of misogyny. It does not refer to failure to do proper obeisance and render right reverence to self-described "androphiles." Sometimes the dictionary takes awhile to acknowldge made-up words.

retropian

« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »
:laugh:  Don't worry, Ian.  I'm not letting them get to me.  I was just trying to live up to my reputation as "nasty boy."  It seems I'm also a hick, and if you put hick and nasty together, what you get is a redneck.   :o  Who knew?   :laugh:

Ok good. I'm glad to hear it.

From Jess' comments at The Retreat, it's pretty obvious that she is reading this thread.  So I have one more thing to say then I'm done.

Jess was not made to leave because the mods didn't like her, she was made to leave for her repeated personal attacks on people, often driving them away from Bettermost completely (myself included).  She was warned time and time again and yet chose to ignore those warnings.

As far as I'm concerned my grievances have nothing whatsoever to do with politics, or personal disagreements or dislikes.   

Posts have been taken from here for the sole purpose of mocking and ridiculing the poster, in the most cruel and cowardly way.

I can't quote them directly anymore because the offending remarks have been removed but calling Gary a "Nasty boy" "Flower girl" "The token victim" "Naif" "Clever manipulator" "'tard", to name but a few, is horrible and really rather pathetic.

We don't all have to be friends with one another ... that would be asking for the impossible ... but I would hope that our basic common decency would stop us from taking delight in ripping people to shreds.

And I'm done ....

Yup, good post Susie, and good to know. I thought Jess had left on her own accord. It seems to be a feature of self styled conservatives that while they talk a good game about"personal responsibility" and "accountability" they never never take responsibility for their own actions and behaviors. You'll notice the fault is invariably projected onto some mysteriously all powerful "liberal elite". I'm now done with this thread and topic too.

Ian

Offline bailey1205

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2009, 12:04:00 pm »
Be that as it is in May, the word misandry (another banned class from The Retreat To Copy Other Peoples' Stuff) refers to hatred and contempt for males. It's the counterpart of misogyny. It does not refer to failure to do proper obeisance and render right reverence to self-described "androphiles." Sometimes the dictionary takes awhile to acknowldge made-up words.

I love men !!!!

;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2009, 12:09:07 pm »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2009, 12:20:10 pm »
I love men !!!!

;D

I do too!  Which, of course, is what androphile really means.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2009, 02:33:41 pm »
and "girly" is a masculinity definition? Well who knew?

OK. I'll explain. Just don't blame me for hijacking another thread this time.

Men define where the boundaries of masculinity lay. Beyond them is effeminacy or "girly."
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2009, 02:36:30 pm »
I think women have their own definition of masculine, and I would imagine some men do too.

Wonder who's is correct?

Women might indeed have their own definition, but boys learn how to be men primarily from other males.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2009, 02:47:08 pm »
me three  ;D

Naked men are even better.

;D

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2009, 02:49:01 pm »
OK. I'll explain. Just don't blame me for hijacking another thread this time.

Men define where the boundaries of masculinity lay. Beyond them is effeminacy or "girly."

But men can have all different kinds of boundaries.

Everyones is valid..... to them.