Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90736 times)

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2009, 05:38:50 pm »
Methinks some men haven't had enough women tell them to get over themselves.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »
Thanks for the post, Susie dear.  And speaking as a man, and apparently one who helps shape the definitions, I think you're right on the nose in regards to your "girly" comment.

But I'm wondering why it is that men get to define all the terms.  If they get to define masculinity, why shouldn't women get to define femininity? 

My thought exactly.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48:52 pm »
Holy cow! What have I missed by going away and being out of computer touch overnight?  :laugh:

Susie, I'm quoting you below simply because what you wrote is a convenient take-off for what I have to add at this point. I hope you don't mind!

Posts have been taken from here for the sole purpose of mocking and ridiculing the poster, in the most cruel and cowardly way.

Copying posts from Bettermost to another forum in order to ridicule people? That's just pitiful. The folks who are doing this are really good advertisements for a Conservative point of view, aren't they?

I can't quote them directly anymore because the offending remarks have been removed but calling Gary a "Nasty boy" "Flower girl" "The token victim" "Naif" "Clever manipulator" "'tard", to name but a few, is horrible and really rather pathetic.

Hunh. Most people I know gave up that sort of behavior by the time they graduated Fourth Grade. What does that say about the people at "The Retreat"? (Is that what the forum is called?) Again. Real good examples of good Conservative Americans.

ps.... a note to you androphiles .... being bitchy and catty about other people behind their backs  is very ........... "girly"  8) 

I'd call it "sissy," too.  ;)

So they don't want "sissies" at "The Retreat"? Tell you what, I always thought certain of our Conservative former (?) neighbors here in Bettermost had issues with internalized homophobia. I guess this just bears out my suspicion, and I rest my case.

As for "no crybabies," what about Conservative crybabies who can't accept that Conservatives had their assess handed to them on a platter last November?  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Gay Couple Detained After Kissing on Mormon Church-Owned Property
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2009, 06:52:03 pm »
I've met quite a few also.

Meryl, Rouxb, Lynne , Paul, Richard, Truman, Chuck, Jeff, John, Monika, Sophia,
Chrissi, Clarissa, Leslie, Mikaela .... I'm forgetting somebody, I know.

And, trust me, Meryl will bust my chops as fast as anyone elses when I get out of line.
 ;D

Karen

Karen!!!!

How are you, Honey!  :-*  :-*  :-*

;D  ;D  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2009, 06:58:57 pm »
Karen!!!!

How are you, Honey!  :-*  :-*  :-*

;D  ;D  ;D

Jeff !!!!

:-*

I'm good.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2009, 07:01:59 pm »
Methinks some men haven't had enough women tell them to get over themselves.

Oh honey............  !!!!!

:P

masculine, smasculine.

That's mostly exterior.
It's the inside that counts.

Being hu-man.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2009, 07:15:40 pm »
If they get to define masculinity, why shouldn't women get to define femininity? 

Don't they?
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2009, 07:20:47 pm »
Oh honey............  !!!!!

:P

masculine, smasculine.

That's mostly exterior.
It's the inside that counts.

Being hu-man.

What about when one is a man inside??

True masculinity is not a facade.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline bailey1205

« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2009, 07:24:37 pm »
What about when one is a man inside??

True masculinity is not a facade.

Depends on your definition of masculine.

And, yes, it can be a facade.  In straights and gays.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2009, 08:06:30 pm »
I'll tell you why they are getting their shorts in a wad shall I?  The posts are not being copied and discussed in a rational thoughtful manner, they are being ridiculed and the posters taunted.  What they are doing over there is cruel ..... and cowardly.

(I was about to quote a few comments from the site but I see that Jess has editted several of the posts and removed many of the offending remarks ... I suppose that's something, but "too little too late" as far as I'm concerned)

Susie, I just came from the Retreat and looked at the very thread which is discussing some of the entries on this thread - (talk about cross polination)  :laugh:.
The thread over there it is not open to viewing by non members so try to trust me when I way you are not correct in your assesment. The analysis of Bettermost and its moderators and their policies is rational and thoughtful, and based upon the experiences of people who mostly still have memberships on Bettermost.

It is not a surprise that Bettermost members who spent years accumulating posts and contacts, would discuss the site. I notice that I have over 5000 plus posts on Bettermost, was at one point in time a "supporting member", and created quite a few topics. But, even though I am in the ideological minority on Bettermost, and the Retreat for that matter  :laugh:,  I was never inclined to cancel my membership, as some who have clearly described themselves as "liberals" and are a part of the majority have done.

But over time, as the Retreat builds its membership and friendship network, minor incidental discussions of Bettermost or other sites will vanish.