Author Topic: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts  (Read 90741 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Off-site discussion of BetterMost posts
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2009, 02:04:20 pm »
Katherine, I love finding out that you are an artist.  I'm trying to think of a Brokieism that fits.  The only one that comes to mind is that it would be a sweet life to see some of your drawings and paintings.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2009, 02:09:12 pm »

No. I used to draw constantly as a kid, mostly pencil. In my teens, I did oil and acrylics, in my 20s, watercolor. But that was all BK (before kids). I haven't done anything like that in years on years, but now that they're getting old enough to amuse themselves (most of the time, anyway) I should get back to it!

Joining the chorus of people who hope you'll take up again the drawing. It's so rewarding and engaging.

I used to draw, too - pencil and kohl drawings, back in the day, but RL happened and now I haven't really done anything serious about it in years. That's one drawback to the internet activities, fun as they are - they eat up all my spare time.  :-\

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:39 pm »
Katherine, I love finding out that you are an artist.  I'm trying to think of a Brokieism that fits.  The only one that comes to mind is that it would be a sweet life to see some of your drawings and paintings.

Sure enough!

Or maybe, "Mommy, Crayons needs crayons."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2009, 02:30:00 pm »

Sure enough!

Or maybe, "Mommy, Crayons needs crayons."

OF COURSE!  That's why you picked that phrase, K!  Ahhh, it becomes clear.  I am so excited.  Please show us sumpn.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2009, 02:30:52 pm »
And Mikaela, I'd love to see some of yours too.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »
Thanks, everybody!  :D :-*

And Mikaela, I hear you about the internet taking over everything else. Maybe it's not actually my kids who are to blame for art falling by the wayside.

One of the last watercolors I did I framed and gave to a friend -- it was done from a photo taken while we were traveling together. She hung it on her wall. One day, at a party, one of our newspaper coworkers saw it and liked it.

He said, "Wow, what are you doing in journalism?!"

I said, "Um, thanks. I guess."

:laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2009, 02:56:46 pm »
Thanks, everybody!  :D :-*

And Mikaela, I hear you about the internet taking over everything else. Maybe it's not actually my kids who are to blame for art falling by the wayside.

One of the last watercolors I did I framed and gave to a friend -- it was done from a photo taken while we were traveling together. She hung it on her wall. One day, at a party, one of our newspaper coworkers saw it and liked it.

He said, "Wow, what are you doing in journalism?!"

I said, "Um, thanks. I guess."

:laugh:

Next time you have a hankering to change your username, you could call yourself Journartiste.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2009, 02:58:52 pm »
post removed

Sheriff Roland
moderator, Anything Goes

Wrong. I'm not implying squat. Try reading what I actually wrote instead of trying to "interpret" a meaning that is clearly engineered to put me in violation of the board's rules. When I say that some members are A, that does not mean that most members are B. If you want to know the truth, there are actually only a handful of people that come across as any of those things, IMO. I am not indicting the entire population of Bettermost. I'm simply saying that there are some people that I like here, and some people that I don't like. If I were to say anything at all about most Bettermostians, I would have to say that, looking at sheer numbers, I have not encountered most of the members here at all.

Personal attack?? Group attack?? Hardly. My post was no more a personal/group attack than other posters who write that there are homophobes and apologists among the population here. If those comments can stand, then so will mine. I will not voluntarily alter the post to which you refer, because I see no difference between the two statements. Yes, mine was more "colorful"... so what??

Holla back at me when you and the Admin personnel are done with your discussions.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 05:17:00 pm by Sheriff Roland »
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2009, 03:01:56 pm »
Milo, I have to ask...  who's being dramatic now?

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2009, 03:10:12 pm »
Arguably, that's what a lot of this discussion is about.