Author Topic: This got me excited, and then...!  (Read 8329 times)

rtprod

This got me excited, and then...!
« on: April 02, 2006, 07:27:09 pm »
Scroll down for the "full details" !

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060401c.php

"With the box-office success of "Brokeback" without question, Focus Features have revealed that whilst we will be getting the two-disc DVD theatrical edition next week, a three-disc unrated 'director's cut' has been planned for release later this year. The new version of the film runs seventeen minutes longer and is said to include more backstory for Williams & Hathaway's characters in the film, make the film's rather tame gay sex scenes much more explicit and accurate to the short story, and include a 'happier' ending. No word as yet on a specific date though its expected to be early December (around a year after the film first opened)..." (full details)

JUST CRUEL.   >:(

EnnisDelMar

Re: This got me excited, and then...!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 07:30:51 pm »
I knew they were yanking my *beep* :D

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 07:31:20 pm »

"With the box-office success of "Brokeback" without question, Focus Features have revealed that whilst we will be getting the two-disc DVD theatrical edition next week, a three-disc unrated 'director's cut' has been planned for release later this year. The new version of the film runs seventeen minutes longer and is said to include more backstory for Williams & Hathaway's characters in the film, make the film's rather tame gay sex scenes much more explicit and accurate to the short story, and include a 'happier' ending. No word as yet on a specific date though its expected to be early December (around a year after the film first opened)..." (full details)

My first reaction was OMG is this TRUE!!!!  I want it and I am NOT a patient person...I want it NOW! LOL..then I was thinking I really HATE April 1st

rtprod

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 07:32:39 pm »
Hi Victoria,

Guess it's about the meanest April Fool's Day joke in history, wouldn't you agree?

rt

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 07:33:59 pm »
 :'(    Waaaaaaaaa!

rtprod

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 07:34:09 pm »
Brandon,

I totally fell for it -- you're smarter than me, I'll say that much.  I nearly made a fool of myself posting it as fact here before I read the "full details."  

rt

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 07:34:39 pm »
Well I mean 3-disc unrated Director's Cut?? That doesn't sound very Ang Lee/Brokeback to me

rtprod

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 07:36:01 pm »
But as badly as we're all wanting to see the extra scenes, I think some of us are dying to believe....at least in the future possibility! 

rt

Surf

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 07:39:54 pm »

I knew this was false right off the bat.  WE SAW the "directors cut" in the theatres.  Ang isn't going to change a thing.

P.S. I always enjoyed that comedy/horror film "April Fools Day", it's bad, but for me it was fun.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 07:41:39 pm by Surf »

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 07:41:20 pm »
And there shouldn't be any changes.