Author Topic: This got me excited, and then...!  (Read 8331 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: This got me excited, and then...!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 09:41:53 pm »
Here is my two cents on this whole dvd hoopla - isn't it possible that they are releasing a dvd now as the film leaves theatres 1.) to placate those who never felt comfortable seeing it in a theatre, 2.)  because that is what happens to almost every film after a theatre run (and sometimes they never have a theatre run), 3.) to cash in on the popularity of the movie while it is still fresh in people's minds.  Now I am just as much hoping like everyone else that there will be a Special Edition later with things like a director's commentary with or without Jake and Heath's input as well and/or Diana and Larry, even James Schamus, deleted scenes, etc, etc. So I guess we just have to wait to find out from Focus, but I bet that they will treat us to another edition later in the year especially for us diehard fans. I don't think there has really been enough time since the film came out to do all the necessary work in order to produce another version yet.;)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 12:20:54 am »
Oh yes rt...remember that extended "shirt discovery" scene they showed at the Independent Spirit Awards?  Heath/Ennis was so emotional.  Would have loved to have seen that "deleted" scene on the DVD.

I have a feeling (fear) we won't see a "Special Edition" of BBM until HD-DVD (or Blue Ray) rolls out in the market.  Hope I'm wrong....just have a hunch Focus will wait till this new DVD format is up and going before releasing a Special Edition.  :-\ 

Surf

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 12:23:36 am »
Oh yes rt...remember that extended "shirt discovery" scene they showed at the Independent Spirit Awards?  Heath/Ennis was so emotional.  Would have loved to have seen that "deleted" scene on the DVD.

I have a feeling (fear) we won't see a "Special Edition" of BBM until HD-DVD (or Blue Ray) rolls out in the market.  Hope I'm wrong....just have a hunch Focus will wait till this new DVD format is up and going before releasing a Special Edition.  :-\ 

And please let it be Blu-Ray....HD-DVD is inferior.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 04:59:43 am »
Just bumping.. for later.

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline You-Bet

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 05:49:31 am »
Surf, I agree.  The "bad" news is that Universal Studios (which owns Focus) is in the HD-DVD camp :-\

Surf

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 08:48:07 am »
Surf, I agree.  The "bad" news is that Universal Studios (which owns Focus) is in the HD-DVD camp :-\

NOOOOOOO, are you sure they are exclusively committed to HD-DVD? Last I heard, most of the studios were either Blu-Ray or both...

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 10:52:54 am »
Sorry, I got to this thread a little late, but that is a terrible joke!  I am still holding out hope for a fully loaded dvd package in the future.  I agree - commentaries, deleted scenes...all of it - it is essential for us fans! 

And RT and Surf - I also LOVE the movie April Fool's Day.  I must have seen it 10 times when I was a kid.  And one of my best friends from law school and I originally bonded over the fact that she had the theatrical poster for it in her house - I don't know a lot of people who even know what that movie is!
   Cowboys do it better