Author Topic: Wanna get fired immediately?  (Read 5616 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Wanna get fired immediately?
« on: August 23, 2006, 02:47:00 am »
Try this line, described as a " one-liiner" in Tom Harris's  Wyoming Snow: " Let go of my ears; I know what I'm doing."

GOD, it's so tempting...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:58:18 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

mvansand76

Re: Wanna get fired immediately?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:56:08 am »
 ???

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:01:59 pm »
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:08:58 pm »
O.K. I saw it in context, so there's no way of knowing whether I would have understood it otherwise or not. Paragraph:

"Now some guys, when they're getting a rest stop blowjob, they get on a power trip. IT's like they think that being the one standing up makes them less queer. They grab your head and give obscene orders. There's even a one-liner about it, "Let go of my ears; I know what I'm doing."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:11:32 pm by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

moremojo

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 01:32:36 pm »
O.K. I saw it in context, so there's no way of knowing whether I would have understood it otherwise or not. Paragraph:

"Now some guys, when they're getting a rest stop blowjob, they get on a power trip. IT's like they think that being the one standing up makes them less queer. They grab your head and give obscene orders. There's even a one-liner about it, "Let go of my ears; I know what I'm doing."
If one's boss were to catch the inference, it certainly could spell hot water for the person saying it. In our sexually schizoid culture, anything smacking of sexual innuendo is fraught with peril, outside of a very few particular contexts.

Off on a related tangent, it's very common for gay men indulging in oral congress to caress and stroke the lover while thus engaged. I usually see the recipient of fellatio caressing and holding the head of their partner, and I myself can't resist the impulse to do so when I find myself in that position. So it's not always a case of a power trip--sometimes it's a gesture of appreciation and tenderness. And I smile right now when remembering a recent adult DVD I invested in, which showed two gentlemen of the Old West becoming not so secretly fond of each other, and the older gentleman gently tweaking his accommodating partner's ears while being lovingly serviced.

Is it getting hot in here...? ;D

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:39:14 pm by moremojo »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 01:57:14 pm »
Scott: INdeed, the narrator of "Wyoming SAnow," feels the same way as you, and treats his partner that way--though they are pretty much strangers. he sort of goes out of his way NOT to be like that., I WISH Sid would send the URL! It's a fine story. he gave me a print out, with no other identifying marks---YURG!

Gee, I thought I had a perfect comeback for anyone who was telling me off...but, being female, and the reference obscure, maybe not...

Can't have anything....

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:28:15 pm »
Folkeses, if we're talking about "Wyoming Snow" that's fine.  If we're talking about getting "Lovingly serviced" or "how to get fired" then you might want to move the discussion to "Anything goes" because there... anything DOES go.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 03:44:45 pm »
See link to story under "Wyoming Snow" I have been asked to rermove the rest of this post, including my haiku about...never mind.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 06:13:18 pm by twistedude »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 06:22:22 pm »
twistedude was asked to remove her post on the topic of censorship. 

This is not an "Anything Goes" forum - this is a "Fanfiction" forum.  While I have not removed the entire thread in the interest of allowing discussions to continue freely, I would like to remind particularly the new members that this area is for discussion of Fan Fiction, and the individual threads are for individual authors, stories, books, or topics related to same.

Please refer to the guidelines set out in

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3427.0

particularly as regards "What This Forum is" and "What This Forum Isn't" and the notes about the One Important Rule, if you have any questions.
And if you have any issues regarding anything posted here, or any of the guidelines, please feel free to pm MaineWriter or louisev.

And thank you for your participation!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 10:18:30 pm »
If one's boss were to catch the inference, it certainly could spell hot water for the person saying it. In our sexually schizoid culture, anything smacking of sexual innuendo is fraught with peril, outside of a very few particular contexts.

Off on a related tangent, it's very common for gay men indulging in oral congress to caress and stroke the lover while thus engaged. I usually see the recipient of fellatio caressing and holding the head of their partner, and I myself can't resist the impulse to do so when I find myself in that position. So it's not always a case of a power trip--sometimes it's a gesture of appreciation and tenderness. And I smile right now when remembering a recent adult DVD I invested in, which showed two gentlemen of the Old West becoming not so secretly fond of each other, and the older gentleman gently tweaking his accommodating partner's ears while being lovingly serviced.

Is it getting hot in here...? ;D

Scott M.

I think this is very sexy, very beautiful!  Moremojo, you have moved me! :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 06:17:03 pm by littlewing1957 »