Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120724 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« on: April 26, 2010, 12:10:37 pm »
I'm surprised to discover there is no thread at BetterMost devoted solely to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, so here we go.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:15:54 pm »

I'm embarassed to say that I don't know who Joseph Gordon-Levitt is. Or, at least at the moment I don't remember the Brokie connection. I may need to find an "embarassed"  emoticon after this.  But, please remind me!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:28:56 pm »
JGL starred in 10 THINGS with Heath and he has gone on to do some terrific work. I loved BRICK (tho others didn't); MYSTERIOUS SKIN was phenomenal; and 500 DAYS OF SUMMER was also fun.

Also of note is that he played Elder Ryder in LATTER DAYS - terrific physical comedic scenes.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:40 pm »

Ah. OK, thanks Lynne!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:59 pm »
Laura noted the resemblance in another thread:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:47 pm »
JGL starred in 10 THINGS with Heath and he has gone on to do some terrific work. I loved BRICK (tho others didn't); MYSTERIOUS SKIN was phenomenal; and 500 DAYS OF SUMMER was also fun.

Also of note is that he played Elder Ryder in LATTER DAYS - terrific physical comedic scenes.

As a kid he was in Third Rock from the Sun on TV, with John Lithgow and Jane Curtin.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 03:09:05 pm »
I was prompted to start this thread because of the comments section on the page below, about Inception, the new movie JGL is making with Chris Nolan, the director of The Dark Knight.  It seems like the world in general is waking up to what we noticed a while ago, that JGL and Heath would have been a good fit together as they evolved as actors.  

Also, there is talk on this page imagining JGL taking on The Joker role in the future.   :-\

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE1Sq969cEKE44

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:23 pm »

I have always thought he was a wonderful, fully rounded actor.  He can play
serious drama, and great comedic parts too.  He is great.  He looks more like
Heath, the older he gets.  All he needs to do is get that dirty blond curly hair.

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 11:06:06 pm »
from Perez Hilton website today, I wish I could get the four photos to transfer over, dangit:

Look who is all grown up and super seksi!

Joseph Gordon-Levitt covers Detail Magazine this month as part of the promotion for his new flick, Inception. We must say, he has certainly grown into his looks from his 3rd Rock From The Sun days.

We like! We like!

Here are some excerpts from his Details interview:

On if he was frustrated after 3rd Rock From The Sun: “I would answer that question with a resounding yes. I was scared and depressed for a while. Not that I had any reason to f–king be depressed—I mean, I was going to college and everything. It was not like I was hungry. But absolutely. I was like, ‘S–t, I don’t know if anybody’s gonna let me act. They’ll let me be in another sitcom, but I don’t want to do that. This is terrible.’ Yeah.”

On one day being hunted down by paparazzi: “Look, I’ve met some nice guys who take pictures like that. I don’t want to demonize anybody. But I do think that this notion that certain people are in a higher class than other people is unhealthy. We would be healthier as a people if we quit paying attention to that kind of bulls–t and paid more attention to more pertinent things and more beautiful things.”

On curbing his pot smoking: “When I was in high school, I loved smoking weed. I loved it. But I cut myself to once a month. That was my rule. And so as the first of the month came closer, my friends would be like, ‘All right, what’s the plan this weekend?’ And actually it’s really cool—when you do it that infrequently, you can really trip. In hindsight, could I have smoked weed on the weekends? Yeah. But it was cool to do it once a month. I still do that sometimes—I go on little weedfests. I’m a pothead. That’s my drug of choice.”

Maybe he should hook up with Chace Crawford and Paris Hilton for his next movie! We think they would all have A LOT to talk about!

Read More: Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton http://perezhilton.com/page/4/#ixzz0sxgsvIxS
Celebrity Juice, Not from Concentrate
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 11:31:18 pm »
He played a gay hustler in Mysterious Skin

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlb47MmXCq4[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."