Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120751 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #180 on: May 24, 2012, 08:50:53 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIWGOKW5OM[/youtube]
Published on Apr 12, 2012 by ENTV

Also posted in the Culture Tent thread Joseph Gordon-Levitt IS Bruce Willis IS a Time-Travel-Assassin-For-Hire: LOOPER
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,49939.msg631881/topicseen.html#msg631881

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2012, 04:26:29 am »

Joseph Gordon Leevitt  is bulking up for a new role.  He looks so buff.  What do you think?

http://www.toofab.com/2012/05/25/joseph-gordon-levitt-bulks-up-don-jons-addiction-photos/

Beautiful mind

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2012, 07:45:47 am »

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2012, 12:23:02 pm »
Joseph inspired by maverick Nolan

June 29, 2012

Joseph Gordon-Levitt revealed director Christopher Nolan has been a source of inspiration

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has been inspired watching director Christopher Nolan do exactly what he wants in terms of filmmaking.
The 31-year-old actor has worked with Nolan on Inception and new Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises, and is currently working on his own directorial debut.

Joseph told The Times: "To be honest, I always wanted to direct a movie; it's something I've been working towards for a long time. I love being an actor, but I also have stories I want to tell, and I'm not going to wait for somebody to hire me to do it."

He added: "[Former indie director Nolan] brings that same independence to these huge movies. Nobody at Warner Bros is telling Chris what to do.

"That's the indie thing... it's got an individual voice, of an artist who's got something to say."

Joseph's untitled film, starring himself as a modern-day Don Juan who sets out on a quest to become a nicer person, reportedly has Scarlett Johansson and Julianne Moore attached to co-star.

The short film director has also taken inspiration from working with Steven Spielberg on Team Of Rivals: The Political Genius Of Abraham Lincoln.

He said: "Things would happen that had not been planned for, and Steven would so quickly arrange the camera...

"He is able to capture that spontaneity and yet have it look like a Spielberg movie... It's something to see."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/joseph-inspired-by-maverick-nolan-16179064.html#ixzz1zCRBQaJ5
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2012, 02:57:22 pm »
The short film director

???

I take it they mean he directs short films, except that the film described in the preceding paragraph does not sound like a short. But according to Google, he's 5'9", which while not especially tall doesn't really call for a description as "short," either.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2012, 03:44:09 pm »

The short film director has also taken inspiration from working with Steven Spielberg on Team Of Rivals: The Political Genius Of Abraham Lincoln.

???

I take it they mean he directs short films, except that the film described in the preceding paragraph does not sound like a short. But according to Google, he's 5'9", which while not especially tall doesn't really call for a description as "short," either.

"The short film director has also taken inspiration from--"

"--his own elfin charm--"

"--his piqant, yet sweet demeanor--"

"--his intense hotness--"

"-- --"

Yes??

;D

"Camping Out"

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2012, 04:42:30 pm »
Poor Joseph...
~~~

Joseph Gordon-Levitt 'Disappointed' by GQ Article
July 17, 2012, 10:43 PM EST
Entertainment Tonight

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is thankful to have appeared on the cover of GQ's latest issue, but, according to The Dark Knight Rises star, the article could've been more tasteful.

The actor took to his Tumblr to address a quote in the piece concerning his older brother Dan (a.k.a. BURNING dAN), who died in October 2010.

The quote in question read as follows: "... the elder Gordon-Levitt died of an alleged drug overdose in 2010. 'It was an accident' is all Joe will say about that."

Gordon-Levitt offered a retort, writing, "Using the word 'alleged' technically allows the writer to say whatever she wants. The 'allegations' to which she must be referring were made by a handful of gossip websites. They are factually incorrect according to the coroner's office and the police department. I don't like publicly speaking about my brother's death, but I'm making an exception to correct this irresponsible claim."

The cause of death has not been made public, but the Golden Globe nominee seems to prefer it that way.

"... while I asked the writer not to dwell on how he died, I did say quite a bit about how he lived, and how much he means to me," Gordon-Levitt wrote. "Dan was a brightly positive, genuinely caring, and brilliantly inspiring person, and I liked the idea of such a wide readership learning about him. My parents and I are disappointed with what the article chose to focus on regarding this sensitive subject."

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2012, 09:19:16 am »
    It would seem that main stream media is going the way of the tabloids now.  I would have thought
better of GQ.  However it seems that the most reliable story and interviews can be found, (who would
have thought?) Rolling Stone.  They do excellent and insightful articles.  Plus they don't seem to try and
backstab their subjects.

If this kind of behavior continues, there will no longer be, anyone willing to subject themselves to their
slanted scrutiny.  I know that Michelle Williams has particularly mentioned being blindsided by an interviewer.

It appears that these writers, are looking more for tears than insights about  the celebrities.

Beautiful mind

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #188 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:11 am »
     If this kind of behavior continues, there will no longer be, anyone willing to subject themselves to their
slanted scrutiny. 

They will continue to do it. They hate it already -- who wouldn't? But it promotes their movies and is written into their contracts.

That said, it is extremely bad journalism to say "allegedly blah blah blah" based on gossip sites, especially if the public records say otherwise.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2012, 11:39:34 am »
GQ's pathetic response:
~~~
GQ to Joseph Gordon-Levitt: No Apology for Brother Death Claims
July 18, 2012, 7:12 PM ESTBy Tim Kenneally
TheWrap
GQ is standing its ground in its feud with "The Dark Knight Rises" actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
The magazine has responded to Gordon-Levitt's criticism of the magazine, regarding claims made about the death of his older brother, Dan, in a cover story on the actor in the magazine's August 2012 issue.
"The magazine stands by its reporting, the facts of which are fully supported—and have been confirmed in detail—by the Los Angeles County coroner's office," GQ said in a statement Wednesday.
Gordon-Levitt blasted the magazine via his Tumblr page earlier this week, over discovering a passage in the story discussing his deceased sibling.
"A photographer and fire spinner who went by the moniker Burning Dan, the elder Gordon-Levitt died of an alleged drug overdose in 2010," author Amy Wallace wrote. "'It was an accident' is all Joe will say about that."
Gordon-Levitt blasted back at the magazine, saying it was "irresponsible." The actor claimed that the magazine was repeating speculation and hiding behind weasel words.
"Using the word 'alleged' technically allows the writer to say whatever she wants," Gordon-Levitt wrote. "The 'allegations' to which she must be referring were made by a handful of gossip websites. They are factually incorrect according to the coroner's office and the police department. I don't like publicly speaking about my brother's death, but I'm making an exception to correct this irresponsible claim."
In its response to the actor's criticism, the magazine also claimed that it had attempted to be "respectful" in its mention of Daniel Gordon-Levitt's death.
"Because the writer, Amy Wallace, and her editors understood the pain Dan's passing caused the Gordon-Levitt family, the story sought to be respectful—and brief—in the way it described his death, which GQ felt was a relevant fact in Joseph Gordon-Levitt's biography," the magazine said.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...