Author Topic: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)  (Read 120703 times)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: JGL JGL JGL (a thread for Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:12 pm »
Hee!  I love this - I think he does it better job than Lady GaGa does!  I like his version.  :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:34 pm »
Just finished watching "Killshot" -- fairly good movie, all in all.  JGL was mesmerizing -- long, greasy-looking, dark hair, intense gazes, and an ass that would stop traffic.  He couldn't possibly look any more like Heath if he tried.  I kind of lost the plot entirely, just waiting for him to show back up on the screen again, so my jaw could drop.

Wowsa...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2010, 05:07:26 am »
Just finished watching "Killshot" -- fairly good movie, all in all.  JGL was mesmerizing -- long, greasy-looking, dark hair, intense gazes, and an ass that would stop traffic.  He couldn't possibly look any more like Heath if he tried.  I kind of lost the plot entirely, just waiting for him to show back up on the screen again, so my jaw could drop.

Wowsa...

I think I know what movie to watch next  O0

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2010, 05:54:40 am »
I think I know what movie to watch next  O0

Hey Monika, that was a good reply, thanks, you made me giggle at 5 am here in the Midwest.  I seriously didn't pay attention to the plot much, and I'm a huge movie buff, so I normally would.  Joseph is just so damned sexy (at one point, he gets down to his briefs), that it was hard to pay attention to anything but him.  I can completely understand why the director kept showing him walking down the street, in closeups.  Was like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, strutting along, except it was better than that.  I think I vaguely remember that he plays a killer, but who really cares?  Geez louise, it was just ridiculous how sexy he is in this one.  Highly recommended if you're a fan of his.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2010, 09:38:34 am »
Hey Monika, that was a good reply, thanks, you made me giggle at 5 am here in the Midwest.  I seriously didn't pay attention to the plot much, and I'm a huge movie buff, so I normally would.  Joseph is just so damned sexy (at one point, he gets down to his briefs), that it was hard to pay attention to anything but him.  I can completely understand why the director kept showing him walking down the street, in closeups.  Was like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, strutting along, except it was better than that.  I think I vaguely remember that he plays a killer, but who really cares?  Geez louise, it was just ridiculous how sexy he is in this one.  Highly recommended if you're a fan of his.
LOL!  Well, I´ll watch and see if I´ll be able to discuss the plot in more detail . Wouldn´t count on it though ::)

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2010, 10:57:34 am »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
s=1&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="
s=1&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
s=1&amp;hl=sv_SE&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Who thought JGL could be such a bad romance

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010, 12:16:49 pm »
LOL!  Well, I´ll watch and see if I´ll be able to discuss the plot in more detail . Wouldn´t count on it though ::)

Hmm, hmm, hmm -- the plot, you ask?  Since I've watched it 4 times now in the last 24 hours, I can tell you this.  Mickey Rourke (looking absolutely unrecognizable since his gorgeous "Body Heat" and "9-1/2 Weeks" days) plays a professional, long-time, hardened, sad killer, JGL comes along and emulates how Mickey does his killing without any emotion, whereas JGL has to really be mad at somebody to kill them.  Diane Lane (beautiful, as always) and Thomas Jane are a married couple, separated but still in love, living up in Canada, who happen to come into the killer's paths by coincidence.  So, according to Mickey, they must die as well, because they got a good look at he and JGL and could ID them.  So, Diane and Thomas become part of the Witness Protection Program, and are moved, oddly enough to Cape Girardeau, Missouri, which is my neck of the woods here in the U.S..  Things happen, innocent bystanders die, blah blah blah.  The couple turns out fine in the end, the killers not so much.  Plot is not really the point.  Like I said, JGL with long, greasy hair and a fine, fine ass, playing a bad dude, looking more like Heath than is humanly possible without actually being his own son, is the point.  Even when he's covered in blood, running through the snow, with only one cowboy boot on, he is still eminently fuckable.  (Oops, am I allowed to say that?)

Enjoy  ;)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010, 12:44:06 pm »
  Even when he's covered in blood, running through the snow, with only one cowboy boot on, he is still eminently fuckable. 

You should get into marketing, Mandy. You sure know how to sell a movie

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010, 12:51:55 pm »
You should get into marketing, Mandy. You sure know how to sell a movie

Somehow, I don't think that line would make it onto a poster, but thanks for the compliment anyway.   :D

I'd be interested to hear what other folks think, if they manage to find it at their local video place.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 01:50:22 pm »
I couldn´t wait for the videostore to get it so I downloaded it. Ups!

The story was OK but JGL Oh my god!