Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599033 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #310 on: October 26, 2006, 11:11:46 pm »
You guys have no idea how much I miss that apartment.  I almost cried when they had to leave!  It was always in the game plan that things would go this way...they couldn't stay there, they have to face their demons (internal and external) to move forward, but I hated to make them go.  Waaaah, I'm such a baby!   ;)

Oh I completley understand! It somehow makes it even more worth reading knowing how attached you are to a part of the story.

That apartment was kind of like their Brokeback, it is so sad that they had to leave it and so soon after they find out what they mean to each other  :'(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

one_of_one

« Reply #311 on: October 27, 2006, 12:39:26 am »
I miss the apartment too...I got a real pang of sadness when Ennis was thinking about it.  I can't even begin to imagine what's going to happen next.  I knew they had to leave for the story to go anywhere, but I'm worried about just exactly where it will go now. :(

mvansand76

« Reply #312 on: October 30, 2006, 08:30:56 am »
What can I add? That was a great chapter, Amy, yet again! I loved how glad Ennis was that they and especially Jack was still alive, it shows the passion that he feels towards him without him saying it. I also loved how Jack took control and how they worked together to find their way out of the situation alive. Your writing as always is so vivid and real and personal.

Can't wait for the next update...

Do you have many more chapters outlined? You wrote here that you were struggling with one part of chapter 10, which one was that?

midwest-girl

« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2006, 09:14:36 am »

Do you have many more chapters outlined? You wrote here that you were struggling with one part of chapter 10, which one was that?

I was struggling with the car chase, I've never written any "action" before so I  was nervous about it.  You know, I don't really outline.  I have probably one sentence written down for each chapter and the rest is just in my head and it all sort of comes out when I sit down to write.  I know approximately how many more chapters there are going to be but I'm not sure if I should tell readers or not.  I never know if it's a good thing or a bad thing to know how many chapters are left.

And I'm so sorry I didn't e-mail you the chapter before you went out of town!  I didn't have it quite done and was still tweaking.  Sorry!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2006, 09:18:22 am »
One question I wasn't sure I dare ask, but I thought about it for a few days... if Ennis and Jack were really concerned about sexual safety, why did Ennis swallow?  Was he being impulsive?  Swallowing semen is a whole order of risk higher than anal sex without a condom.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

mvansand76

« Reply #315 on: October 30, 2006, 09:22:45 am »
You know, I don't really outline.  I have probably one sentence written down for each chapter and the rest is just in my head and it all sort of comes out when I sit down to write. 

And I'm so sorry I didn't e-mail you the chapter before you went out of town!  I didn't have it quite done and was still tweaking.  Sorry!

I never outline either when I write, I always play it by ear, and only have a very rough outline in my head, works best I think, but for continuity it is necessary sometimes.

Don't worry about not e-mailing me the chapter! I was able to read it when I got to England, thankfully I was able to get online! :)

one_of_one

« Reply #316 on: October 30, 2006, 09:50:18 am »
One question I wasn't sure I dare ask, but I thought about it for a few days... if Ennis and Jack were really concerned about sexual safety, why did Ennis swallow?  Was he being impulsive?  Swallowing semen is a whole order of risk higher than anal sex without a condom.

You know what, I wondered that too...not about it being a higher risk, just that if you're going for safe sex then it's not just anal penetration that you need to worry about.  I always think it strange that when commenters bring up the issue of safe sex in any fic no one ever seems to worry about blow jobs, just anal.

midwest-girl

« Reply #317 on: October 30, 2006, 11:42:20 am »

Well, they'd already established that Jack was clean by that point.

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #318 on: October 30, 2006, 11:56:59 am »
I love this story and am anxiously awaiting the next chapter. I usually have an outline in my head when I write. Right now I have two storylines going. Well one is kind of going nowhere and the other I just thought of yesterday, but have plenty of material I can pull out of my (cow)boy hat.

mvansand76: are you writing on LiveJournal? If so, under what name

I'm avoiding RL right now!!! But I gotta draw on my resources and battle on. Take care comrades. It's been an honor and a privedge talking with you. Hopefully I'll survive the battle and live on to carry on.

cc33 aka Leslie

mvansand76

« Reply #319 on: October 30, 2006, 12:10:52 pm »
mvansand76: are you writing on LiveJournal? If so, under what name

Hey Leslie,

I am planning on posting on my livejournal, yes! My livejournal is http://cikalakimimila.livejournal.com. I studied journalism and creative writing in uni but haven't written in a while because of problems with my arm (RSI), but I am writing again, although right now still in Dutch (am taking a stab at BBM ff right now and planning to write a children's book). I plan on translating my own writing to English.

Oh I'm sorry, going off-topic again.... ;D

I'm avoiding RL right now!!! But I gotta draw on my resources and battle on. Take care comrades. It's been an honor and a privedge talking with you. Hopefully I'll survive the battle and live on to carry on.

RL as in Real Life? Hope you are OK...