Author Topic: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!  (Read 47965 times)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Unblocking the writer's muse...
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2007, 01:59:37 am »
Evenin'.

Well, sometimes it takes more time.  Just stare at that picture of Jake G up above, and you'll get into his head, and off you'll go, writing up a storm.  Or, you'll just get a smile on your face, and head out whistling a happy tune...and it'll come to you. 

Or, maybe you need Ennis to make you think. He's always the thinker,almost too much of a thinker, worrying about what could happen...to the point of being introverted. Isn't that the definition of his life, to a degree? It happens while he's waiting for something to happen.  Better not keep Jack waiting too long, or he'll happen and move on...NOT!!  They're fated to be with each other...they have to figure a way to talk out their fears and hopes together...and you have to figure out how to tell us about that talk...just like you have so successfully for the past 12 chapters. 

Or, maybe you need to kick back with a Hornsby's Hard Cider Amber Draft...works for me! 

Do I ramble sometimes?! Just so much to say...Ennis should try it sometime. 

In any event, we wait patiently...some more than others!!...for the next installment of this great story.  Thanks.  :)      [Note: first time using :)...just for you.]

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 12 up!
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2007, 03:48:02 am »

I just had to post this pic because I found it today and this is exactly how I picture Jack in this story (when he's happy, anyway  ;)). He's even in what looks like a subway station!  :D

And he's ridiculously hot here, so that's a plus as well  :)

OMG Mandy! You always find the BEST pics of Jake! Oh God, ridiculously hot, is the PERFECT description for this pic AND I agree, it's also the PERFECT pic for your Jack!

Don't worry about updating.....although I'm sorry you're so blocked atm  :(

:-*

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2007, 10:00:34 am »
[Note: first time using  :)...just for you.]

Aw, thanks!

Or, maybe you need to kick back with a Hornsby's Hard Cider Amber Draft...works for me! 

That sounds like the plan for me  ;)

A little Zodiac, a few drinks, I think I'll be in the mood after that!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Kicking Back...
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2007, 12:26:17 am »
Evenin'.

Funny you should mention Zodiac.  Saw "Zodiac" yesterday afternoon.  Long [155 minutes], but it held my attention the whole time and I coulda watched more.  Jake stars, and does an excellent job.  The film gradually becomes all his, just like the search for the Zodiac engulfed his character in real life.  Won't give any spoilers, but there are a coupla favorite scenes for me, especially one towards the end. 

Maybe seeing that will give the ol' muse a jump-start, too. 

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2007, 09:52:05 pm »
Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 (finally... sheesh, sorry about that!)

http://minchout.livejournal.com/23006.html

Comments and Con. Crit. always welcome and much appreciated!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2007, 10:51:33 pm »
Kissing you first- MWAH!-feeding the cats and then settling in to enjoy.

O0

Heathen

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:24 am »
Another great, great chapter Mandy!  ;D

I loved the bit about Jack waking up, and I can't wait to see what happens next with J&E, Dan & JE - I can really sense something building here...
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2007, 09:20:22 am »
**SPOILERS**

Another GREAT chapter!   :-*
You have me so intrigued now as to what happened with Ennis back home!  :-\  KE is an absolute jerk for saying what he did to Ennis   >:(  And Dan!! Wtf was he doing there?? What gives him the right to act in that way towards Jack??   >:(

I really liked how you write Ennis and Junior together, that's so sweet  :)  Loved this line, it's so very simple but just lovely:

She nodded, her pigtails bouncing at her back and Ennis put a hand on the soft hair, ran a piece of it between his thumb and forefinger

I really loved your first paragraph, it was beautifully written:

Ennis woke early and blinked into the sun making its slow entry through the dingy curtains and into the room. Jack lay next to him on his stomach. His mouth hung open, his face pressed into the rough fabric of the pillow. He snored softly, not enough to wake Ennis, but enough for him to hear it and to make him smile just a little. What harm would there be in that? Jack wasn’t awake, he couldn’t see him. Ennis wondered if Jack would notice the smile even if he was awake. There were days when he thought that no one saw how much he felt things, that he didn’t let anything come to the surface. Other days, he felt transparent. Those were the days that scared him, and there had been many of them since he’d met Jack Twist

And I loved these lines too:

“You sleep all right?” Ennis said, feeling warm with Jack pressed against him, happy to have taken part in Jack’s waking ritual.

I also loved the talking to Ennis gave Jack, I think Jack really needs to hear stuff like that now and again *sigh* They both have a lot of stuff to work out and deal with and none of it is going to be easy   :(
I wonder what Jack will do now? And how Ennis will deal with KE? Lots to look forward too Mandy  :)

Thanks so much  :-*

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2007, 06:24:39 pm »
Chapter 14!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/24219.html

SPOILER

Beautiful chapter -

.  .  .He sat for a long moment, his heart pounding with what he was about to do, sweat mingling with the drizzle still falling in the cold night, then he reached out and grabbed Jack’s hand. .  .

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2007, 09:11:11 am »
Jeez this chapter is SOOOO romantic! I had absolutely melted by the end of it  :'(

Feels like there's been a shift in the relationship between the boys here and the love between them is really deepening.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!