Author Topic: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!  (Read 48576 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 4 up!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 09:30:50 pm »
Okay Mandy...
 :-X
 O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 09:54:52 pm »
Okay Mandy...
 :-X
 O0

LOL! I'm workin' on it I'm workin' on it... lest I have an angry mob at my heels  ;)

::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006, 04:59:46 am »
Really all I want to do is curl up with a mug of hot chocolate and read a book!

You really should not feel guilty about wanting to do that!  :D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006, 09:31:35 pm »
I'd like to curl up with a mug of hot chocolate (with some Bailey's) an read a few chapters of "That Little Bit of Hope"  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: O0 :laugh: :laugh:

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006, 11:10:41 pm »
ROFL, sounds nice, anyone wanna volunteer to help Ruby out??  ::)

Just kidding... it shouldn't be long now, I plan to work on it tomorrow afternoon so hopefully it will be up by Monday at the latest  :D

In the mean time, here's great recipie for that hot cocoa (at least I can deliver something...) courtesy of Tyler Florence! :

3/4 cup powdered milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
Homemade Marshmallows, recipe follows

Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Take the bittersweet chocolate and roughly chop it up to give a chunky but consistent size. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then store in a dry airtight container. To make the hot chocolate, simply add 1 cup of water per 1/2 cup of hot cocoa mix. Heat in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring with a whisk. Heat until hot, but do not boil, about 6 to 7 minutes. Serve with marshmallows.

Homemade Marshmallows:
1/4 cup powdered gelatin
1 cup cold water
2 cups sugar
2 egg whites
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, plus more for dusting pan and marshmallows
Butter, for greasing pan

In a medium sized saucepan soak the gelatin in the water. After the gelatin has softened, approximately 10 minutes, add the regular sugar and then gently dissolve over low heat, approximately 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
In a mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks and then fold in the sifted confectioners' sugar. While the mixer is on low, slowly poor in the cooled gelatin mixture. Increase the speed and beat until white and thick. The volume should double in size.

Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with high sides with foil, grease slightly with butter, and coat with confectioners' sugar. Alternatively, you can use a baking sheet, but the marshmallows will not be as tall. Pour marshmallow mixture in and top with more sifted confectioners' sugar. Leave out overnight or for at least 3 hours to set. The marshmallow should be light and spongy when set.

Loosen marshmallow from edges of tray and invert onto a large cutting board. Peel off foil and use a large knife to cut the marshmallows into cubes. Dredge each piece in confectioners' sugar.

:D YUM!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006, 11:11:51 pm »
speaking of Bailey's... I saw a bottle of chocolate mint baileys at the store tonight, that sounds fabulous!  :)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 01:32:56 am »
Mandy-thanks! You just gave me a Christmas present idea-hot choc mix and homemake marshmallows!

I think I'll do a test batch tomorrow. It will keep me busy while you write.

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2006, 11:47:46 am »
That's one of the things I'm doing for christmas gifts too  ;D

Let me know how the marshmellows turn out, I haven't tried those yet!

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2006, 12:39:47 am »
Chapter 5 up friends  :D

Happy Holidays!!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/15100.html

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 5 up!
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2006, 03:12:44 am »
Woo hoo Mandy honey, THANK YOU for that early Christmas present!  It may have been short but it was a sweet chapter.  Can't wait to learn more about Ennis history, I think he's got some relevant history here that has yet to be learned. 
Life is not a dress rehearsal