Author Topic: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 13 up!  (Read 48477 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 8 up!
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2007, 07:55:32 pm »
VERY NIIIIICE Mandy!  ;D

I especially loved all the gentle, tender touches; like Ennis's shy expression, Jack wanting to undress him and being so overwhelmed by everything that he saw while undressing him. And their kiss was just wonderful  :)
The convo between Jack and Dan was really good to read too.

I wonder where Jack and Ennis will take things from here? Can't wait to find out  :)

Thanks, Mandy  :-*

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2007, 08:21:37 pm »
Awesome chapter... I almost began to think you abandoned this charged up story.  Thanks for the update!

Nope, didn't abandon it  :) I just got kicked in the ass a bit by RL this week, I'm hoping to continue putting out a chapter a week.

Thanks for all the comments guys  :D I'm glad you're enjoying it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

mvansand76

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2007, 02:30:52 pm »
That was really nice how they came back together, but I when did they arrange another date? Thank you for posting, I am really looking forward to reading the rest and where this is headed!  :-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2007, 03:37:56 pm »
when did they arrange another date

Good question... That's a draft error, I'll go back and fix it. Ennis at the end of the last chapter asked Jack if they could have a drink the next night, but I never wrote them arranging the actual place and time. I just left it unsaid. Thanks for letting me know it's confusing!!  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2007, 04:43:30 pm »
Hey everyone, Chapter 9 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/17694.html

Enjoy! Comments and constructive criticism always welcome  :)

Offline Bigheart

Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 9 up!
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2007, 06:04:35 pm »
**SPOILERS**

Everything smelled of Ennis, his own body seemed to weep with the scent of him and Jack wanted it to last forever, linger as some small sign that Ennis was actually part of his life and not a character he’d created to bring truth to the happiness he’d been faking for so long.

These lines were so beautiful to me, Mandy  :)

Oh man, thank fuck for Ennis asking if he could see Jack again! Those lines were so wonderful too  :) And OMG when Lureen finds out it's a guy he's been cheating on her with! Jeeeez....

God, I hate Jack being in that depressing hotel room :( But in a way I'm glad he didn't go over to Dan's place either.

I just love the natural, real way you write, Mandy. It's absolutely wonderful. And once again I loved the convo with Jack and Dan :)
Thank you, Mandy. I loved it, as I always do  :)

:-*

Ohh and I'm really dying to find out more about Ennis's situation; what his home life is like, if he gets along with his brother, if he likes his job. Just stuff like that  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 6 up!
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2007, 08:13:27 pm »
New Chapter up  :D Serious angst warning...  :-\

http://minchout.livejournal.com/15932.html

Catching up with some back reading. Have just read Chapter 7 and am sitting here at work like a big dummy, with tears in my eyes (again!)   :'(

I loved your reference to "ain't." Do you have a direct insight into my soul?!  :o  I'm an Australian and "ain't" is a word that is not used in this country. However, since seeing BBM I find that it now generously sprinkles my internal vocabulary - my inner, thinking voice. "Ain't" is there a lot now. And I like having it there. Given me a connection to Jack and Ennis. I'm waiting for the day when it slips out in public. I'll be sure to get a very quizzical look!   :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Just By Looking at You, Chapter 7 up!
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2007, 08:37:53 pm »
Chapter 8 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/16952.html

You combined passion and pathos so beautifully in Chapter 8. You are a very gifted writer.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 08:46:56 pm »
Thank you so much, Kerry, I really appreciate that... especially your comment about "pathos".  :)

And I'm glad you liked the bit about "ain't", I'm also someone who takes on accents and slang very easily and I've found myself with a lot of new words in my vocab since BBM, so it makes me happy that that part rang true!

Oh, and I'm sorry I made you cry at work  ;) I've done the same thing over a few fan fics  :-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 08:48:52 pm »
**SPOILERS**

Everything smelled of Ennis, his own body seemed to weep with the scent of him and Jack wanted it to last forever, linger as some small sign that Ennis was actually part of his life and not a character he’d created to bring truth to the happiness he’d been faking for so long.

These lines were so beautiful to me, Mandy  :)

Oh man, thank fuck for Ennis asking if he could see Jack again! Those lines were so wonderful too  :) And OMG when Lureen finds out it's a guy he's been cheating on her with! Jeeeez....

God, I hate Jack being in that depressing hotel room :( But in a way I'm glad he didn't go over to Dan's place either.

I just love the natural, real way you write, Mandy. It's absolutely wonderful. And once again I loved the convo with Jack and Dan :)
Thank you, Mandy. I loved it, as I always do  :)

:-*

Ohh and I'm really dying to find out more about Ennis's situation; what his home life is like, if he gets along with his brother, if he likes his job. Just stuff like that  :)

I'm so glad you liked those lines June!! You know you always have this crazy ability to pick out my favorites   :)

Thanks for the comments  :-*