Author Topic: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!  (Read 154606 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2006, 07:05:19 am »
OMG, Ralph Fiennes!! I still feel like a teenager about him! He is a fiend: I loved him in "Schindler's list"...

I know what you mean Isabelle... he was absolutely magnetic in that film. Now i love Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley, but Ralph blew them off the screen.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2006, 07:25:03 am »
Malcolm McDowell as Alex in A Clockwork Orange--McDowell, a brilliant actor, brings Alex, a thoroughly despicable character, to vivid and compelling life in this Stanley Kubrick classic. In spite of Alex's violent anti-social mentality, this withdrawn and awkward teenage boy was captivated by the character's lack of conformity, high level of intelligence, and cultural sophistication.

I totally agree. I first saw CO about 5 years ago and couldn't take my eyes off McDowell (except for the bit where they clamp his eyes open. Euewwwwww... eye things freak me out  :-\). I've only seen him in a couple of other things - the film 'If' - which is excellent, and the Brit TV series 'Our Friends in the North' - brilliant, brilliant television, the like of which is no longer seen on the increasingly ratings-driven BBC. He was fabulous in both, and like Ralph Fiennes he leaps out of the screen at you.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2006, 07:44:07 am »
This isn't a teenage crush, and I am not sure it is really a crush, but I had one of the OMG moments when I found out what Severus Snape really looked like!

Alan Rickman

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2006, 09:17:38 am »
This isn't a teenage crush, and I am not sure it is really a crush, but I had one of the OMG moments when I found out what Severus Snape really looked like!

Alan Rickman

Leslie

I saw Alan Rickman about two years ago down in Puerta del Sol in Madrid, and he is quite ugly in person. I'm not sure if it was the whole outfit he was wearing and the silly glasses but it seemed to me that he needs tons of make up to look good, really.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2006, 09:22:09 am »
I saw Alan Rickman about two years ago down in Puerta del Sol in Madrid, and he is quite ugly in person. I'm not sure if it was the whole outfit he was wearing and the silly glasses but it seemed to me that he needs tons of make up to look good, really.

Hm! Well, that's interesting! 

L
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:25:04 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2006, 09:40:29 am »
Well, I'm not a teenager anymore, but this guy can crush me anytime!

Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black

Sigh....  More coffee Brad??   

« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 09:48:03 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2006, 09:45:12 am »
David,

If you are going to post pictures of Brad Pitt, let's post pictures worth looking at, shall we? LOL

L

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2006, 09:50:59 am »
Indeed!  I've seen that pic Leslie, um, and the one that shows abit lower too!    :o

That photo is just delicious!   <drool>   :-*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2006, 01:12:32 pm »
Well, let's see.

I was 14 years old during the summer of 1972, during the Munich Olympics. That would definitely make Mark Spitz a teenage crush. And I still have a thing for men with mustaches.  ;D

I can also count Robert Redford as the Sundance Kid, which reminds me, for those of you, like me, old enough to remember tobacco advertising on U.S. television--remember the guy from the Winchester "little cigar" commercials, who looked like Robert Redford as the Sundance Kid?

Oh, yeah, not a teenage crush, but--those of you who like Ralph Fiennes are welcome to him--as long as I get his brother Joe.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2006, 01:17:34 pm »
Ha, Jeff, I know you have a thing for divers. What was this guy's name? I forget...

L