Author Topic: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!  (Read 154575 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Post your teenage crushes... don't be shy!
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2006, 11:49:26 am »
oops I modified my post (by adding to it) while you were posting.

Yes - he is a very interesting character - would love to be a fly on a wall to hear him nattering away in a pub somewhere. I now have Fairytale of New York firmly stuck in my head - I looovvvve that song.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

moremojo

« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2006, 12:04:38 pm »
I now have Fairytale of New York firmly stuck in my head - I looovvvve that song.
Maybe we could convince Barb to add that as a choice in her 'favorite Christmas song' poll! :laugh:(I think it's a great song, too).

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2006, 12:37:18 pm »
The year: 1966

the Movie:  The Russians are coming!  The Russians are coming!"
                  (yes, a comedy)

The Actor:  John Phillip Law

An irreverent and wacky "Cold War" comedy about a Russian submarine that strands itself outside a small New England town, throwing people on both sides into a panic. All-star cast includes Alan Arkin, Carl Reiner, Jonathan Winters, Eva Marie Saint.

John Phillip Law plays the part of a young Russian Submarinier who goes ashore and meets Carl Reiners family.

Ah, another late night TV run movie that me and my sister caught when we were little kids.  We taped it because we thought it was so funny - another one of those wacky big cast comedies that were so popular in the 60's.  Of course, we never saw them in the theaters or even remembered when they first came out or even knew the actors, but we just thought they were really funny.  We also remember the Alan Arkin 'E-mer-gen-cy..." line and the difficulty had by Russian sailors trying to pronounce Gloucester "Glock-ee-ster".  I also thought John Phillip Law was cute but didn't know who he was.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 02:22:15 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2006, 12:58:36 pm »
I also thought John Phillip Law was cute but didn't know who he was.

Wasn't he in that "caveman" movie that had Raquel Welch in a fur bikini? What was that movie called?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2006, 01:04:56 pm »
Wasn't he in that "caveman" movie that had Raquel Welch in a fur bikini? What was that movie called?  ;D

One Million Years BC

I don't see him listed in the cast, though.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2006, 01:32:01 pm »
He was in the now seldom seen "Barberella" as a guy with angel wings...
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/mptv/1371/Mptv/1371/6232_0146.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Law,%20John%20Phillip

I remember first noticing guys with Charleston Heston in Planet of the Apes. It was on tv (1976) and he stays bare-chested quite a bit. THe scene where they disrobe him and you see his buttocks was edited out of tv. Suprised when I rented it in the early 1980's and he was naked, back side. Can't say I ever had a crush on Charleston Heston.   

I was also exposed to the DUKES OF HAZARD :-\ ( I grew up in Bubba country) and thought John Schneider was pretty hot. I HATED THE SHOW.  He had a comeback in SMALLVILLE as Pa Kent. His character got killed off last season from a heart
attack. :(   He's aged pretty well.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2006, 02:47:47 pm »
I was also exposed to the DUKES OF HAZARD :-\ ( I grew up in Bubba country) and thought John Schneider was pretty hot. I HATED THE SHOW.  He had a comeback in SMALLVILLE as Pa Kent. His character got killed off last season from a heart
attack. :(   He's aged pretty well.

John Schneider is still pretty hot--though I did not have a good evening when I realized he is now old enough to play Superman's adoptive father. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2006, 08:17:02 am »
Here ya go Jeff!     This episode is burned into my memory!    The boys were skinny dipping and had their clothes stolen! 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2006, 10:29:20 am »
One Million Years BC

I don't see him listed in the cast, though.

L

I must have him confused with someone else, then. I never saw One Million Years B.C., only heard about the fur bikini.  ;D

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2006, 11:29:18 am »
Wasn't the guy with the angel wings in Barbarella named Duran Duran?   That's where I read the band got their name - from Barbarella.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"