Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2599459 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #2860 on: November 27, 2007, 04:04:43 pm »
The worst car I had by far was the red Nissan Pulsar. It was absolutely horrible. It ended up riding on the back of a tow truck more than on the road. I could never go anywhere without wondering if I would get back home. It was a true lemon, but it made me like Jeff in the fact that I would never buy any kind of Nissan again. I then had an maroon Oldsmobile Cutlass that had belonged to my father. I actually still have that car and use it in the winter a lot cause it is front wheel drive. I now have a black Mustang which I completely love. Jeff, I think the Mustang II was when they were having a lot of problems with Mustangs. I'm not sure about that, but I believe so. I'm a major Mustang fan. I always have been.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Holy crap!

Jack, I'm dying here because the car I had after the Chevette--in fact the only car that to date has been in my name--was a gold and black Nissan Pulsar, the first model year (1983), and I never had a bit of trouble with it. (Dad sold the Chevette when I bought the Pulsar.)

The Pulsar originally belonged to a friend with whom I shared an apartment back home in Lancaster for about nine months in 1983-84. His mother worked for the local Nissan dealer, the car was special ordered, and brand new when my friend Ron got it. In the spring of 1984 he got a job and moved to Boston and at the time wasn't able to afford Massachusetts insurance rates on the vehicle. I envied that car--sporty, front-wheel drive and all--so I bought it from him.

Two years later I moved to Philadelphia for a job and had no place to put the car, so it stayed in Lancaster in a rented garage, and I drove it when I went home for visits. On three occasions for extended periods I rented garage space in Philadelphia to keep the car here. The last time, I was thinking of keeping it here permanently, but garaging it would have been expensive, and then the Philadelphia DA, somewhat misguidedly, began to crack down on Philadelphians who registered cars outside the city to avoid city insurance rates. The Pulsar was only ever registered at my parents' address in Lancaster, so back upstate she went.

Finally, in the spring of '97, with my dad's assistance, I reluctantly decided to sell her. She was 14 years old but very low mileage because of only being driven locally several times a year for nine years, but I felt it wise to sell her before she started to need major repairs.

I loved that car. Never a bit of trouble with it. Still have a framed photograph of it!  :laugh:

Truman, where you been all day, bud?  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2861 on: November 27, 2007, 04:17:47 pm »
I woke up this morning with my sinuses in full lock down, so I took some sinade, called the office and when back to bed. Had dreams I was living in a gust house and the police had a dangerous criminal cornered in the third floor of the main house and life was proceeding as normal. 

That kinda happened in real life the other day around here, except that no one had their sinus in full lock that I know of. The police had a thief cornered at a store downstairs, and life was proceeding as normal! LOL
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2862 on: November 27, 2007, 04:28:11 pm »
I have been in the strange land of sinuses and realizing we are living one another dreams. The night time ones, not the day dreams. Have been playing with my video camera, and trying to figger out the soft ware, which I have a feeling I won;t remember tomorrow.

I am on my second Nissan, a Sentra, which is like the Chevette of the Nissans, but it gets me where I am going. The first month I had it I drove to North Dakota in it, 4200 miles. How is your sickness doing Jeff?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2863 on: November 27, 2007, 04:32:57 pm »
How is your sickness doing Jeff?

Cautiously improving, thanks. I was feeling much better at home last evening, but today must be Bad Sinus Day, as I awoke with pain the left maxillary sinus (the maxillary sinus is the one in your cheek), which usually signifies infection.  :(

I took some generic Tylenol and some generic Sudafed before I came to work this morning, and the sinus doesn't hurt any more.

You must be feeling better if you are up and about?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2864 on: November 27, 2007, 04:48:14 pm »
Hey Shakes!   Just dropping in to say Hi to my most favorite gay man in the world..  You are as beautiful outside as you are inside..  I'm refferring to the recent photos of you and your friends posted.  Great to have a friend like you..  Save your pennies and come on down to one of our W.C.  Florida brokie meets.  You are hereby cordially invited..  Oh and btw bring your friends with you.   ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2865 on: November 27, 2007, 04:54:39 pm »
Hey Shakes!   Just dropping in to say Hi to my most favorite gay man in the world..  You are as beautiful outside as you are inside..  I'm refferring to the recent photos of you and your friends posted.  Great to have a friend like you..  Save your pennies and come on down to one of our W.C.  Florida brokie meets.  You are hereby cordially invited..  Oh and btw bring your friends with you.   ::)

Be careful what you wish for. They are a wild, wild bunch.  ;D

Scott6373

« Reply #2866 on: November 27, 2007, 05:02:09 pm »
Hey Shakes!   Just dropping in to say Hi to my most favorite gay man in the world..  You are as beautiful outside as you are inside..  I'm refferring to the recent photos of you and your friends posted.  Great to have a friend like you..  Save your pennies and come on down to one of our W.C.  Florida brokie meets.  You are hereby cordially invited..  Oh and btw bring your friends with you.   ::)

Ahem...um...huh???  My life is over...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2867 on: November 27, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
Ahem...um...huh???  My life is over...

Oh, I'm sure you're somebody's favorite gay man in the world.

Maybe Grady's, I'm sure. ...

Scott6373

« Reply #2868 on: November 27, 2007, 05:21:23 pm »
Oh, I'm sure you're somebody's favorite gay man in the world.

Maybe Grady's, I'm sure. ...

Well...I never!!  LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2869 on: November 27, 2007, 05:23:08 pm »

Well...I never!!  LOL

That's not what I hear!  ;D