Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2599215 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3110 on: December 10, 2007, 08:59:13 pm »
Just give me a Coors Light, and I'm happy!

I like those too -- and Coronas.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

karen1129

« Reply #3111 on: December 10, 2007, 09:03:17 pm »
Oh I hope Karen posts something.

Truman.....   advertising your "talent" with that beer bottle. 
How did it go Saturday night? 8)

I don't know nuttin bout no beer.  I only drink hard likker !!!!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3112 on: December 10, 2007, 10:57:27 pm »
Truman.....   advertising your "talent" with that beer bottle. 
How did it go Saturday night? 8)

Well I didn;t get no body piercings!  :laugh:

I'll commence with the epic tomorry..... ::)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3113 on: December 10, 2007, 11:00:55 pm »
Looks forward to reading it!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

karen1129

« Reply #3114 on: December 10, 2007, 11:02:01 pm »
Well I didn;t get no body piercings!  :laugh:

I'll commence with the epic tomorry..... ::)

But you did have a Tarot reading !!!  LOL

I want to know if you danced Saturday night ! ;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3115 on: December 11, 2007, 12:10:59 am »

You and me both, sister!  ;D

I just see my bartender buddies serving lots of pints of Yuengling while I'm sippin' my scotch.

Yuengling is made in Pottsville, Pennsylvania, by the oldest continually operating brewery in the U.S.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3116 on: December 12, 2007, 08:34:20 am »
To start this "epic" I want to answer a question that has been passed along to me, I understand that some are wondering if me and Rich "have a thing". It is certainly a valid question and I would probably wonder the same thing. The answer is no. We are two guys who are friends. We both like guys, we both love one another as brothers, and that is a good thing.

I'd not been to Atlanta in 20 years. Except the airport. I had been to Charlotte to the airport so many times lately it was felt weird driving past exit 33 on I85 and continuing south west. Strand to continue on thru North Carolina, strange for me to be in South Carolina and not go thru Columbia. Then I crossed over the pittiful lake, with its dry shoreline, and I was in Georgia, I was on a virtual blank canvass. I was also way ahead of scedual, so I took some time to investigate the small town of Carnesville, a county seat with an old courthouse and monument to Confederate soldiers. A little conveinence store where I got a cup of coffe for 27 cents from a pear shaped woman who only charged me for the cup as she did not know how old the coffee was. It was just fine.

I also discovered in my car, I can make it from my house to Atlanta on one tank of gas. Something  will probably thing of everything that gas pump shaped orange light comes on. I could be in Atlanta, drinking a V8.

We connected by cell phone before redevousing at his house. Rich told me "you see this, you see that, turn here" and I was soon at their house. I was begining a strange process of fleshing out what my mind had envisioned, replacing the not quite imagined with the real thing. While I was talking to him still I looked around in the back yard. Remember the little house he'd built for his daughter, there it was. More confirmation than the number. It was not long before our arms were coming together. What a joy that man is. He positively radiates it.

After putting up the stuff and cracking open a beer and taking a few pics that were the first posted, we headed out on the town. The first stop was his sisters house to meet his Mom. She is a jewel, I enjoyed getting to know her a little bit. Then we headed out to eat. He named a bunch of places and I picked one called Cow Tippers, because I like the name. It was located in the gay part of town, beautiful old homes and buildings and business catering to the tribe. It was a cool place, the matre'd looked like a blad Colin Ferrell with a Santa Hat. The place was full of gay folks, and I saw my first Palmetto Bug! Our waiter's name was Billy and he brung us our Rolling Rocks with a smile. A nice young lady came by to see if there was anything else we needed.

"World Peace" I told her.

"The election's next year" she told me confidently.

After a delicious meal of red meat we headed off to Brushstrokes, a kind of Gay Superstore that had the most extensive collection of Gay Movies I have ever seen, I am sure everyone ever made. We procured a calendar of the soon-to-be-devine Ms. Winehouse and a couple of movies. We spotted Colin Ferrell again were about to leave when I came to the conclusion that the entire strip mall was gay. We decided insted of heading someplace else we would go to a bar right there. A nice two story deal with a DJ, no dance floor, a couple of pool tables with purple felt, a nice patio area with it was almost warm enough to use, inverted Christmas tree, a charity craps table and a Tarot Card reader in residence. And some friendly, gentle people, all ages, races, shapes. It amazed me, in NY or SF I would expect to see what I was seeing. But this was Atlanta, this was the southern United States and althought a big city I still had not grasped the size and scope of "Hotlanta". This was after all, a "Sodomite Bar" as Eric Robert Rudolph had called it when he bombed one in 1996.

Before the night was over I had to plop down my $15 and pick my cards. Whay I learned was that I have a bank of good karma to draw upon. He told me I am standing at a cross roads and it was up to me to pick my direction. I came away somewhat confused, but optimistic.  Rich had a much more specific experence, whch was cool.

Back at his house we popped in Latter Days and watched it. I love that movie.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3117 on: December 12, 2007, 09:55:37 am »
And before i get going today, a very happy 35th birthday to the most under rated performer in country music today: Hank Williams, III,  ;D

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC-ZFUC9R-U[/youtube]

"Lord, honey, you're a ghost," --Minnie Pearl

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3118 on: December 12, 2007, 10:12:02 am »
To start this "epic" I want to answer a question that has been passed along to me, I understand that some are wondering if me and Rich "have a thing". It is certainly a valid question and I would probably wonder the same thing. The answer is no. We are two guys who are friends. We both like guys, we both love one another as brothers, and that is a good thing.

What you guys got is a "healthy manlove," just like those two guys from C.S.I. (see this week's TV Guide).  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3119 on: December 12, 2007, 12:36:35 pm »
What you guys got is a "healthy manlove," just like those two guys from C.S.I. (see this week's TV Guide).  :D

Healthy Manlove. I like that.   ;D