Author Topic: David's Exclusive 2000 Posts Or Less Club  (Read 381740 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: David's Exclusive 2000 Posts Or Less Club
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:20 am »
they are gonna be the death of ya!!!
crazy animals!

Probably! But you didn't answer my question Jess! Does the vicodin make you itch when you take it?

I take one or two showers every day and I don't have dry skin. I only itch like that after I take it. I wonder if this is a common side effect?

Does it make you itch too?  ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2007, 02:45:38 am »
Well, Jess disappeared again!

Maybe she took off to go drink some vicodin! I never heard of such a thing. I didn't know it came in liquid form. I guess we learn something new every day!

The next time my doctor renews my prescription, I'm gonna ask him about it so I can try it too!  :D

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2007, 04:12:27 am »
Probably! But you didn't answer my question Jess! Does the vicodin make you itch when you take it?

I take one or two showers every day and I don't have dry skin. I only itch like that after I take it. I wonder if this is a common side effect?

Does it make you itch too?  ???

David~
 Being in the nursing field for the last 8 years I will tell you that Vicodin will  absolutly make you itch!  That is one of the secondary side effects from the drug.  Less worrisome side effect, but no less a side effect.    Actually it is a very powerful drug.   Very addicting.   Also  has some very serious side effects you might want to concider.   Ask your Dr. or look  them up on the web.    Please concider you use of this paticular medication!    It's a hard drug to get off of when your back is feeling better.   Allot of the stars have gone to rehab for Vicodin drug addictions!!!  bad bad bad
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

injest

« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2007, 08:45:49 am »
David~
 Being in the nursing field for the last 8 years I will tell you that Vicodin will  absolutly make you itch!  That is one of the secondary side effects from the drug.  Less worrisome side effect, but no less a side effect.    Actually it is a very powerful drug.   Very addicting.   Also  has some very serious side effects you might want to concider.   Ask your Dr. or look  them up on the web.    Please concider you use of this paticular medication!    It's a hard drug to get off of when your back is feeling better.   Allot of the stars have gone to rehab for Vicodin drug addictions!!!  bad bad bad

indeed. That is why I only take it now and again. and only 1/2 a teaspoon instead of the full teaspoon prescribed. It is one of those drugs that if you take it regularly, you need more and more to get the same effect.

When I need it, I REALLY need it. so I am very conscientious not to take it often (A - to keep it effective, and b - to keep the doctor willing to prescribe it!!)

(I also know it is bad to joke about it but it drives my sister nuts so I have gotten into the habit! )

bad Jess BAD

(and no David, it doesn't make me itch....maybe 1/2 a teaspoon every three or four weeks isn't enough to cause it?? You don't need the syrup! I need it for a particular problem I have!)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 16, 2007, 09:02:41 am »
David~

This is really good advice from Geri, David. I occasionally throw my lower lumbar back out. It can be quite painful and somewhat   debilitating, but I never take medication. Instead of medication, I alternate applications of heat and cold. I find this gets rid of the problem within a couple of days at the most. Apply a good steady heat source to the painful area of your back (I use an infra-red lamp) for approximately 10 min or so, followed by an application of intense cold. I take a pack of frozen peas from the freezer and apply it to the painful area. Wrap the peas in a tea towel, otherwise the shock of the intense cold on the freshly heated area of your back will create too much of a shock to the system. Repeat this process as many times as you can. For some reason, this alternating of heat and cold does the trick every time. I was advised to do this by a doctor. Alternatively, get yourself to you local New Age centre and have a lovely, relaxing back massage. If this isn't possible, purchase a little hand-held massager, available at all electrical appliance stores. Anything is better than those nasty ol' meds.

In her book, "You Can Heal Your Life," Louise Hay defines three areas of back pain, describes the cause, and prescribes an affirmation to be recited in order to rectify the problem:

Upper Back Pain - Caused by lack of emotional support. Feeling unloved. Holding back love. Recite the affirmation, "I love and approve of myself. Life supports and loves me."

Middle Back Pain - Caused by guilt. Stuck in all that "stuff" back there. Get off my back. Recite the affirmation, "I release the past. I am free to move forward with love in my heart."

Lower Back Pain - Fear of money. Lack of financial support. Recite the affirmation, "I trust the process of life. All I need is always taken care of. I am safe."

No nasty side effects. No rashes. No withdrawal. No more back pain!

Louise Hay also prescribes an affirmation for those who may be inclined to be accident prone - "I release the pattern in me that created this. I am at peace. I am worthwhile." She suggests that being accident prone may be caused by an inability to speak up for oneself, or through being rebellious against authority.

I'm a firm believer in the positive power of creative visualisation and affirmations.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:05:47 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #485 on: February 16, 2007, 02:12:15 pm »
Well, it's not like I take them everyday! I'm just now finishing up the bottle my doctor gave me 6 months ago when I hurt my leg up at lake Wawasee. There were 90 vicodins in the bottle. That averages out to only 15 a month, I think. I only take them when I'm really hurting. Melissa's boyfriend suggested some exercises for me to do, and I try those first before I take a pill.

My doctor just gave me a new bottle when I hurt my back, but it will probably take another 6 months before I need to get it renewed again.  :)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2007, 03:41:31 pm »
Well that's good David,  Better to be safe than sorry. Some people pop them all day long cause after awhile they need more for the same effect. Just like Jess said.     The big problem with vicoden  besides being so addictive is the dangers of interactions with other drugs.  Even some cold medicines taken with Vicoden can be dangerous. I'm not too big on pain medicine in general.

It takes allot for me to even pop a Tylenol. But I have not ever suffered with a bad back so who knows what I would be willing to take for that kinda pain.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 03:55:49 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #487 on: February 16, 2007, 05:34:59 pm »
Don't worry Geri. I'll be a good boy!  :D

But back pain is awful. I first hurt my back while working in a nursing home in the late 1980's. I was lifting people in and out of bed incorrectly. I hurt it again when I was personnel manager at Montgomery Ward. I was helping the Electric Avenue Manager move lawn tractors from the front of the store, and I tried to lift the front end of one up on a skid. I have hurt it several times since then. I shouldn't have tried to tilt the refrigerator the other night when Cody got his head stuck. But I panicked.

Back pain is one of the most awful things I have ever experienced. When it really starts hurting bad, I'll do just about anything to get rid of it.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #488 on: February 16, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »
gee David~
Sounds like you have a history with back problems.  It wil probably always something that you will have to be very careful with. And yes i know a couple people that have put their backs out almost the same ways you have and when they act up they're laid up in pain for weeks.

kerry is right though. You could get massages to help relax the muscles.  Sometimes that helps alot. And the hot to cold therapy works for alot of people too.

Poor baby! :(

injest

« Reply #489 on: February 16, 2007, 07:17:19 pm »
Well, it's not like I take them everyday! I'm just now finishing up the bottle my doctor gave me 6 months ago when I hurt my leg up at lake Wawasee. There were 90 vicodins in the bottle. That averages out to only 15 a month, I think. I only take them when I'm really hurting. Melissa's boyfriend suggested some exercises for me to do, and I try those first before I take a pill.

My doctor just gave me a new bottle when I hurt my back, but it will probably take another 6 months before I need to get it renewed again.  :)

boy...they just raining on our lil parade ain't they??

Jeepers! LOL!!!

:P

Ya'll leave us alone!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: