Author Topic: The Shrine (AKA Pictures From Home)  (Read 101957 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: The Shrine (AKA Pictures From Home)
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2007, 04:11:34 pm »
You do, Lee.  You're looking at part of it right this sec.

:)

HEY! Good Point!
Way to turn my frown upside down!!  ;D
Thanks
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

RodneyFL

« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2007, 05:46:11 pm »
I just looked at the wonderful billboard photos again -- first time since I first learned about Pete and Eric's role in their preservation.  Guess it's time to share some photos from the Florida shrine . . .starting with the living room wall:

RodneyFL

« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2007, 05:59:06 pm »
The display cabinet in the living room holds a number of treasures, including Ennis' creel case and fishing net(which has travelled to both Bay City and Estes Park, still never touching water). . .
My collection of scripts is on the lower shelf (right), immediately above is the autographed full-page "Variety" ad (shown below).  There is a stack of periodicals and articles on the top shelf.  Right behind the net is a 1971 Wyoming license plate (reg. in Big Horn County).  Hidden behind the creel is a Wyoming 1970 plate.  Please bear in mind that this photo represents the "cabinet" collection that is nearly 7 months outdated.

RodneyFL

« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2007, 06:04:34 pm »
The guest room features the autograph gallery (three more framed 8 x 10s have been acquired since this photo was taken) . . .
And over the bed and in the corner are these lovely framed items:

RodneyFL

« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2007, 06:09:26 pm »
In my bedroom I have hanging next to the bed the 4 x 6 vinyl banner movie poster that was exhibited at both the LA and NYC premieres and autographed by 16.  Ang Lee smudged his signature and signed a second time!  This banner is currently in NY and will be the backdrop for my 6 shows coming in July and August!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2007, 06:13:05 pm »
Wowie, Rodney, that's a high-class shrine, sure enough!  Thanks for those great pics.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

RodneyFL

« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2007, 06:22:42 pm »
And recently acquired and shipped to NY (also gonna participate in my shows) are two pieces of the late camping cookware, as shown on my living room sofa . . .
Just since the BBQ, I was able to make arrangements to acquire another collector's impressive array of BBM memorabilia, including the "J. AGUIRRE" and "Trespassers will be shot" signs, an autographed copy (Heath and Jake) of the film trailer, a crew gift belt buckle, the complete cast/crew call lists for the entire production, additional copies of scripts, and two large plastic-lidded storage boxes full of photographs, periodicals, books, CDs, DVDs -- 115 inventoried items.  More to come about this treasure trove . . .
Here I am with the fishing gear in the gathering room at the Twin Sisters Lodge (the BBQ Lodge) in Estes Park:

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2007, 06:51:26 pm »
it makes my paultry shrine

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6859.msg130660.html#msg130660

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6859.msg130677.html#msg130677

look sad in comparison...

Now when will you two host a brokie competition where the winner will get to do a 2 minute trolley dash round your homes?! I promise to buy lots of raffle tickets!!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2007, 07:59:01 pm »
Wow!
Rodney I just don't know what to say!
That is fantastic!
Thaks for sharing. ;D
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline nova20194

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2007, 08:22:55 pm »

Finally had my "autographed" poster (not convinced of the authenticity of the autographs) framed a few weeks ago, but haven't yet figured out "photobucket" or anything like that.  Maybe I'll post a pic of it some time soon.
I have some other items too, but I'm much too unorganized to have a shrine.