Author Topic: BBM Theatre Pictures  (Read 24641 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BBM Theatre Pictures
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 02:51:01 am »
Thanks for posting that picture Shakes!  :D

Ok, anybody esle got anymore BBM Theatre pics?

mvansand76

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2006, 05:54:41 pm »
Oh I have never seen this thread, this is absolutely wonderful, it's so much fun to look through all the posts and see the cinemas where you have seen BBM. Thought I'd do a bump of this thread with some pictures.

The poster at the Tuschinski theatre in Amsterdam:

And this is the theatre (Tuschinksi) where I saw the movie for the fourth time!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2006, 06:36:43 pm »

God. That theatre is beautiful!  :D

I wish our theatres looked like that over here.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2007, 06:13:30 pm »
Here is a photo of the marquee at the Bridge theater in San Francisco during the last week of the movie being shown in the San Francisco area last April or May. This photo was shot the night before the marquee was changed to the next film. In other words, this view is one of the last visualities of Brokeback Mountain on a theater marquee during its initial run.

I asked the theater manager to rework the marquee to show only Brokeback Mountain; the front elevation had been featuring the upcoming attractions, and I thought such a photo for history and posterity ought not be tainted by anything other than BBM. After much discussion and salesmanship, he agreed, if I helped, which of course I was glad to do.

In honor of the last week, I had a florist make a display for the lobby; it was very nice, too. Red roses for passion, yellow roses for farewell, and pine twigs for Wyoming mountain motif. To add to the motif, the arrangement as on a bed of rock and drift wood. I sent it anonymously (and feel OK mentioning it here as I remain anonymous!) as a personal thanks as well as a congratulatory symbol for the last week of the film's run. The popcorn concession's girl told me they thought that the director or production company had sent it; is that not wonderful?

I shot two roles of film for this. The marquee is neon and goes through a regimen of lighting each letter of the Bridge name, then highlighting the entire display with lots of red neon. The timing is very fast so getting the all blue name was tough. I think the all blue is perfect.

What's more perfect is the name. I have been enjoying the name Bridge associated with BBM. The story bridges two wonderful men's lives. The film bridges many thoughts, yearnings, ideas, and emotions. A bridge is a linking of two important entities. Ennis and Jack created a Bridge we know as Brokeback, in many ways.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 06:17:56 pm by HerrKaiser »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2007, 12:09:51 am »
Ooo!   great pic!    Thanks for sharing that.  Night photos can be so difficult to get just right.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2007, 02:10:25 pm »
And he got them to have all the letters in black  :D, as opposed to my picture with the red "N" LOL.
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,697.msg10087.html#msg10087

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2008, 10:23:24 am »
Comeback for an old, old thread  :)
I saw BBM in theatre again two days ago and took some pics of the theatre. The theatre is in Kaiserslautern, Germany. The Americans living here call it "K-Town" because they say it's hard to pronounce and spell for them  ;D

The theatre:

The showcase with BBM and I'm not There poster. An employee of the theatre saw that I took pictures and offered to open the showcase extra for me, so I wouldn't have the reflection of the pane on the pic  :D. What a nice guy.

Another poster shows the 10+1 Commandments for moviegoers. It's pretty funny. One commandment was: Cry as much as you want. It's dark and nobody will see you. I took this to heart.  :-\

I found the yin and yang symbols on the poster cool  8)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2008, 10:29:02 am »
Terrific pictures from K-town Chrissi!

How wonderful to see the BBM poster next to the I'm Not There one. That was great.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2008, 10:56:34 am »
You saw it in the cinema again too, Chrissi, how was the experience for you? Did you cry big tears at the very end like I did? God it was heartbreaking to watch Heath step out of the frame.

Thanks for the pics!

:-*

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2008, 12:04:11 am »
Thanks for posting the pictures Chrissi!  :D