Author Topic: The Only Thing That's Real, by littleguitar  (Read 16205 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 3 up!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 05:45:29 pm »
The Only Thing That's Real, Chapter 4 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/20161.html

Enjoy!

Comments and con crit always welcome  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 3 up!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 06:01:26 pm »
The Only Thing That's Real, Chapter 4 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/20161.html

Enjoy!

Comments and con crit always welcome  :-*

WONDERFUL!!

*off to read*

:-*

Offline Bigheart

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 4 up!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 07:15:59 pm »
**SPOILERS**

This was a WONDERFUL chapter, Mandy  :)   I loved it  :) I left the same kind of comment on your journal but thought I'd post it here too.  Loved these parts:

Jack smiled at him then slipped down off the couch. After a moment’s hesitation, Ennis turned and watched him cross the room, watched the play of muscles beneath the pale skin, smiled when Jack scratched his ass lazily. He’d never done this before, never let himself watch another man. He’d known he wanted to, that wasn’t new information, but he’d always kept that instinct reigned close, afraid of what would happen if someone noticed, or, even worse, if it led to something more. Well now that something more had happened and he fought back the feelings in his stomach, those ones he couldn’t quite name that screamed that this thing he was doing was wrong, and he let his eyes rest on Jack, take him in inch by inch, holding that image in his mind so he could call it back later on some Jackless day

I think some Jackless day is just brilliant!

Jack laughed again, though it came out soft this time, and he ran a hand across Ennis’ cheek, pulling his eyes back to his own. “You are a shy one, aren’t you?” he whispered. He kissed him soft on the bridge of his nose, between his eyes and Ennis hitched a breath at the feel of his eyelashes’ flutter on Jack’s cheek. “Would you like that, Ennis? If we went further?” 

I loved the whole sweet, tender and hot loving part. You wrote that beautifully, with so much love  :)   I love me a Loud!Jack during sex!   ::)  Heh and Blushing!Ennis is just the sweetest   :)

I'm sad Ennis had to go and f*** up things the way he did though *sigh*  :'(   I know he doesn't mean to and that he's confused and scared but still....*sighs again* Somebody commented that it was like when Ennis punched Jack up on Brokeback and she is so right   :(

I also really really loved your take on what happened to Ennis as a small child; that was brilliantly done.

As always the talk with the dead person was wonderful. I enjoy those parts of the chapters so much  :) Loved this little line:

dull green eyes the color of pond moss in springtime

KE was great, as always  ;D

LOVE this fic, Mandy, so much  :-*  :-*

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 11:15:49 pm »
June, you make my night  :-* :-*

I'm so glad you liked it!! This one is all for you, if you hadn't given me the plot bunny it would have never been written  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 11:38:52 pm »
VERY enjoyable chapter, Mandy. Well except for Ennis's faux pas when he drops Jack off. Hopefully Ennis will find a sweet way to make up for it.  ;)

cc33

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 05:11:08 am »
Gosh Girl you are just so very very talented!  You truly have a way with words Mandy. Your choice of words and turn of phrase, just beautiful  Very nice Chapter.  I wanted to thump Ennis on the head when he told Jack he wanted to just forget it ever happened.  Merde! Poor Jack, you wrote his reaction so perfectly.  He's been hurt before and he expects little else...but I think he was beginning to allow himself to hope things with Ennis would be different, we all know how awful that would feel.  Ennis has got some serious ground to regain....but he will  ;D  I continue to love K.E. and June when we see her and the interactions with the deceased....WONDERFUL!  That was always some of the best stuff on SFU and I was so bummed in the 3rd season when they stopped doing that.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 10:19:57 pm »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »
Chapter 5 up!

http://minchout.livejournal.com/21867.html

WONDERFUL as always, Mandy! SO much to love about this update :)
I too was happy to see Ennis showing up at Jack's. I was really worried about that after the last chapter. I can't say I blame Jack for reacting the way he did. I also loved reading about Jack's art and loved what Ennis had to say about it :)

“But, yeah, I like it.” And he did, there was something angry about it, something that screamed things that he wondered if Jack had ever spoken out loud, that he wondered if Jack might someday tell him. It was as if all that was dark in Jack was flayed across that canvas, dripping from one side to the next, filling in all the corners; the dark parts of Jack he hid under the chatter and smiles

Beautiful writing, Mandy.
I LOL at Peter, Paul and fucking Mary! Hahaha!  ;D
Loved their hot and heavy loving and loved Ennis calling Jack a little shit! Heh  :D

Loved these intense lines too, Mandy *sigh* I just love your writing:

He slid slowly down until he was lay on top of Ennis. He let his wrists go and ran his hands up Ennis’ sides and kissed his mouth, a slow, open mouth, gentle thing, and Ennis shivered at the sudden shift in mood.

Gorgeous.

He ran a hand through Jack’s hair and shut his eyes, afraid to move anymore, afraid he would disrupt whatever force was allowing him to just lay here, happy for a time with Jack Twist against him.

So sweet.

Also really really loved Ennis going back to kiss Jack and reassuring him he'd be back. I think Jack really needed that.

Sorry to quote half the chapter, Mandy! LOL  ;D  I just can't help myself! It's all so good and beautiful. Thank you, Mandy!  :-* I guess you know by now how much I LOVE this fic!
I agree with Chas about your KE. I've adored him right from the very first chapter! He's perfect :)

:-*

mvansand76

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 5 up!
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 03:31:46 am »
Oh I am so glad they left each other on a good note now...  :D

Offline littleguitar

Re: The Only Thing That's Real, chapter 5 up!
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 09:44:27 pm »
The Only Thing That's Real, Chapter 6 :D

http://minchout.livejournal.com/22632.html

comments and con. crit. always welcome and much appreciated!!