Author Topic: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.  (Read 10767 times)

mvansand76

Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:04:18 pm »
Fewer questions.... but..... more EXTREME!!!!

Wuuuuhaaaahaaaahaaaahaaaa  :laugh:

Well, OK, not that extreme... but oh well... I'm trying.... :P

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?

10. Who is your best friend and why?

Scott6373

Re: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:33:47 pm »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  The Queen (don't get me wrong, Helen was great...it just lacked...fashion sense)

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  Jenny Craig

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?  Allowing that the future can never really be changed...FNIT...I would tell Ennis not to.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  We realized what we feared was true

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?  The Republican Party

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?  "A Lesson Before Dying"

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  That I was hungry

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?  Hell no

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?  Sex with the lights on

10. Who is your best friend and why? My dog...do you need to ask more?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 05:53:32 pm »
Melissa! These questions are REALLY good... and hard too! I noticed YOU even avoided answering them!  :o

Haha. Okay, here I go....

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been? I would have LOVED to play Jack in "Brokeback Mountain", but that's too easy, isn't it? Probably Jack in "Titanic". I don't know why. It's one of my favorite movies after BBM, and I think it would have been fun to have played a major role in it.

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech? God probably. I know many disagree with me, but I really do feel God plays a major role in our lives. I would also thank my family and friends for all their encouragement (assuming they did encourage me).

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?The part where Jack redlined it all the way to Ennis. I would tell Ennis to WAKE UP! He is allowing a beautiful relationship to slip right through his hands.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001? I try very hard not to think about September 11. I lost a good friend that day. He lost his life in the north tower. I have heard many of the arguments though, and they are quite compelling. It wouldn't surprise me at all if our government had something to do with it, but I really don't know. I don't know what to think.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?The Ku Klux Klan. It is such a HATEFUL organization. I would love to infiltrate it and destroy it. They are not as influential as they used to be, but they are still around.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie? "Together Alone" by Barbara Delinsky. It is a beautiful story about loss and redemption.

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?Simply how much her story impacted my life and the lives of many people around me. I'm sure she's heard this a million times before, but it would make me feel better!

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?Melissa! How embarrassing! Yes, I have. I've dropped things on the floor before, and picked it back up and put it on my plate. I wouldn't do this to other people though (IE if I was cooking for others and dropped something on the floor.)

9. Can you name one of your neuroses? I sometimes get paranoid in crowds. I don't freak out or anything, but I will sometimes begin to feel very nervous. I also hate being alone in my house at night.

10. Who is your best friend and why? My Grandfather. He taught me many things about myself and about my history and my family's history. He also taught me how to speak a foreign language when I was very young. He took a special interest in me and I miss him very much. Rodney is probably my best friend who is still living. And why? For the same reasons I just listed. He takes a special interest in me. He sees me for who I am, and that is a very powerful thing.

God, those were really hard questions and very good ones too! Thanks so much Melissa! You are really good at this!  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 05:59:52 pm »
Nice try on the *Extreme* part, Melissa ..  ;D
I was expecting something more, um, hardcore than this ..  :P
Here goes ..

The tent/bedroll in Brokeback mountain ..  ;D

My folks.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?

Second tent scene, to experience the tenderness first hand.
Yeah, kinky and voyeurish but U asked!  ;D

A black cloud came upon us all ..

CIA

Some of the fanfictions from some of our own Bettermostians, for sure ..

I would simply say:  "Dear lady, I wish you knew the magnitude of what you have started.. I wish you knew.."

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?
Yap, that's why I try to keep my floors clean.  ;D

I am scared of heights .. I get dizzy ..

10. Who is your best friend and why?
She moved away from here a while back.  That was hard. 
She was the first person I could tell all my secrets to .. It was a special friendship.
After 1 day, we felt like we'd known each other for years, we just clicked.  It was one of those things ..
I miss her ..  :-\

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:46 pm »
Oh, these are addictive, Mel!!

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been? I would like to play the role of Lord Orlando, from the movie Orlando by Sally Potter. It's from the book by Virginia Woolf about an enchanted boy who ends up living 400 years as both a man and a woman.

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech? If I were to receive an Oscar for anything, it would be for my writing, so I would thank my high school English teacher, Mrs. Grandy, who encouraged me to become a writer.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do? That is such a hard one. I would step in during the lassoing and wrestling scene during the last day on the mountain, and I would have the courage (I hope) to say the things that were unsayable during the next 20 years in the original version. Even if it was only to whisper in Jack's ear!

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001? It has been pretty well established that radical young men primarily from Saudi Arabia pulled a stunt to get the world's attention. And Saudi Arabia has never had to answer for this.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate? The cartel of oil company executives.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie? The Time Traveler's Wife

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself? About how she has changed my life and given me new inspiration for achieving new world-changing things even though I am no longer young.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor? I subscribe to the 11-second rule. Anything on the floor for less than 11 seconds is okay to eat.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses? I obsessively apply Burt's Bees hand salve--to my feet. I am secretly a Cassie.

10. Who is your best friend and why? My daughter and son are my best friends, and my Brokie friends are a close third, because, well, they are Brokies!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 06:29:16 pm »
Oh, these are addictive, Mel!!

10. Who is your best friend and why? My daughter and son are my best friends, and my Brokie friends are a close third, because, well, they are Brokies!!

Yes they are addictive, Lee. Why don't you write us a "fix" for our addiction? You would be good at it too!

I love the relationship you have with your children, Lee! I think it's amazing and wonderful. If only other parents could think of their children the way you do. The world would be a much better place.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 10:00:14 pm »

I'm not a big fan of being in the theater arts.  Being in front of a crowd and having to memorize lines always made me sick to my stomach, so it's nothing I've ever considered doing or even wanting to do.

When they're about to part after coming down from the mountain.  I would be the voice and spirit of reason from the wilderness and shake Ennis till his boots rattled.  He's leaving you idiot!  Tell him you want to stay in touch!! 

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  A group of fanatics, trained and brainwashed by more fanatics decided to give the US a black eye.  Not sure why.  At the time, I thought it was because of our politics in always backing Israel, but that doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.  It appears that the West's very existence just seems to piss them off a great deal.

The Masons.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?  Too many, but the one that sticks in my mind - it's a book I would pay massive amounts of money to see as a movie is the Lord John series by Diana Gabaldon.  Very romantic (not in that sense).  A young British Lord and Major who happens to be gorgeous and gay solving mysteries in 18th century London.

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  Not much.  I'd be more interested in what she was doing and thinking.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?   ???

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?  Acrophobia (fear of heights)

10. Who is your best friend and why?  I'd like to say I have one, but I really don't.  I have a couple of people I call best friends, but in truth, we've had issues in the last few years that I can't really get past that threw a big monkey wrench in my ever confiding truly personal things to them.  So I don't.  I'd like to, but I don't.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:59:16 pm by delalluvia »

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 10:51:57 pm »

Oh wow, I don't know, I am shy and I can't act.  Wait, you know who, the waitress that we never saw in BBM.

Whoever actually gave me the part.

I would have to say at the trailer after the mountain, and I would say 'No, your not going to leave like this, you have got to really talk to each other and admit what you feel.'

I don't know, but I watched the WTC going up as a little girl, and I saw it very often much of my life. If ever you were unsure of where you were, all you had to do was look for the WTC.  I do believe that all those poor people been used for bad and in vain by too many people who are supposed to be smart.

I have no idea.

Something by Flannery O'Conner

About myself, I don't know, I would just thank her, and try to find out more.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor? No, wait, yes.

Let's see, I guess still worrying about what people think of me.

10. Who is your best friend and why? Honestly, I had two real best friends in my life, but unfortunately, none right now I admit.  I hope there will be a third.

What great questions!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 11:00:44 pm by marlb42 »

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 12:00:45 am »
I haven't read any other replies, on purpose.
But I will read all later.

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  Jacques Cousteau

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  "I would like to zank all ze zeafood zat made zis posseble."

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?    I would step in while the message was coming up the mountain - "Bring em down", and I would have changed the message to "Bring em down next week".  I would give Jack and Ennis a week's notice of what was going to happen.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  Saudi Arabia bought America.  That was the delivery date.  A shipment of scared americans.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?    None.  I don't want to get caught up in that.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?    Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston - a Newfoundland book.  Leads up to how we became part of Canada (in 1949).

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  We would probably talk about recipes, depending what's  in season.  I think Annie knows about me from mutual friends.  I know about her, but I don't push it.  I intend to meet her next summer when she visits Newfoundland.   Might be rhubarb season when I meet her.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?    Yes, one fall I was visiting my aunt, who had a crabapple tree in her back yard.   I was surprised that she didn't plan to make any preserves from it.   So I picked a small bunch and we cooked them and sweetened them until they were lovely.  She was so proud of them and held the pot upside down to show that as it cooled it got nice and thick without pectin.  It was fairly thick, but not thick enough or cold enough.  All the applesauce landed on the floor.   The floor was very clean. and I scooped up most of the applesauce and put it back into the pot.   And what we left on the floor, we mopped up with home made bread as we sat there laughing and eating bread and jam off the floor.   My Aunt Mary has since suffered from Alzheimers and passed away.  But I have the memory of that visit, all the things we did that weekend and eating apple "bread and jam" off the kitchen floor. 

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?    Fear of not being in control of my life.

10. Who is your best friend and why?    My best platonic friend is a cousin who calls often, we always picnic when she's in town, no matter the weather.   She always gets the nicest baseball hat for me.   This time it was an Iditarod cap.   She understands Brokeback and me.   I would miss her so much, and her - me.

Very nice questions.

Thanks Snuitje
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:10:11 am by Toast »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 12:24:48 am »
Yes they are addictive, Lee. Why don't you write us a "fix" for our addiction? You would be good at it too!

I love the relationship you have with your children, Lee! I think it's amazing and wonderful. If only other parents could think of their children the way you do. The world would be a much better place.  :)

Heck no, I won't suggest a fix. I want to stay addicted, don't you?

Children are a fantastic gift that we can give to ourselves. Ennis knew this. But recently, my daughter up and abandoned me and went off to college!! The nerve of her!! I've been devastated and most people know it. But the last few months, I have regained my joy in life. It's all due to my Brokie friends. Without them, I'd be nothing...nowhere, I'm sure!
"chewing gum and duct tape"