Author Topic: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.  (Read 10880 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 01:35:19 am »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?Laureen, cause at least she had Jack/Jake in her bed

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?my friends and family

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?I would phone Alma, just before she opens the door, so she wouldnt see Ennis and Jack, and it wouldnt spoil the reunion scene

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?two planes crashed into the twin towers, killing far too many people

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?the english royal family

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?some of the fan fiction on here

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?how much I love the movie that was made from her story

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?cause I have, I have a clean floor

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?worry about smoking too much

10. Who is your best friend and why? my friend Joy, because she understands me

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 07:03:37 am »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?

Lauren Bacall in Key Largo; I love the affection where Bogey strokes her hair.  I think it was one of the most intimate moments ever captured on film (now second to tent scene 2, of course).

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?

My mother and my friends.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?

I would be in the truck with Jack after Ennis puts him off in the post-divorce scene and talk him out of going to Mexico.  I would get him to turn around and go back to Ennis.  For me, Mexico represents the death of Jack's hopes and dreams, long before his physical end.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?

Religious extremists created an unconscionable act of terror changing the world, I fear, forever.  I don't know why I was horrified by this - people have been killing in the name of God/Allah/Whomever since the beginning of time.  I guess it just hit closer to home, knowing people who worked there (who were thankfully travelling that week.)

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?

The Nobel Academy - specifically the committee for the prize in literature.   ;)

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?

The Second Coming by Walker Percy

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?

I would like to tell her how much she's influenced my life's direction.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?

No - I have kitties so the floor is never really 'clean' - though why this is different from kissing them, I cannot say.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?

I never use dishes straight from the cabinet - I always feel the need to rewash them.

10. Who is your best friend and why?

Vicki.  We've seen each other through the best and the worst for 25+ years.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

mvansand76

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2007, 07:18:47 am »
I looooooove all your replies, guys, this is so much fun to do and read!

Anything with Jake. Oh wait, anything in which I would have to kiss Jake. I would, however, ask him not to smoke for a few days.  ;)

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?My parents, my boyfriend and my now deceased Afghan Hound Muscha.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?
The last time they sit together and drink and smoke and Jack says "Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it." I would smack Ennis in the back of his head and tell him to tell Jack he loves him and hug him and kiss him. Damn.  >:(

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001? I sure would like to know, because there are too many questions that remain unanswered and I don't trust the US government to ever answer them.

Skull & Bones, Freemasons, Bohemian Grove.

All of the best BBM fanfictions.

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?That she is an example for me.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor? I tend not to, but I bet I have!

9. Can you name one of your neuroses? Biting my nails

10. Who is your best friend and why? Melissa, my dear, dear soulmate who lives in Philly and don't see often enough. We have the same Dutch background, same name and same dreams for the future!

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2007, 01:04:08 pm »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  The tin man from the Wizard of Oz.

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  My oil can.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?  When they part by the truck; I would grab both of them by the collar and march them back for a proper goodbye.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  America lost its innocence.  Again.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?  Skull and Bones:  responsible for "making" leaders.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?  The History of Love

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  I'm sure I'd be tongue-tied.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?  Sure, 5 second rule.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?  I'm a bit too fastidious.

10. Who is your best friend and why?  My friend Kevin; we met at age 14 in Catholic school; became instant friends because neither one of us knew how to play football.  He can recount conversations verbatim from 25 years ago.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2007, 03:40:31 pm »

I don't long to have played any particular acting role, but there are any number of brilliant screenplays that I'd love to have written. BBM is an obvious one. Others include L.A. Confidential, Memento, The Royal Tennenbaums, Talk to Her, Adaptation ...

My friends and family.

I'd show up in Signal when they're leaving the mountain and tell them both to come to their senses and start talking honestly about how they feel about each other and what they should do about it.

The world's future changed.

I like Lynne's idea of the Nobel literature committee. Alternatively, the Pulitzer and/or National Book Award judges.

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in Nighttime" by Mark Haddon.

That I'd clean her house once a week in return for her teaching me everything she can about great writing.

Often! As long as it's not goopy or sticky (though I probably have even spilled goopy or sticky things and tried to scoop up the parts that didn't actually touch the floor!).

Besides eating off the floor?  :laugh: Procrastination is probably my worst one.

I have three or four best friends, all of whom bring out different sides of me. One of them is the BetterMost community, collectively -- I certainly talk to you guys more than I do any of my other BFs.  :)

mvansand76

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 03:50:11 pm »

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in Nighttime" by Mark Haddon.

I LOOOOOOOOVE THAT BOOK!!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 03:42:32 am »

Anything with Jake. Oh wait, anything in which I would have to kiss Jake. I would, however, ask him not to smoke for a few days.  ;)

Oh God, yes!

I HATE kissing guys when they taste like an ashtray!

BLECH!  :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 02:33:22 pm »
Oh God, yes!

I HATE kissing guys when they taste like an ashtray!

BLECH!  :P

Even if it's Jake...

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 02:49:44 pm »
Even if it's Jake...

So if Jake were still smoking but wanted to kiss you, you would turn him down? Wouldn't it be easier just to start smoking yourself, so you wouldn't notice as much?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 06:16:33 pm »
I can't think of anyone right now.

Everyone I've worked with and my family.

I would like to jump in when Jack tells Ennis how much he misses him, to tell Ennis to answer!

I don't know. So many theories.

I'd like to infiltrate

A spanish novel named La ciudad de los prodigios (City of Prodigies)

How her story impacted me.

No. I always throw away anything I drop to the floor. 

Biting my nails

My friend Rossana. She's always there for me inspite of the distance.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.