Author Topic: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.  (Read 10884 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Snuitje's questionnaire! EXTREME EDITION.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 02:28:29 am »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  Hm, Scout?  Scarlett?  George Bailey?  No wait, I know.  Bunny Watson - Katherine Hepburn's character in Desk Set. 

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  I would probably not start listing people, because I always have an horreur of forgetting someone.  I hope I could sound sincerely appreciative without naming names.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?  There have been some very good answers to this question above.  As I try to figure out what my answer is, I realize it is the way it is.  For example, part of me wants to say I would step in and keep Ennis from getting Alma pregnant, and thus give him the freedom to go with Jack.  But those were his Little Darlins, I couldn't deprive him of them - or deprive them of their lives, for that matter.  My most visceral "NOOO" is always as they part after first coming down off the mountain, so maybe then.  But then it wouldn't be BBM.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  Sorry, I don't feel like I have enough civil liberties left to tell you.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?  The IMDb moderators - find out how they ever let that happen to us.  But here we are, living the silver lining.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?  The Nanny Diaries, which is happening.

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  In a fan setting?  I probably wouldn't bother her.  But like at a dinner party or sump'n, I would tell her she brought me back to reading the New Yorker occasionally.  I might tell her I've peed in a sink.  I would tell her how refreshing her description of being at the Oscars last year was for me. 

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?  For me it's an 8 second rule.  :)

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?  I decided that to be sure I understood how to answer I should look up the def. of neurosis.  From Wikipedia: Neurosis ... is a "catch all" term that refers to any mental imbalance that causes distress, but ... does not prevent rational thought or an individual's ability to function in daily life.   I guess I'll pick occasional paralysis in decision-making.  BTW, look at this quote by Carl Jung, from the same Wikipedia article: "I have frequently seen people become neurotic when they content themselves with inadequate or wrong answers to the questions of life."

10. Who is your best friend and why?  I guess I'll pick my husband because of his devotion to me and our family.  But he doesn't have some of the components of best-friendness that are really important to me, that I get so easily from women.  I need to remember he can't be Everything to me.  But he is my best friend.   

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 08:02:49 am »

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  Sorry, I don't feel like I have enough civil liberties left to tell you.

Sad, but unfortunately true...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 05:23:53 pm »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?

I would like to have been an extra in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?

The Late Cordelia Florence Nightengale Stockton Garner Higgings Franklin

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?

When Ennis walked out of the phone booth after talking to Lureen, I would take him in my arms and tell him to let it out.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?

I subscribe to the Michael Moore view of those events, but doubt if we will ever really know.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?

The United States Government

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?

Three Farmers on Their Way to a Dance

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?

Well I did meet her and I told her I had been to Lightning Flat and she asked me what I saw when I got there.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?

Five second rule and general cleanliness applies, but yes.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?

I have a mild case of Touretts Syndrome, for the past few years it has only manifested in teeth grinding.

10. Who is your best friend and why?

The receptionist in my office , Annette, because she is the most fastinating person I have ever met.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 10:30:45 pm »
 Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austin

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?   The parting outside
  Aguirees .  Inform them as to the future if they do not stay together.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001  A botched
plan by a group, that had intended to Wreck all the symbols of the
US.  They succeeded in part and thanks to some brave americans on
a plane headed for the capital,  they only partiallly succeeded.  Helped
by the weakminded behavior at the top.  If not for them, they
would have succeeded totally.

The Carlisle Group

The Laramie Saga

How profoundly positive an outcome I have had.  Having started from
such a devastating place

Sure, hasnt everyone,,unless they are lieing

Bridges

My husband, and my grandaughter, because we do all things together,
either one or both of them and me.  We love being together, and
doing things together.    simple

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spent most of my life outside in the drivin' rain. I was only trying to get by with some of life's amenities. Well nothin's free. I 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:47:58 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 11:05:50 pm »
I haven't read any other replies, on purpose.
But I will read all later.

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  Jacques Cousteau

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  "I would like to zank all ze zeafood zat made zis posseble."

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?    I would step in while the message was coming up the mountain - "Bring em down", and I would have changed the message to "Bring em down next week".  I would give Jack and Ennis a week's notice of what was going to happen.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  Saudi Arabia bought America.  That was the delivery date.  A shipment of scared americans.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?    None.  I don't want to get caught up in that.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?    Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston - a Newfoundland book.  Leads up to how we became part of Canada (in 1949).

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  We would probably talk about recipes, depending what's  in season.  I think Annie knows about me from mutual friends.  I know about her, but I don't push it.  I intend to meet her next summer when she visits Newfoundland.   Might be rhubarb season when I meet her.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?    Yes, one fall I was visiting my aunt, who had a crabapple tree in her back yard.   I was surprised that she didn't plan to make any preserves from it.   So I picked a small bunch and we cooked them and sweetened them until they were lovely.  She was so proud of them and held the pot upside down to show that as it cooled it got nice and thick without pectin.  It was fairly thick, but not thick enough or cold enough.  All the applesauce landed on the floor.   The floor was very clean. and I scooped up most of the applesauce and put it back into the pot.   And what we left on the floor, we mopped up with home made bread as we sat there laughing and eating bread and jam off the floor.   My Aunt Mary has since suffered from Alzheimers and passed away.  But I have the memory of that visit, all the things we did that weekend and eating apple "bread and jam" off the kitchen floor. 

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?    Fear of not being in control of my life.

10. Who is your best friend and why?    My best platonic friend is a cousin who calls often, we always picnic when she's in town, no matter the weather.   She always gets the nicest baseball hat for me.   This time it was an Iditarod cap.   She understands Brokeback and me.   I would miss her so much, and her - me.

Very nice questions.

Thanks Snuitje

loved your answers.....specially the one about the jam off the floor.

<Edited by David to fix post format.>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:23:13 am by David »

Beautiful mind

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 09:55:49 pm »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  Sally Bowels in Cabaret

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech? My fans for watching me, my representation for getting me the job, the director for helping me, the make up, costume and sound folks for making me look good, my co-stars for being there, my parents Bob and God for supporting me in my choices

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do? Just before they part after coming down off the mountain in 1963 and I would try to help they see they had a chance, to take it because chances like this down come along everyday.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001? America lost it’s innocence and there by it's sense of complacency. We now know that we are not untouchable by fanaticism, madness and extremism we've just been lucky up till now

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate? One of those deep cover covert ones that are so secret we don’t even realize they exist.
6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie? The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself? That I am an avid reader and I was really touched by The Shipping News (I think she’s heard enough about Brokeback for a while  ;))

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor? No how, No way

9. Can you name one of your neuroses? Not eating things that have fallen on the dirty floor, I wouldn’t like the bottom of your shoes either.

10. Who is your best friend and why?  Victoria.  I have known her for over 20 years and she is the loyalist, kindest most selfless person I have ever known.  She has this off beat killer sense of humor and we get along famously.  She gets me more than anyone I have ever known and she cares.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 12:09:32 am »
Ooooh, another one! Such fun!  :laugh:

1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been? Jack Twist, 'cause I get to be intimate with Ennis del Mar! Mmmmm!

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech? I'd thank Heath Ledger for being such a good kisser!

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do? I would step in when Ennis returns to the camp, finding Jack dismantling the tent. I would sit them both down and speak to them sternly about facing up to the reality of their situation. I would tell them that I am very rich (I wish!) and I would offer them a ranch where they could live together for the rest of their lives. No strings attached.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001? A group of vacuous religious fanatics committed a heinous act of mass murder.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate? My own psyche.

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie? "The Persian Boy," by Mary Renault

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself? I would ask her to tell me about herself.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor? No.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses? I have a morbid fear of spiders and flying. I am also mildly agoraphobic.

10. Who is your best friend and why? My mother, because she loved me unconditionally. She is in my thoughts every day.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 06:16:37 am »

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate? My own psyche.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 10:01:19 am »
1. If you could have played one movie role, which would it have been?  Gotta go with Justine in "The Good Girl" on that one.   :-*

2. Who would you thank in your Oscar acceptance speech?  No one.  I'd boycott.  ;)  Seriously, my mother, for encouraging me always to just be exactly who and what I was.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?  Of course it would make it an entirely different story, but I'd step in at the moment the killer mechanics were starting to attack my dear Jack and take them out with my trusty trap and skeet shooting rifle.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?  I think that 19 religious zealots who had been trained to hate anyone who isn't exactly like they are took that hatred and zealotry to an extreme and killed several thousand people along with themselves in the name of God.  And it happened here in America because we were all too complacent and arrogant to believe it could ever happen to us.

5. Which secret organisation would you like to infiltrate?  The AMPAS.  ;)

6. Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?  The Alienist

7. If you met Annie Proulx, what would you tell her about yourself?  I'd tell her, and only if we struck up a rapport and she seemed even remotely interested, that I see myself in Ennis in a very profound way.

8. Have you ever eaten anything from the floor?  Hell, yeah.  Five-second Rule.  But I've never eaten anything that I didn't drop there myself.

9. Can you name one of your neuroses?  Just one?  OK... I tend to get hyper-focused on (some would say obsessed with) one thing and/or person and stay with that for a year or more.  Hard to imagine, huh?

10. Who is your best friend and why?  At this point in my life, I would have to say my friend Teresa.  And I just now realized that.  Like my mother, she never tells me who and what I "should" be.  She just lets me be.  And we tell each other everything.  And our life stories are remarkably - almost unnervingly - similar.
No more beans!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 02:20:30 pm »

Oh....I don't know

God, family, friends.

3. If you could step in at any moment during Brokeback Mountain, which moment would it be and what would you do?

Just after the "some sweet life" conversation, to hug Ennis, and tell him to forget about his daddy and Earl, and to hold on to Jack.

4. What do you think happened on September 11th 2001?

it's one of those things that we'll always wonder about.  Why it happened, and what we could've done to stop it.

none

don't know

that I write poetry

yes

geez...not sure I can

I don't think I have one.  I have a ton of great friends, but don't have a 'best' friend, which is fine with me.  I love them all equally.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!