Author Topic: Your Fanfiction Journey: Share Your Story  (Read 12701 times)

Offline aileen

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Your Fanfiction Journey: Share Your Story
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2007, 04:09:40 am »
Welcome Aileen and good luck with your writing! I know firsthand how scary it is to put your writing out there, so if you need any help, just let me know!

Mel

Thank you!!! That's very kind of you :) I'll let you know for sure :)

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Your Fanfiction Journey: Share Your Story
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 09:22:50 pm »
Hello,

I wanted to respond about how I discovered fanfiction. 

I had read a piece or two, about a favorite movie or television program, when I wanted the story to continue.  I never spent a lot of time on it, just an occasional surf on the web.  Then I saw Brokeback Mountain.

I was devastated by it, in every way - by both its beauty and its tragedy.  It's one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen; one of my favorites now.  The short story was wonderful also.  Talk about wanting more - I was heartbroken that E&J couldn't be happy together, and wondered just what might have happened if things had turned out differently for them.   So I went in search of fanfic, and I found some the most wonderful stories to heal my broken heart.  I still to this day cannot read one where Jack dies; I like the happy or "utopia ranch" fics.  I was amazed by how much the film affected me, and glad to find solace with those who were affected the same way.  It has helped in healing, as one of the posters mentioned above.  The first one I read was Human Interest, just like a lot of you did.  From there I read Somebody New, Green Eyes, and If I Asked, and many others.  There are so many wonderful and talented writers it's hard to keep up with them all!

One day, I decided to try one of my own, I'm an absolute beginner with it, but it's been a lot of fun to do.  I am totally in love with these characters.  :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:40:08 am by passionscowboys »
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love